Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

Okinawa han shinto puffy amiyumi! That's japanese for gibberish! I got a really early, thrown together mp3. I'm most likely gonna cut a lot of stuff. Thoguh I'd like to know which parts you folks think I should keep.

http://joker.paletteswap.com/Remixes/Sonic%20Knuckles%20-%20Zero%20Hour.mp3

Not really mastered as much as... I made this!

28-Doomsday - claimed by Joker & "pt2" claimed by Hadyn/or DjNova (I don't see 1 & 2, please clear this up)

54-FinalBoss - FREE (I think?)

Doomsday pt 2 is actually FinalBoss. So I'm remixing that.

I am remixing that too, but i'm already correctly placed on the list :)

Take out that ear-splitting high-pitched droning noise, and you have a winner on your hands ^^

Yeah... That noise hurts the fck out of my ears, but everything else sounds awesome :)

Early WIP. The ReMix yet to be titled.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/generalslicermusic.htm

Sounding nice man. Keep it up.

Anyway, here's a really early draft

http://geckoyamori.savagewar.co.uk/Launch%20Base%20(S3K%20Project).mp3

Gangsta Lead isn't quite there yet.

Bloody awesome - can't wait to hear more :D

This is the only WIP I'l give out to the public, so the final release will only be avaliable when the project is released :wink:

ftp://66.221.70.133/FS/Sir_NutS-Run_For_Your_Life,_Knuckles!.mp3

this is the first demo, so it will be improved a lot on the final version, and of course, it wil be longer than that (maybe 5 or 6 minutes).

so yeah enjoy.

Anyway, here's a really early draft

http://geckoyamori.savagewar.co.uk/Launch%20Base%20(S3K%20Project).mp3

Gangsta Lead isn't quite there yet.

Sounding good, but that squealing noise... Maybe reduce the volume on it, or something, 'cause I think it'd start to get annoying after a while.

Early WIP. The ReMix yet to be titled.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/generalslicermusic.htm

Excellent man, that one is great!

This is the only WIP I'l give out to the public, so the final release will only be avaliable when the project is released :wink:

ftp://66.221.70.133/FS/Sir_NutS-Run_For_Your_Life,_Knuckles!.mp3

this is the first demo, so it will be improved a lot on the final version, and of course, it wil be longer than that (maybe 5 or 6 minutes).

so yeah enjoy.

Nice name. This one is coming along very nicely, possibly my favorite one so far. Can't wait to hear the final!

This one's a good start, I like the style of it. Like Hadyn said, fix that high-pitched noise and it'll be great.

I hope you all don't mind me commenting on the songs, I don't know how to remix at all, so I really have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to composition. I'm just telling you from a listener's standpoint, so feel free to completely disregard this post. <_<

By the way, anyone think up a cool name for the overall project?

:lol: Yeah, just had to come somewhere down the line...

Anyway, I just want to let you know that I have been working on my contribution for the project. It may be a bit dense right now, and even here it's practically unfinished, but it's as much as I could go through before Easter break.

Right-click here and select "Save Target As" in order to download the file.

Might as well tell a bit about what I did. The music in both acts of the Angel Island Zone, although similar, seem to portray a different range of melodic values as a whole.

The first half of the piece portrays the island at peace, all leading into a light fast-tempo segment that signifies meeting up with Eggman's fire machine thing.

The second half - which I admit still needs work - showcases the pain of the island, burning into rubble and appearing of more of a hellish nature; even with that painful image in mind, the player still needs to go on to defeat Eggman and reclaim the Chaos Emeralds, even if it does take several zones at a time.

Thanks for your time, good sirs and madames ^^

Latest version!

http://66.221.70.133/hadyn/heads%20up%20for%20tails3.mp3

I need feedback! It's certainly not finished and I'll continue to improve it myself, but if there's something you think I should change or try, TELL ME! I want to make this as good as I can.

It's going to be up next to tracks by some of the best game remix artists around, I don't want it to sound sub-par ^^;

Thanks in advance,

~Hadyn

Holy freak that's cool :D

I mean, there a little things here and there, but damn! Nice going so far! Very nice groove you've got ^^

I'm not sure about the quality of that saxamaphone sound - maybe try some delay or verb?

Also, the song as a whole is *very* quiet, so maybe you could bring up the olume a little ^^

But yeah. Otherwise, I'm loving it :)

heh, thanks ^^ interesting you mentioned the volume issues, because I had the same problem with the WIPs of my Sonic 2 work at VGMix. Might be the overdose on the percussion levels (again) or something, but when I approach the file again I'll see if I can look into it.

As far as I'm concerned, composition comes before production techniques, although I'm still thinking on about reverb application.

Looking on at your work man, I for one thought the ideas have managed to work well so far, and have worked in portraying the menacing nature of the final boss. Very thoughtful. If there's something I could suggest at this point it could be towards the drum processing; I thought you swamped the snare with too much treble EQ, as it sounds more like a NES snare more than the industrial type you seemed to be aiming for here.

Nonetheless, let's hope this project works on well ^^

Hey, thanks - bot of you ^^

Rexy - yeah, I don't like my drums a whole lot - I'll try out what you said next time I work on the piece.

If there's anything else you guys can think of, make sure to let me know. I won't be working on it again for atleast another 15 hours, so that's plenty of time for feedback :)

Thanks again,

~Hadyn

Still lots of stuff i need to change about it, but here is an update on WiP:

http://home.planet.nl/~hofm0200/s3finalboss.mp3'

All of the other WiPs sound very good! Keep up the good work guys! :)

link's not working

Do you see the ' at the end of the filename? That's the problem.

Try http://home.planet.nl/~hofm0200/s3finalboss.mp3

:lol: Yeah, just had to come somewhere down the line...

Anyway, I just want to let you know that I have been working on my contribution for the project. It may be a bit dense right now, and even here it's practically unfinished, but it's as much as I could go through before Easter break.

Might as well tell a bit about what I did. The music in both acts of the Angel Island Zone, although similar, seem to portray a different range of melodic values as a whole.

The first half of the piece portrays the island at peace, all leading into a light fast-tempo segment that signifies meeting up with Eggman's fire machine thing.

The second half - which I admit still needs work - showcases the pain of the island, burning into rubble and appearing of more of a hellish nature; even with that painful image in mind, the player still needs to go on to defeat Eggman and reclaim the Chaos Emeralds, even if it does take several zones at a time.

First, angelfire doesn't allow remote linking, so it should be noted that in order to get that link to work, it has to be copied, and pasted into a new window. At least in Mozilla.

Excellent, excellent work on the first half. I also definitely like your concept. I'm having two problems with the second half. First, the transition, at about 2:15, brings to mind one of those silly chase montages you see in cartoons. Second, at about 3:36, it suddenly turns upbeat again I think I understand what this is (the need to go on despite the pain), the change is a bit too abrupt. You probably know that already. To aid in smoothing the transition, I offer the following advice. Right now, that end part is a bit too happy feeling, what would work better is something that feels a bit angry (in music, as in real life, the transition from sad to angry is smoother than from sad to bouncy). At the same time, I would lengthen the sad part, and shorten the ending (whatever direction you take it in), to end off just as Sonic has gathered his resolve.

Of course, I'm no expert at remixing, and I have no idea how to implement any of what I just suggested, so if you have different ideas, or my suggestions don't make sense, just ignore me.

On a non-critique note: I'm looking forward to hearing your finished version, and I'm glad you're on this project, so I can hear more of your work soon.