Thinking about buying new headphones

Chernabogue

Alright, everything is in the title, haha!

I'm currently listening and mixing audio with my Philips SHP2000, which are not that bad, but I have used them for around 5 years.

As my birthday draws near, I have been thinking about buying new headphones to improve my mixing and listening experiences.

I'm looking for headphones with the same main form than the Philips SHP2000 (mine, see link above). I'm looking for something not too expensive (around 50€ = around $70. If you can show me something really fantastic, I'll consider going more expensive).

So, what should I look for while searching for new headphones (caracteristics, etc.)? What headphones could you suggest to me?

Thanks for the help! :)

It's a little above your price range, but they're also fantastic, as you say -- the AKG-K240 headphones. djpretzel recommended them to me a while ago, and it's the best audio decision I've made in a long while.

The comfort alone makes them worth the extra cost, but they're also some of the best sounding headphones I've ever used -- better than a lot of the headsets in the studios I've been to. Get them for $100 through the OCR Amazon store and help the site out while you're at it :P