Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

Rayza, I LOVE the azure mix, however I think that the synth at about 0:13 is a little loud and high pitched, maybey you could tone it down a bit, atm, its really hard to hear the beats in the background, but when I set my eqaulizer just right, I could hear those beats underneath the synth together, and it went together really really well. but it's great work nonetheless! ^_^ I hope you can do that well on the sonic 3 credits. :D

Rayza, I LOVE the azure mix, however I think that the synth at about 0:13 is a little loud and high pitched, maybey you could tone it down a bit, atm, its really hard to hear the beats in the background

Yeh I know theres a bunch of work to be done still, I like to get my instruments right before I move on with the main composing part. I do tend to make my leads a bit shrill especially when working with headphones. Don't worry, this is like a pre-wip, or something.. Just wanted to let people know I'm not just sitting around :)

I finally decided to post my WIP...anywho, this is completely different than anything any of you are expecting (not probably, definitely), I just hope you like it. Also, I am aware of the add being too quiet at 3:22. It takes a half hour to render this, so Ill fix that among other things next update. Anyway, here's the link

feedback + suggestions would be great.

Well, I appreciate any feedback. So thanks. But I'd like to make one thing clear. This is in no way finished. It's more of me just settling on a sound, but still playing around with the piece. So, keep that in mind before you rush to judgement.

Sorry, I was kind of rude in the way I put some things. I always envisioned a techno-orchestra-metal piece, and I'm trying to work on that but I lack any skills with drums. However, you do, so do you have any tips (and btw, what prog do you use?).

I finally decided to post my WIP...anywho, this is completely different than anything any of you are expecting (not probably, definitely), I just hope you like it. Also, I am aware of the add being too quiet at 3:22. It takes a half hour to render this, so Ill fix that among other things next update. Anyway, here's the link

feedback + suggestions would be great.

Your low tone in the main theme melody isn't quite low enough. (The second and sixth notes in the part that sounds vaguely like synth horns). Other than that, I love the direction you took this.

Thanks, Im really glad you both enjoyed it so far. Upthorn, could you be a bit more specific? I cant really pinpoint what it is you're talking about. What time does it come in?

It's the loop of the main theme. In your mix it starts at 0:25. In the original it would start as soon as you started the level. The second and sixth notes in your version are a bit too high to be on key.

Maybe just by a half-step or so.

Edit: Just to try and make sure I've made it clear, I'm adding another phrasing of the description:

The first and second notes in the loop that comes in at 0:25, in all cases of the loop, are high, and slightly off key.

Your first version had fewer problems, and they were easier to fix. Why did you do this one while I was trying to polish the old version?

ahhhh it's okay!! I have to versions so I still have the old one that I gave you so I'll work on that one harder and scrap the other one. :wink:

Your first version had fewer problems, and they were easier to fix. Why did you do this one while I was trying to polish the old version?

ahhhh it's okay!! I have to versions so I still have the old one that I gave you so I'll work on that one harder and scrap the other one. :wink:

Okay. For a while there I was worried you'd abandoned that version while I was working on it. That would have been upsetting.

Alright, my first WIP is ready.

I haven't worked more than an hour on this, so it's pretty rough and short. Any suggestions, ideas on where the song should progress from here?

I've radically changed the feel of the piece from a bouncy sound (pretty ugly) to a more ambient sound (nicer, in my opinion).

Anyway, www.soundclick.com/bands/6/ichitootahmusic.htm

(Helium Stairway)

Glad people are making progress on their respective works as well. Feedback much appreciated. I'm a pretty new mixer, and not that good yet, but I'm still working at it, and suggestions will definitely be taken into account.

Edit: Soundclick (where my song is hosted )is down, hopefully it'll be back up later.

Thanks, Im really glad you both enjoyed it so far. Upthorn, could you be a bit more specific? I cant really pinpoint what it is you're talking about. What time does it come in?

It's the loop of the main theme. In your mix it starts at 0:25. In the original it would start as soon as you started the level. The second and sixth notes in your version are a bit too high to be on key.

Edit: Just to try and make sure I've made it clear, I'm adding another phrasing of the description:

The first and second notes in the loop that comes in at 0:25, in all cases of the loop, are high, and slightly off key.

Hmm, well just to test your theory, I raised the whole song by a half step (matching the GYM) and it seems to be the same. Perhaps you means out of tune, or it was the octave difference that made it sound different (the mix has that section playing an octave higher than the ost)

Anyway, I think I like how the song sounds a half step up, I might leave it this way. :)

I did lower the pitch slightly, and it sounds better now, so it was probably the tuning which needed....um tuning? :roll:

Also, I lowered the guitar one octave in the main theme.

Ok, rendering's done. Heres the New version

And here's the Old version

What do you think? Half step up or normal?

Hmm, well just to test your theory, I raised the whole song by a half step (matching the GYM) and it seems to be the same. Perhaps you means out of tune, or it was the octave difference that made it sound different (the mix has that section playing an octave higher than the ost)

Anyway, I think I like how the song sounds a half step up, I might leave it this way. :)

I did lower the pitch slightly, and it sounds better now, so it was probably the tuning which needed....um tuning? :roll:

Also, I lowered the guitar one octave in the main theme.

Ok, rendering's done. Heres the New version

And here's the Old version

What do you think? Half step up or normal?

The new version no longer sounds off key to me. Perfect.

Okay. I need feedback on a possible collaborative submission between myself and APC.

Song is here

Direct comments, criticsm, and suggestions here

There is some horrible clipping going on there... Your EQ work isn't so great - are you maybe using a sub or something to mix this? maybe cheap headphones? There's wayyy too much volume on the kick drum, and it's killing the mix. The other volumes and frequencies are a little dodgy too...

Other than that, though, It's a pretty cool mix..

Fix the EQ stuff, and i'll give more feedback after hearing it properly ^^

Okay. I need feedback on a possible collaborative submission between myself and APC.

Song is here

Direct comments, criticsm, and suggestions here

There is some horrible clipping going on there... Your EQ work isn't so great - are you maybe using a sub or something to mix this? maybe cheap headphones? There's wayyy too much volume on the kick drum, and it's killing the mix. The other volumes and frequencies are a little dodgy too...

Other than that, though, It's a pretty cool mix..

Fix the EQ stuff, and i'll give more feedback after hearing it properly ^^

Fixed the EQ. I think. http://upthorn.mspencer.net/temp/fordownloading/SkySanctuaryWIPEQfix.mp3

Attention Everyone!

I am feeling super super super sick right now. It's fucked up, everything is swirling around me, and I feel damn lightheaded. I'm going to try to sleep this off, so I wont be able to update that much today. Sorry about this.

Let us know if there's any way we can help while you're sick.