Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

I cannot wait to hear the WIP of the Sonic 3 Credits! XD

anyway, after the deadline, will you guys create a site and post songs there and update it allot with new stuff? Or will you just wait untill the project is perfected to post it on the web? just curious.

I cannot wait to hear the WIP of the Sonic 3 Credits! XD

anyway, after the deadline, will you guys create a site and post songs there and update it allot with new stuff? Or will you just wait untill the project is perfected to post it on the web? just curious.

That deadline is only for the first work in progress. There will be more deadlines after the April 9th one.

Heh, I don't think the (YAY)'s were such a great idea... It might make the other mixers feel a little less yay :P

Yay to me and Joker! (Since we were like the only two that didn't have "YAY" next to our names.) :) Nice job on your WIP, Rayza. I think the lead synth sounds fine to me. A lot more "gentle" than how it was in your first WIP. Keep it up!

This project needs Sonic 3 Miniboss and the Glowing Spheres bonus stage. :cry:

Anyway, most of the WIPs so far freakin' own, and I'm ecstatic to see this have such a great start. Here's hoping that it doesn't take a year and a half.

I agree with you on the Sonic 3 miniboss.

Glowing Spheres, though, is kind of iffy. The music is good, but there are a whole bunch of tracks to do already, and where, exactly, would it go?

I've been lurking in this thread for a while now, so excuse me for my sudden intrusion...

But couldn't the different stage bonus songs be mixed together? Instead of adding only one, having all of them in a song could be nice. Of course that's if 1st : someone's up to remix them and 2nd : if it can be added to the project. Or something like that...

I've been lurking in this thread for a while now, so excuse me for my sudden intrusion...

But couldn't the different stage bonus songs be mixed together? Instead of adding only one, having all of them in a song could be nice. Of course that's if 1st : someone's up to remix them and 2nd : if it can be added to the project. Or something like that...

The three songs have radically different styles. Two of them are the kind of songs you wouldn't want to listen to outside of the context of playing the game. Glowing Spheres is the exception.

I've made comments about the left off tracks, and I'm not going to restate them again.

for heaven's sake, people... this we-need-a-project-to-remix-this-track mentality is really annoying me. if there are some tracks you want hear arranged, then step up to the plate and take a crack at it! all you need is some interest (which im assuming you have seeing as though you are here) some software (there is plenty of free stuff on the net) and a little bit of help (found right here at ocr). i guess there are any number of reasons why some one would start a project, but the primary reason is to encourage everyone (and not just those who happened to be in right place at the right time and "claimed" their track) to remix a soundtrack that isn't getting much attention. actually being on a project, particularly one of this caliber, makes little difference... other than getting your track posted on a web site that is only going to be seen by ocr goers anyway

if there are some tracks you want hear arranged, then step up to the plate and take a crack at it!

Well it's one thing to say it, but something entirely different to do it. I'm hoping that this project will have a certain caliber of quality to it. Not just anyone will be able to grab some software and make a tune that can stand among the others as a collection.

Sure, I encourage anyone to make a mix of something that hasn't yet been decided upon. However, if you're new to writing music, keep in mind it will probably be a long shot to be included.

Sure, I encourage anyone to make a mix of something that hasn't yet been decided upon. However, if you're new to writing music, keep in mind it will probably be a long shot to be included.

not suggesting that anyone's mix would be added to the project... i just want more people to try this stuff out for themselves.

btw, rayza. im getting a 404 on your remix of vega's theme

if there are some tracks you want hear arranged, then step up to the plate and take a crack at it!

Well it's one thing to say it, but something entirely different to do it. I'm hoping that this project will have a certain caliber of quality to it. Not just anyone will be able to grab some software and make a tune that can stand among the others as a collection.

I didn't think a suggestion would create such a commotion. I do have an idea of how much work it can take to remix a song, and i know working with audio isn't my thing, even post-synchro. I doubt it can stop us from asking around though (there wouldn't be a Requests section on the board if so), out of curiosity.

I also agree on the quality part, which is why beginners, or even non-remixers should only be spectators, and not try to accomplish a job we're not good enough at. But a more experienced remixer could do it for us :D

Sorry sithlord-aku, if you got pissed at this. Can i do another suggestion though? When you said you previously talked about the matter... err... where is it exactly? Could you put it on the front page with the other info (big letters maybe)? It might keep people from asking over and over ^_^;;

IF YOU WANT A TRACK ON THE SOUNDTRACK THAT ISN'T LISTED IN THE OFFICIAL PROJECT TRACKLIST, MAKE A WIP. IF IT IS GOOD ENOUGH, I'LL LET IT ON, BUT I'M BEING EXTRA STRICT.

I think the problem was that there was already like 25 tracks or something and it was getting a little lengthy. The meat and potatoes of the soundtrack are there, just a few tracks that people are nit-picking about. We'll see what happens I guess..

370+ replies and I JUST NOW heard of this project? I must be getting old...

I just hope you people do a better job than that Hedgehog Heaven piece of trash.

Can you say "pwnt"?

What? Aren't you sort of riding on the buzz created by HH, or am I not understanding your reply?

I don't know how much longer I'll be able to stay away from the wip's. But, bah, I don't have the musical knowledge to help critique them, so no use sort of spoiling it for myself.

What? Aren't you sort of riding on the buzz created by HH, or am I not understanding your reply?

No, Snappleman didn't like HH overall. I don't think calling it a piece of trash would be the right way to put it either.

Oh and 400 posts now, 1/5 of the way to getting this moved to the Site Projects forum!