Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

I'm sorry I haven't been a part of this project as much as I would have liked to. I'm working on alot of things and have to get my personal business out of the way. I can't promise an April 9th wip, I can only promise a finished song between near April 9th or some time after that. You won't be disapointed at all I guarantee.

Hey, id like to contribute a song or two. I randomly started a sky sanctuary arrangment that i could use here, and im also doing Chrome gadget (but i think ill submit that one to the judges instead, but im not sure). April 9th is a while away so i'll definitley have time to finish things.

interested in hearing it/them :D

Excellent work man, if it's this good now, the final will be even more amazing.

ha. that's the problem. I don't think that there's too much I'll add unless and besides the stuff that people find wrong with it. (i.e. no more synth maybe. not too many added or taken out stuff and not too much more scores.) seems to be my week point...I just sit here and say "what now."

so basically nothing dramatic. But I still don't think that I'll win. There's a lot of other ideas that are greater than this.

I'm anxious to hear other mixes of it

I'm anxious to hear other mixes of it

Im getting to it... :P

And, i think your mix could use a little more body APC. Right now its okay but i feel that somethings missing. Theres a definite melody and bassline but the song could benefit from more harmony IMO.

BTW, Would you guys like me to post a 20 second snippet, or wait for a finished WIP?

sounds very dramatic. I think it rushes into the climax of the song too often (which you probably will change anyway) I like the feel of it. It reminds me of the opening song from SSBMelee and some Pokemon battle song I heard. It has a really nice feel to it. Very orchastrated. Very nice. I likeee very much *puts on repeat*

Here it is. Ive included a bit of each section so you can get the feeling. This is very preliminary, and the arrangement will be improved.

http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=38HYS0KDL4JWM1MM74K6EV74S8 cheapass hosting :P

Enjoy!

I'm quite impressed! Although It sounds like there's a bit too much reverb on it, and the EQ's a little muddy (need more high frequencies!). The trumpet also feels a little... "empty" when it plays the main theme, but everything else is just amazing! I LOVE IT. MAKE MORE.

Infact, I love it so much that I don't think i'll bother taking on the sky sanctuary theme any more. I want your remix to be on the project.

I might have to try another song instead, or maybe just stick to doing one remix...

It's just become a bit of a pain, working on my final boss mix... I have close to 50 patterns, atleast 8 .wavs, over 20 effects channels, several instances of Sytrus, and for the new section I have three instances of edirol orchestral.

What all of that adds up to is a VERY slow computer... and thus remixing becomes a little difficult. I might have to remove the orchestral section just so FL can run at a decent speed ^^;

~Hadyn

What all of that adds up to is a VERY slow computer... and thus remixing becomes a little difficult. I might have to remove the orchestral section just so FL can run at a decent speed

I hear ya.. Reason 3.0 is running pretty sluggish for me.. Instead of taking out parts though, I'll get a new computer. :) Its been almost 2 years since I've had this one anyway.

Here it is. Ive included a bit of each section so you can get the feeling. This is very preliminary, and the arrangement will be improved.

http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=38HYS0KDL4JWM1MM74K6EV74S8 cheapass hosting :P

Enjoy!

You've got a good idea there to play with, but it feels a little nervewracking as compared to the original level. Kind of like the stuff that plays in action movies when everything is going to hell.

I always felt that this level was the opposite. Knuckles just realized that he'd been tricked by Robotnik, and joined forces. And Robotnik hasn't destroyed this place yet. Except for Metal Sonic, none of the badniks are even there before you arrive.

Long story short: the music always gave me a feeling of my goal finally being in sight.

Incase anyone's interested, this was the latest version I got done before getting pissed off at how slow FL was running - http://66.221.70.133/hadyn/heads%20up%20for%20tails%203.mp3

Note that the new section is very... crap. Basically. The drums had barely been worked on, as with the piano. There's a lot of work to do there, really, but you can kind of get the idea as to what ideas i have in mind.