Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

Hadyn, you did a great job in finding a new section. I just love that part at 2:07. The bass at 2:14 gives me a Jaws-like feeling, as if something'd be waiting to chomp my head off :0! Don't worry, that's good... the song of course :roll: I still think the same of the violin than before though.

I lose. You will DEFINATLEY beat me.

Trial Finale sucks. The only thing it's good for is printing sheet music. Isnt there like a 30 dollar Finale Notepad that adds all the midi support and stuff?

Yes, but if I'm going to spend my cash on anything I want it to have everything. Midi keyboard support, sound fonts, something for real compositions. I'm saving up for Fruity Loops although I wont have it by April 9th. I can still do a midi wip though by hand, even though it's really hard putting in each individual note without the keyboard.

*pops outta nowhere*

ha. I doubt it.

Dont doubt it, remember, all I have is a midi. You've got more going for you than you think.

I can convert the trial finale files for you.

Thank you very much. I'll PM hopefully by the end of the week with my WIP.

BTW, sith, do you want my midi to be finished, or will you take an incomplete one as a midi, about how long do you want my WIP to be?

Dude, Azar, keep the head up. Even if Kajinka's makes it to the project, at least you made a new song right? :lol:

lol i agree. Keep trying. Don't lose your motivation just because you think you've been beaten. Plenty of times i used to suck but i still tried stuff like this

and...jeez. i never meant to make everyone give up :P

I am officially attempting to remix Sky Sanctuary.

I have a question for sithlord-aku, before I submit a work in progress, though: you said that if more than one person wants to do a track, there will be a vote for which version is the best. Will the vote be based on the WIPs, or on the completed versions?

I'm assuming it will be based on the completed versions, but paranoia prevents me from officially submitting a WIP until I'm certain.

I am officially attempting to remix Sky Sanctuary.

I have a question for sithlord-aku, before I submit a work in progress, though: you said that if more than one person wants to do a track, there will be a vote for which version is the best. Will the vote be based on the WIPs, or on the completed versions?

I'm assuming it will be based on the completed versions, but paranoia prevents me from officially submitting a WIP until I'm certain.

WIll be the completed versions

meh..

after some thought for a bout 5 mins..i decided i will publicly let everyone know..that i...am....mixing... OMFG ICE CAP!...

but yeah, after hidden palace got me nowhere, and after trying a few others, i went with this so i can see if i can bring something with a little change to the shit load of ice cap mixes..

http://66.221.70.133/sadorf/Sonic3/IceCapTest3.mp3

i dount i will release any further wips, cause well..im just not that nice. this will give you all a chance to vaguely hear an idea or 2 that i have. it isnt very clean, it may even hurt your ears, but it was started less than 24 hours ago.

so enjoy (or not) the little demo.

bye bye!

:)

Good WIPs so far, everyone. Yes, I'm aware I haven't made any comments yet, but I'm going to save that for April 9th or 10th.

As for my mix...

I've still got plenty of ideas, but I haven't gotten around to throwing anything down in FL yet. Instead, I'm reading Sytrus' manual (this thing is un-frickin'-believable), because I'm planning on buying it. Now why am I saying this? Simple: I want to find some way to incorporate Sytrus into my mix, and I want to buy it first. I have one day to make up my mind on whether or not I want to buy it, and after that, its price goes flying out of my range. Again.

In other words, I'm just making sure that it doesn't appear that I'm going to pull off a spectacular "OMG U BURNED OUT" trick, thus reassuring aku that I'm not going to be the first to drop off the project. I will have something done by April 9th.

Now will it be as poorly-accepted by the remixing community as Cavern Escape? At this point, I can't say. ;)

i'm glad most of you liked the demo i posted, but how about something that is a little bit more rough?

http://66.221.70.133/sadorf/Sonic3/IceCapTest4.mp3

couple reasons for the new demo, the lead needed a TINY bit more power to it to stand out a bit more. Also trying to put a few things together for some new sections of the songs. And i changed the current melodies a little while i was at it to make it sound less repetitive.

That is all for now.

bye

wow...Sadorf, your remix is soo good it messed up Winamp... "Winamp has incountered a problem and needs to close" ...

I doubt it was the mp3 that made it crash...

but if it was, blame the vbr. and to fix it

http://66.221.70.133/sadorf/Sonic3/IceCapTest5.mp3

did a few volume changes and switched some of the melodies around a bit to make it flow better, raised piano shit later in the song up an octave so it can be heard better. i encoded it at at 160kbps instead of a vbr... enjoy

bye

EDIT: OMG 500 POSTS!...

Alright, I've uploaded a newer version of my doomsday WIP, as well as a Hidden Palace WIP. Both have a slight quirk at the beginning, I'm trying to figure out exactly whats causing them, but they are there for now. Anyway head over to the topic here:

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1499898#1499898

And gimme some feedback!

Both have a slight quirk at the beginning, I'm trying to figure out exactly whats causing them, but they are there for now.

I dont know exactly what you are using to mix these. But my guess is that the reverb from the previous time it was played just carried over when it came to render the files. To fix it, you can do 2 things:

First would be to close the prog you are using, then reopen it and open the project file and just export the wav with out hitting play at all in it. This way there will be no sounds from previous play since..it wasnt played at all.

Second solution, while leaving the prob open, push play in it and let it go a a second or 2 then hit stop, this way you wont have all the noise from the end of the tracks coming in the beginning.

One of those SHOULD fix the little prob, give them a try. If it is FL you are using, i can gaurentee one of those will work, if its something else like reason, i can only guess that they will work. Give them a try and se what happens.

bye

I'm here just to say I didn't drop the project. But I'm waiting for my broadband internet and, till there, no connection at home. So, I'll be lucky if I upload my WIP till April 9th. Hope you don't kick me if I can't... It's already done, though I still think it needs more original material, since I've been lacking creativity since... when I was born :wink: . All I can say about it is: it's an almost 6 minutes long live piano solo remix. BTW, I don't know why, the quality of the recording is really low :oops:. Can anyone help me?

And sorry, I'm not hearing the WIPs. It'll ruin the surprise...