Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

i'm gonna mix the comp menu with vocals and my style is gonna be hip hop as well. i'm shooting for more of a dirty south thang though. :) i was thinking about it and well...i'm trying out for three of the mixes. originally i wanted to do sky sanctuary but this thread blew up pretty fucking quick so i did'nt get the chance to get it and i had already started working on it...so...yeah...that's the latest from me. peace.

i wanted to do sky sanctuary but this thread blew up pretty fucking quick so i did'nt get the chance to get it and i had already started working on it.

If your doing a rock version of it, I'll gladly hand it over. But if not, I'll be willing to compete. :wink:

You'd probably win though, I have very limited resources and the most I'll have by that deadline is a .mus file in need of conversion and tweaking. But I'm going at Sky Sanctuary head on, this needs a hard rock arrangment, and I'll use whatever I have to make one.

newer WIP: http://66.221.70.133/hadyn/heads%20up%20for%20tails2.mp3

EDIT: Whoops... posted wrong link. Fixed now.

Just all my ideas thrown together into a short piece so you guys can see what I have in mind. All feedback is great :)

Pretty cool stuff you got there. Love the percussion and the title! :wink:

I gotta go to math in about ten minutes, which really sucks cause I've come up with a lot more ideas for my Hydrocity mix. Oy, the two hours won't go by quick enough! At least I got my Big Bad Voodoo Daddy CD to pop in my CD player for some inspiration while I'm cruisin' to the college. :)

I'd just like to come out of "hiding" to show my support for this project, and I think it's fine that it's starting even though Hedgehog Heaven just came out, because it's a great soundtrack and there seems to be enough interest in it. It's funny, because yesterday I was playing S3&K on Sonic Mega Collection and I thought it would be cool if there was ever a site project for it and I come here and BOOM! there it is.

I would have loved to take a shot a Sandopolis Zone, the final boss theme, or the Doomsday Zone theme, but sadly I don't have a program and even if I did I bet my lack of experience would hinder my ability to incorporate my ideas....oh well, whatever.

On a (pointless) side note, I noticed how the mid-boss theme and the Flying Battery Zone theme have the same James Bond type of thing going on in them.

Oh, and Hadyn, I'll have to hurt you if you add lyrics to that song......but nice job so far!

ok, so heres a little WIP i have of endless mine.

even though its claimed by jeffreymroberts id still like to make one, and get a vote or somethin.

please forgive the weirdness of the intro, as i have only spent about 20 min on it so far, and im still trying to cope with a few of the deceptively annoying features that were introduced in reason 3.0

http://www.siamey.com/mind_shafts.mp3

Looking like fun, Sithlord! It's really seems to be snowballing as well.

I know it might be early, but I was thinking you could lay out a set of the rules you have already decided on in your first post.

Also, you said there could be competition over themes. It's not a bad idea to encourage people to take tracks that haven't been claimed yet, but you shouldn't discourage them from taking up tracks that other, more established mixers have jumped on. The more songs to pick from/vote on, the better I say!

If your doing a rock version of it, I'll gladly hand it over. But if not, I'll be willing to compete. :wink:

You'd probably win though, I have very limited resources and the most I'll have by that deadline is a .mus file in need of conversion and tweaking. But I'm going at Sky Sanctuary head on, this needs a hard rock arrangment, and I'll use whatever I have to make one.

haha...naw it's gonna be house...don't sell yourself short too quickly though...i ain't the best remixer and despite what you might think of me i don't think too many ppl enjoy my style.