Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

http://www.vgmix.com/download?3713

Here is a short sample WIP of how my song is going to sound. It's like a taste test lol.

http://www.vgmix.com/download?3713

I like the weird bass, and I love the drums! The Lead throws me off a little bit... both in what it's playing and it's overall sound. Strings are cool, but seem a little muddy. Maybe too much reverb on them compared to the rest of the song? You could up their mid and high frequencies aswell to get a crisper sound ^^

Other than that... hmmm... The progression seems a little slow... And the way it's built up at the start, it's like I expect the strings to come in at 26:00 - and so it feels a little empty from then until they come in.

Cool ideas though, and I can't wait to hear a little more :D

I hope this turns out better than the Sonic 2 project because frankly... Only like... one or two songs on that project were... good.

Well, the S3&K project has better source material. And (I think) a larger portion of experienced remixers.

Check the (YAY)'s :wink:.

Heh, I don't think the (YAY)'s were such a great idea... It might make the other mixers feel a little less yay :P

Upthorn, your mix is great... though one thing strikes me as a bit odd. Your mix sounds a whole lot like a reworked "Dark Corners" by J.Cuts off of a FL demo song. So... hmm, I don't know, I'd start over or at least make some maojr tweaks to set it apart from said demo song.

Thanks. I'll change it.

PS: You accidentally posted twice.

I have a new version that should sound better, let me know if it still has problems. http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1476060

I've been trying to get out a work in progress, but I just plain suck at drum beats. Its not like I don't have any ideas, its just that it is impossible for me to convey them in FL. Also, I lack any space to show any work I have. So, a little help? (BTW: Joker, I forgot to mention you have real skills with the drums)

i suppose oyu have a point there. it wont bother me though, since i generally dont download WIPs.

anyway if he doesnt want that, i guess he could sign up for multiple free accounts and host the tracks, that way its spread across a number of places for alleviation of bandwidth concerns.

I hope this turns out better than the Sonic 2 project because frankly... Only like... one or two songs on that project were... good.

Well, the S3&K project has better source material.

Once could argue that, as I think Sonic 2's music was better.

Of course, Sonic 2's my favorite, so I'm a little biased :P

If you like the sonic 2 music as much as you say you do, you would love the whole thing. Just because you were expecting it to all be trance/piano/rock, etc., and got your hopes up, doesnt mean the other genre'd songs are bad.

Trance/techno/so on and so forth makes up my favorite overall genre of music, and i prefer those over just about anything else, but i like the whole damned compilation because its music from the game i have the fondest memories of and still like to play, and i know where all of it is from. I expect to enjoy this project just as much, and you should take the time to listen to the rest of the sonic 2 project. LEARN TO LIKE IT.

Awesome stuff Rayza!

I have a few suggestions though...

First of all, keep the water/bird soundeffects going until the full drums come in (maybe have them fade out slowly as the drums take over). As it is, it seemed they faded out too early and left a gap of emptyness.

I like the synths, but they all seem kind of... Blunt. I'm not sure how to describe it, they just lack any real impact... Or something. Maybe add a tiny bit of distortion or somethng? I don't know... I could be completely wrong. I love what they play and everything, just the sound of them seems a little weak.

Ohwell, can't wait to hear more - keep it up! :D

Rayza, your azure lake is awesome! its got that same cool beat and happy feeling to it as the previous version did, and I like the begining. It reminds me of jivemaster's symphonic ruin (one of my absolute fav remixes) I think it would be cool if you made the rain a little bit louder, and there sounds like there is a ruffiling noise, is that supposed to be wind? its not really clear. but I like where your going with the song! keep it up :)

I think it would be cool if you made the rain a little bit louder, and there sounds like there is a ruffiling noise, is that supposed to be wind? its not really clear.

Well its a recording of rain on a lake with birds chirping and such.. I can probably bring up the level on the rain a little bit. Glad people are liking it so far..

I think sith said he didn't want us posting WIP's after a certain time so I don't know how many more versions I'll be setting free on here. Probably at least one more after this one..

I think it would be cool if you made the rain a little bit louder, and there sounds like there is a ruffiling noise, is that supposed to be wind? its not really clear.

Well its a recording of rain on a lake with birds chirping and such.. I can probably bring up the level on the rain a little bit. Glad people are liking it so far..

I think sith said he didn't want us posting WIP's after a certain time so I don't know how many more versions I'll be setting free on here. Probably at least one more after this one..

Great work so far. Again, my only complaint is that the lead instrument sounds jagged and screechy. In the fingernails on chalk-board sense.

Again, my only complaint is that the lead instrument sounds jagged and screechy. In the fingernails on chalk-board sense.

It's been toned way down since the first WIP I posted. Maybe you have too much treble on your speaker settings..

I did notice that it had been toned down. But there's something about it that still makes me kind of want to cover my ears. May I humbly suggest changing the instrument to something just a little less jagged?

I did notice that it had been toned down. But there's something about it that still makes me kind of want to cover my ears. May I humbly suggest changing the instrument to something just a little less jagged?

Only if I hear more similar comments from people. I've sent it out to many people I know and no one's made that particular comment. Personally I think its fine. I'm not really keen on changing a lead instrument because 1 person doesnt like it. :?