Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

And that my freind, will be up to the Lava Reef remixer.

Which I was going to work in anyway. Start out really rocking the piano, with the main bit from Lava Reef, then calm down for Hidden Palace, then build up to a kickass ending. Whatever the piano-equivalant word for "shred" is, that's what it'll be doing.

And why aren't we remixing the bonus stages, anyway? At least the one with the spheres, I really liked that(and was really really good at it too--almost always could get to 999 rings and several extra lives in there).

I really liked the music from that stage, too. It could be a nice segue between the last Sonic 3 track and the first S&K. Although I'd kinda assume there'd be a boss track there. Maybe Launch Base->Boss 2->Glow Ball->Mushroom Hill

Just a thought...

Race Results:

If we're having the themes from the race stages, why not the music from the results screen? On the other hand, why are we having the themes from the race stages, where do they fit in?

I'm thinking about incorperating this track into the ending of my 'Endless Mine' mix. As EM would be the last compitition track, I feel it's appropriate.

Race Results:

If we're having the themes from the race stages, why not the music from the results screen? On the other hand, why are we having the themes from the race stages, where do they fit in?

I'm thinking about incorperating this track into the ending of my 'Endless Mine' mix. As EM would be the last compitition track, I feel it's appropriate.

I agree with that.

Sonic & Knuckles Credits:

This is mostly just a mix of a bunch of themes from S&K, remixing this would overlap Mushroom Hill, Lava Reef, Flying Battery, Sandopolis, Death Egg(?), Sky Sanctuary, and S&K Super Sonic. Remixing this could very well be pointless.

Actually, I think that could work very well as a piano medley. I remember someone once doing a piano remix of the Sonic 2 Credits that was very well done. A nice piano track would be a good way to end the project, in my opinion.

Sonic & Knuckles Credits:

This is mostly just a mix of a bunch of themes from S&K, remixing this would overlap Mushroom Hill, Lava Reef, Flying Battery, Sandopolis, Death Egg(?), Sky Sanctuary, and S&K Super Sonic. Remixing this could very well be pointless.

Actually, I think that could work very well as a piano medley. I remember someone once doing a piano remix of the Sonic 2 Credits that was very well done. A nice piano track would be a good way to end the project, in my opinion.

As part of this project, though, if you were going to do a medley, it seems to me like you'd kind of have to include every track that got remixed... which would be time consuming, and pointless.

I'd like to see a remix of the S&K end credits, but I don't think it belongs in this project. Neither does the guy who started it.

Rejoice peasants! For I have updated my track. I think I've found a good way to go with it. Anyway, still really not mastered & some fx issues in this one, but it's just to give ya'll a good idea what I'm going for. Oh yeah, & I have no intention of not finishing on time. In fact as of this post right here, I officially made the deadline. But I always welcome a good competition.

the linkage:

http://joker.paletteswap.com/Remixes/Sonic%20Knuckles%20-%20Zero%20Hour.mp3

Toma!

Rejoice peasants! For I have updated my track. I think I've found a good way to go with it. Anyway, still really not mastered & some fx issues in this one, but it's just to give ya'll a good idea what I'm going for. Oh yeah, & I have no intention of not finishing on time. In fact as of this post right here, I officially made the deadline. But I always welcome a good competition.

the linkage:

http://joker.paletteswap.com/Remixes/Sonic%20Knuckles%20-%20Zero%20Hour.mp3

Toma!

What happened between the first WIP and this? The only real problem in that one was that the repeated high pitched bell sound was way too loud/high pitched.

In this one, I can no longer even recognize the source. It sounds like it might be in there, but it's definitely being overpowered by what should be the background loops.

Good luck on the project people.

If I may suggest 2 things:

1)If you're going to mix Sonic3&k. You might as well do it properly. By that I mean all the tunes that are possible as a mix.

2)One thing I quite liked from the DKC project is each song fading out and into the next one. If you lot could manage this I think it'll be even better.

Roll on 2008!

If I may suggest 2 things:

1)If you're going to mix Sonic3&k. You might as well do it properly. By that I mean all the tunes that are possible as a mix.

2)One thing I quite liked from the DKC project is each song fading out and into the next one. If you lot could manage this I think it'll be even better.

Roll on 2008!

1. I agree, we should do as many tracks as possible. On the other hand, 40 TRACKS would be to many.

EDIT: Although it would be cool if someone made a medley of some of the unused tracks, such as the 3 Bonus Stages.

2. Not all of the songs from the DKC Project were 'crossfaded'. But yeah, I would like to see the tracks on this one 'crossfaded' into one continous track.

Relics of the Chozo had better transfers between songs, since you can listen to it on a media player and it sounds like on whole song. If that could be pulled of on this project, it'd be awesome. :D

Relics of the Chozo had better transfers between songs, since you can listen to it on a media player and it sounds like on whole song. If that could be pulled of on this project, it'd be awesome. :D

Ah. Didn't download those since I never played Super. Guess I should grab the rom sometime..

if someone made a medley of some of the unused tracks, such as the 3 Bonus Stages.

Thats the best idea I've heard so far..

I would like to see the tracks on this one 'crossfaded' into one continous track.

Personally I don't like this idea because if you only wanted to listen to 1 song, or have your winamp/cd player on random, the start and end of the songs dont sound quite right. Since winamp has a crossfade plugin, why not use that for personal use instead of hard-coding the files with unnecessary crossfades..