Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

So just a quick question - in terms of what is due on April 9th, is it a fully completed but not polished song or just at least something showing that we're making progress, and if so how long should it be minimum (:30, 1:00, etc.)?

So just a quick question - in terms of what is due on April 9th, is it a fully completed but not polished song or just at least something showing that we're making progress, and if so how long should it be minimum (:30, 1:00, etc.)?

My take:

Something that shows progress, but not completed... My opinion is that it should atleast be a minute long to fully prove that you're really going somewhere with it.

I wouldn't consider it offering so much as begging.

I'm sorry, but I don't think I can help. There's just such a big style gap between what i would do and what you have.

I'll give you one tip for future remixing though - find a real life song that you like, then try to mimic that real song's style and sound when you're remixing. Having something there to steal ideas from is very helpful, and it helps you to achieve a kind of realisitc sound, as if your song is a real song - which is basically what remixing is about ^^

Good luck with your mix... I still haven't started mine yet, but i'll get to it soon-ish.

~Hadyn

PS. Sith - is that okay? If I take a break from one remix to work on another?

Just checking in to let you guys know I am STILL working on a sky sanctuary arrangement, although that other guy is going to beat me probably. I'll hopefully have the .mus file ready by next week.

Keep your head up Azar! Just keep working hard! Sky Sanctuary is a sweet song anyways. I'm excited to hear what you come up with.

Just checking in to let you guys know I am STILL working on a sky sanctuary arrangement, although that other guy is going to beat me probably. I'll hopefully have the .mus file ready by next week.

Keep your head up Azar! Just keep working hard! Sky Sanctuary is a sweet song anyways. I'm excited to hear what you come up with.

Thanks a lot for the encouagement dude, I appreciate that. :D I really just hope this hard rocking version fits the song well, and I really hope the .mus file is good enough for sith to convert. All in all though, I will have an arrangement ready next week. I just hope it's good. :oops:

Thanks a lot for the encouagement dude, I appreciate that. :D I really just hope this hard rocking version fits the song well, and I really hope the .mus file is good enough for sith to convert. All in all though, I will have an arrangement ready next week. I just hope it's good. :oops:

mus... cough

mus... cough

Dont worry, I''l have someone else convert it to a midi for me, I have the trail version of finale and it wont let me save it as a midi.

APC, do you have to have a certian level on the boards to enter the topics you've made? the past 2, I havent been able to acsess because i get a message saying "The topic or post you requested does not exist"

The links APC posted are to the wrong place, you have to be the person who uploaded the song in order to access those pages. The correct link are http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=3696

APC, do you have to have a certian level on the boards to enter the topics you've made? the past 2, I havent been able to acsess because i get a message saying "The topic or post you requested does not exist"

The links APC posted are to the wrong place, you have to be the person who uploaded the song in order to access those pages. The correct link are http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=3696

yeah sorry about that. I was in a hurry.