Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

The render thingy is probably set to "Wrap remainder". This is useful for looping and stuff. Set it to "Leave Remainder", or cut if you want.

Yeh that sounds right.. Wrap is good for making seamless loops but you wouldnt want it on your full song.. You'll hear the reverb tail right at the start. Which is, I think, your problem..

You know what, I accidently had it on wrap. I don;t remember putting it there, but it was. So thanks you guys.

Oh & a quick question. If any of you have listened to my mixes, could you help me out. The help being, can you tell what songs they are? Are they too liberal? Basically, do they sound different enough, while still sounding similiar to the source material? Any help would be appreciated.

Pretty interesting WIPs guys :D I'm impressed already.

The ending of your song is a tad weird Kanjika, might be the sudden, ethnic feel from the percussions 10sec before the end. Other than that, i'm still wow-ed like last time.

RoeTaKa, that new view of Ice Cap surprized me. I've listened the song on my speakers, and the drums are on the verge to mute everything else (when i walk away from the comp a bit, all i hear is the drum beat and the synth that plays a part of the melody sometimes).

Sadorf, each time i hear a remix from you, it gets better and better. It's the usual techno-ish remix of Ice Cap, but it's different from any of the other mixes made on the song. Gotta finish it *nod*

I got one question for sithlord, did you get any news from MusicallyInspired? Or he won't give the project a try? I'm thinking he hasn't come online yet, but i wanna know. Imho it's sad if he doesn't, his remix is pretty kickass 8)

Ok I only meant to start a wip, but I basically finished my song.

S3&K - Survive the Cold = http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/roetaka/index.html

So here's my Ice Cap done in a very Hybrid style. Very different to other Ice Cap mixes. Enjoy.

I'm guessing you're gonna run out of bandwith in about 2 seconds so I hosted it here as well.

http://www.rayza.net/misc/S3_K_-_Survive_the_Cold.mp3

I also noticed a few problems.

Around 1:35, that transition is pretty sloppy. Sounds like the timing ain't right. Maybe try to smooth that up a bit.

2:08, lots of clipping on that big hit there. All distorted and ugly. Try fitting the volume levels in a little better there.. Near the end of the song when more instruments come in, there is more unwanted distortion. Most likely due to the main level of the tune being too loud, turn your main level down or some individual parts down. Overall its too much volume.

Otherwise its nice and original. Good stuff so far..

The ending of your song is a tad weird Kanjika, might be the sudden, ethnic feel from the percussions 10sec before the end. Other than that, i'm still wow-ed like last time.

i was messing around and i made that pattern and put it on the end...its all orchestral percussion though, and i never meant to get an ethnic feel, just groove 8)

Btw, ill have a newer WIP up soon guys. This ones more interesting.

I've already told Kanjika how much I love his piece so far, but I just wanted to add something... You know that pattern on the end? I think it rocks :D

Maybe you could have a break section in the middle of the song with that percussion and all?

~Hadyn

Sounds good. Maybe i can incorperate it somehow, but we'll see...

Although Kanjika already has me beat, I'm still pushing to get my wip finished, even if it's only 30 seconds. :(

Im glad that youre keeping at it! No sense in giving up if a cool song results.

I've already told Kanjika how much I love his piece so far, but I just wanted to add something... You know that pattern on the end? I think it rocks :D

Maybe you could have a break section in the middle of the song with that percussion and all?

~Hadyn

yeah it was really nice. it just wasn't right for the song. But the more I think about it, the more he could put it in there. :wink:

Very good work. Surprisingly well arranged and relatively low amount of time to complete. Even now, it really does the original justice. I only have one recommendation - to switch things up a little, it may be a good idea to use a different lead instrument at some point, possibly for the "interlude" near the end. I'll be interested to see how this turns out.

I know it's very orchastrated to have such a long intro... but it just got annoying after a while. It went from comming it really slow to downright fast.

other than that it's great as usual. :D

edit: further listening showed that around 2:27 when it goes back to the original melody, it's sort of an odd transition back to what we heard already. Hope you can understand my bad explaining... :wink:

I know it's very orchastrated to have such a long intro... but it just got annoying after a while. It went from comming it really slow to downright fast.

other than that it's great as usual. :D

edit: further listening showed that around 2:27 when it goes back to the original melody, it's sort of an odd transition back to what we heard already. Hope you can understand my bad explaining... :wink:

Im fixing a few of these things, like the odd transition :?

Also, I hope the applause isn't on the final version.
:lol: it wont be

Kanjika - I love the latest version!

The section at 2:04 is really cool, and I love the burst of energy at 2:15... it's really a beautiful thing ^^

The repetitive issue is completely gone now, so yeah. Very good work :)

There's one other thing I meant to say earlier that i'll say now though. This is just a stupid little thing, and i'm probably the only one who thinks it, but yeah... the end sounds like it needs an extra "Da-Da!".

Cause right now the final bar is just "Da-Da!" and then silence... It feels like there should be a second double-stab on the second and a half beat. Hell, you could have a third stabby thing on the 4th beat, it'd be like a triplet thingo.

Yeah, i'm not good with musical terminology :P

Ohwell, keep up the awesome work!