OCR02245 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Monsoon in the Concrete Jungle"

I love this remix. I feel this is the perfect mix for fans of the sources who have listened to them many times over the years. There's so much deviation from the original tunes and it's very entertaining to listen to. Also, the sound quality is great - my friends who have never played the game before will enjoy this too. Yay!

• 2 weeks later...

It amuses me that the source tunes get almost as much love as Ice Cap. Rightfully so, because both SS and Forest Interlude lends themselves well to so many different takes. This ReMix is a great example. Nice jazzy arrangement. The police sirens and such were a nice touch and oh, do I love that sax. Half laid-back, half funky, all good. Nice work!

• 1 month later...
More artists filling out the soundscape pioneered here by the likes of Morse and posu yan? Never a bad thing.

This.

As djp said in the write-up, please keep staring into the abyss, as only good things can come from that. Very smooth, laid-back remix with some nice use of sfx (rain and police sirens), and the live sax adds the cherry on top of the cream.

Nice work, folks.

I do wonder what the whispering voice in the end says, though...

I really did enjoy this mix very much; the strings especially caught my attention, and I am absolutely in love with what follows the at 2:15. That synth was absolutely beautiful, along with the sax.

One thing I didn't like, though, is how the song transitioned to the soloing section. The soloing was very good, the piano especially, but it really just felt tacked on, to be honest. Not that it didn't belong at all, but I just didn't really like how it transitioned is all.

Good remix!

• 4 months later...

This mix definitely oozes Jamiroquai - the overall feel is executed pretty well, and gives the song a solidly new identity from its more removed original context. I like the addition of the sax, although I feel like the rest of the song is drowned out some by it, and it makes the end sound a bit like it was a quick fade out. Otherwise, it's a nice enjoyable mix to add to the collection :) .

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02245 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Monsoon in the Concrete Jungle"