final Fantasy 7 - Victory Fanfare(RobotSmacK Remix)

Wow! Talk about a different type of music. Hi-tech industrial or something? :P

That's BoMbY-BoOm! Your sounds are pretty HyPnOtIzInG. Those synths catch through my brain like lasers, and those PuMpY kicks taste like pulsar. Really dig what you've done at 0:42-1:00, as a break for the FaIrY-rObOtS to come with something that's even more penetrating (I'd just have a transition in which the sounds slowly fade in for that section to come smoothly). But damn, everything's so incredibly well mixed.

1:00-1:57; ...holy machine. That's not lasers anymore, that's freaking electric bazooka. I feel like having a lockin' dance here. Excellent work :nicework:

1:58-2:37 is probably the only section I'm not the happiest with due to its loudness, but I'm still happy. In general, though, I'm also for variety to wobble patterns, in order to let the song keep grabbing the listener's attention. Also, ending's a bit anti-climactic as it comes after such a crowded performance.

Now, the way you worked on the source... I see you've made the chords from the original longer, and the progression's the same. Still, sounds like a different track. Hard for me to say whether that's good or not for OCR. :?:

Finally, when I compare this to other songs, it sounds like this one's loud in the mid-frequencies. I'd shave a bit from them on the master track EQ ;D

Yup, you seem to have some experience, dude, coz this is VERY good! ^^

I like what you're trying to do with this. Given how short and repeatative the source is maybe you would consider layering in another song to break it up and give it some variety? (When I heard this mix I instantly pictured 'Shinra Company' fitting into it. Just a thought...)

It's got the potential to be really sick! Keep at it!

Holy Cr**! THIS, THIS is awesome.

As refered by others, variety in the wobble partern could help it a lot, but It's catchy anyway. And at 1:59, the bass is tacking so much place, it doesn't let place for the rest of the sounds. You should KEep it as dirty but verify its loudness.

And the intro's a bit wacky but that's my opinion.

Hope this help.

BTW, GOOD TRACK. I DIG IT. PLEASE FINISH IT !!

Hey!

@pixelwave I agree, I could switch around the wobbles, make it more interesting

@Guifrog Thanks for the break down! I'm still working out the kinks in my mastering chain, I'll see what I can do with the midss

@auronapern I definitely thought about incorporating other FF7 bits in, but I kinda liked the challenge of elaborating on such a repetitive passage haha

@Rockos the 1:59 bass splosion was intentional, but maybe a bit more melody uptop might tie it together

Thanks for the feedback~!

• 1 month later...

It's SO crunchy and gritty... like I feel like I'm chewing on cement. Which I've been known to do from time to time... anyway, this thing kicks ass. I really enjoy it! I think I need to shower off after 2:17.

I will agree about the snare though, at the beginning it's not as big of a deal, but once there's all the beef around it, the reverb that's there gets covered up. But it's also sort of a preference, and if you dig it as is, I don't particularly have a huge problem with it.

Keep em comin dude!

Thats the first time I heard a dubstep version of victory fanfare, and i friggin love it dude. just pure badass. be careful though because at 1:58 to the end the bass starts to overpower the original sample by a bit. you can still hear it but barely. other than that, i haven't listened to dubstep much but this is badass...........I GARUNTEE IT!!!

I usually get tired of dubstep after a minute or so, but this knocked my socks off (and thrust my bare feet into a fuming vat of acid)!

There are one or two sections, in particular 0:23-0:39, where there are some interesting rhythms but it feels a bit empty to me. Even if it's meant to be a break from the mayhem (and we need it at times), I think you could add some subtle pads, effects, and/or rhythm variations to the existing parts to give it more momentum.

GREAT JOB :nicework:

• 1 month later...