Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

Drown Warning:

I wouldn't be overly upset it this were used in the Hydrocity remix. Just a little, though.

Hmm, that could possibly work for the ending of the song. I'll have to talk to Gman and see what he thinks.

Get rid of that background loop that keeps going up and down the scale. Its out of place in lots of areas.

Attention Everyone!

I am feeling super super super sick right now. It's fucked up, everything is swirling around me, and I feel damn lightheaded. I'm going to try to sleep this off, so I wont be able to update that much today. Sorry about this.

Damn, hope you get better soon :(

Well, Ichi, i'm impressed :D

I like what i'm hearing so far... my only complaint is that one of the drum sounds you've got sounds like mike speakers popping or crackling. It's that kind of higher-pitch 'pop' kinda sound that plays in the drums from 00:56 onwards. Remove that, and I'm happy ^^

As for ideas? Kick in some massive drums right where this ends, add a more defined lead (with more high frequencies so it stands out more) and some louder background pads/strings. You can have it play the same thing that it plays towards the end of what you've got so far - just make it sound fuller and louder - before transitioning into a different section. Perhaps it goes quieter again, but still retains the hi-fi sound with more frequency range than what you've currently got there.

Yeah... what you've got sounds a little lo-fi and muddy because there's a lack of high-frequencies (something I know, because I used to do it all the time until sadorf taught me some nifty EQ tricks). But that's okay. The lo-fi sounds suits the mood and atmosphere that you've got so far. Just make sure that once it transisitions into a fuller sound, you boost up the higher frequencies on some of the instruments to balance out the lower ones.

One cool trick is to split your drum track into three channels - boost up the low frequencies on the kicks, the mid frequencies on the snares, and the high frequencies on the hats. It really does make it sound that much fuller ^^

I'll give you an example incase you're wondering what the hell i'm on about ;)

This is me before I EQ'd my stuff right:

http://66.221.70.133/hadyn/sadorfish.mp3

And this is me after Sadorf showed me tha light:

http://66.221.70.133/hadyn/sadorfishweeee.mp3

EDIT: fixed links

So yeah. You can see a pretty drastic improvement, and the only real major change was some equalising ^^

I hope some of that helps - if you need me to help out in any other way, just ask. I've got access to both FL and Reason (being at an audio college is teh roxor :D ), so if you want help with anything, just ask ^^

I really do love what you've got so far, and I'm dying to hear more! Hurry up! :P

Oh, and sithlord - good to see you're making a fast recovery :)

~Hadyn

WIP is just for a rough ground of what you're doing with the song, where it's going, what it sounds like etc. Just so we know you aren't gonna fuck it up. I won't be posting a WIP, I'd rather just finish my song. I won't encourage the same if you aren't sure about your mix.

Analoq and I are switching mixes, he will be doing Marble Garden now and I will be doing *sigh* Ice Cap. Which, actually, I'm excited about, I'd like to see if I can do anything with it other people really haven't.

Alright, haven't listened to wip's yet but I will be on hand to help with your mix's.

I like what i'm hearing so far... my only complaint is that one of the drum sounds you've got sounds like mike speakers popping or crackling. It's that kind of higher-pitch 'pop' kinda sound that plays in the drums from 00:56 onwards. Remove that, and I'm happy ^^

As for ideas? Kick in some massive drums right where this ends, add a more defined lead (with more high frequencies so it stands out more) and some louder background pads/strings. You can have it play the same thing that it plays towards the end of what you've got so far - just make it sound fuller and louder - before transitioning into a different section. Perhaps it goes quieter again, but still retains the hi-fi sound with more frequency range than what you've currently got there.

Yeah... what you've got sounds a little lo-fi and muddy because there's a lack of high-frequencies (something I know, because I used to do it all the time until sadorf taught me some nifty EQ tricks). But that's okay. The lo-fi sounds suits the mood and atmosphere that you've got so far. Just make sure that once it transisitions into a fuller sound, you boost up the higher frequencies on some of the instruments to balance out the lower ones.

One cool trick is to split your drum track into three channels - boost up the low frequencies on the kicks, the mid frequencies on the snares, and the high frequencies on the hats. It really does make it sound that much fuller ^^

http://hadyn.no-ip.org/sadorfish.mp3

http://hadyn.no-ip.org/sadorfishweeee.mp3

So yeah. You can see a pretty drastic improvement, and the only real major change was some equalising ^^

I hope some of that helps - if you need me to help out in any other way, just ask. I've got access to both FL and Reason (being at an audio college is teh roxor :D ), so if you want help with anything, just ask ^^

I really do love what you've got so far, and I'm dying to hear more! Hurry up! :P

~Hadyn

Did you listen to my remix with the fixed EQ? I could really use your comments on that.

~Hadyn

:D

http://66.221.70.133/sadorf/Music/Dunno_Demo3.mp3

or, how about you just leave it on one channel, and turn the volume up... wakka wakka wa :tomatoface:

...or not

no really, good tip

~Hadyn

:D

http://66.221.70.133/sadorf/Music/Dunno_Demo3.mp3

wow i likes

Okay. I need feedback on a possible collaborative submission between myself and APC.

Song is here

Direct comments, criticsm, and suggestions here

There is some horrible clipping going on there... Your EQ work isn't so great - are you maybe using a sub or something to mix this? maybe cheap headphones? There's wayyy too much volume on the kick drum, and it's killing the mix. The other volumes and frequencies are a little dodgy too...

Other than that, though, It's a pretty cool mix..

Fix the EQ stuff, and i'll give more feedback after hearing it properly ^^

Fixed the EQ. I think. http://upthorn.mspencer.net/temp/fordownloading/SkySanctuaryWIPEQfix.mp3

I love it! It's damn near perfect.

Upthorn, your mix is great... though one thing strikes me as a bit odd. Your mix sounds a whole lot like a reworked "Dark Corners" by J.Cuts off of a FL demo song. So... hmm, I don't know, I'd start over or at least make some maojr tweaks to set it apart from said demo song.

Thanks. I'll change it.

PS: You accidentally posted twice.

What does WIP mean....? 8O

Work in Progress.

WIP is just for a rough ground of what you're doing with the song, where it's going, what it sounds like etc. Just so we know you aren't gonna fuck it up.

Thank you both for helping me. You still gotta teach me Internet English a lot more...

Anyway, it's more or less what I had thought. I hope I upload a WIP by next week (although I still think it's a little weak)

I hope this turns out better than the Sonic 2 project because frankly... Only like... one or two songs on that project were... good.

Well, the S3&K project has better source material. And (I think) a larger portion of experienced remixers.

I hope this turns out better than the Sonic 2 project because frankly... Only like... one or two songs on that project were... good.

Well, the S3&K project has better source material.

Once could argue that, as I think Sonic 2's music was better.

Of course, Sonic 2's my favorite, so I'm a little biased :P

I've only seen there's finally a S3&K remix project on OCR today :lol: I'm very eager to see what will become of it, and let's hope it'll move to the Site Project board (and stay there). I'll lurk more to see what becomes of this project, good luck guys!... like you need any, mwhaha! <3!!!