*NO* Wonder Boy 3 'The Mindful Hero'

djpretzel

Hi. I would like to submit a remix to your great site.

Link to remix:

Remixer name: The Shambler

Email address: john_carb@hotmail.com

Game: Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap

Composer: Shinichi Sakamoto

System: Sega Master System

Original soundtrack: http://www.zophar.net/vgm/wonderb3.zip

Comments: Sorry, I don't think i'm verry good at comments but here goes. I guess I got the first inspiration to this after listening to the Marble Dancefloor remix of Marble Madness, I'm quite pleased with it as far as my songs go. I'm not very experienced at usung programs so don't expect anything high tech (I used fruityloops 3). Enjoy!

http://www.zophar.net/vgm/wonderb3.zip - "Mind of Hero"

There were some pretty static sounding synths in play here creating a very dry texture. The instrumentation, as it were, was pretty sparse. Some delayed synths, a bassline and some beats made up 90% of the track. The composition was really dragging beyond the 2-minute mark. Started recycling/retreading a bit at 2:25. Also noticed a few odd note patterns in places.

Finally something new at 2:55 with the synth electric bass work, but this just continued to sound very spartan with no dynamics or particularly interesting ideas present. Bland execution. Keep at it, sure, but you've got a ways to go. I could certainly hear how you were attempting to follow Palpable's style from "Marble Dancefloor," though this definitely didn't pull it off.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

I hear a lot of unpleasant stuff going on here. Clipping/distortion and/or vinyl crackling. It's not pleasant. Otherwise it's decent. Synths are very vanilla and plain though. Also the whole mix just sounds so sequenced and quantized. There's no natural flow. More work is needed at this point in the arrangement and sound design. NO

• 3 weeks later...