Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

www.ic-musicmedia.com/USF

End of Days: Doomsday Zone Remix, 1/4 completed. I apologize for the cut-off from hell, along with the interlude of bore (I'm still trying to think of a good techno lead to go with the drum solo). Thanks ahead for your help.

The strings are indeed fakish, HOWEVER... I know this will sound completely nuts, but have thought about putting some distorcion on them? Yeah, I know it seems ridiculous, but give ir a try... Because it reminds me some of the Rasputina's works, and that sweet! If it's not a big deal for you, try it out, just on the intro, see what comes out of it...

Overall, a promissing and tasty arrengment! :D

Menu Motility

This is my first version. I chose several of the main themes out of it along with the intro. What do you all think? All comments are appreciated. By the way, so you know, I'm adding a keyboard solo right after the second theme you hear introduced at the end. The WIP featuring this will be up maybe in a few days.

This is my first version. I chose several of the main themes out of it along with the intro. What do you all think? All comments are appreciated. By the way, so you know, I'm adding a keyboard solo right after the second theme you hear introduced at the end. The WIP featuring this will be up maybe in a few days.

i like it a lot...sounds way closer to tha original than mine. here's that...

http://nespah.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/flippintwankieswip.mp3

i've already got vocals recorded fo it but i wanna keep em on the dl fo now. holla back.

Menu Motility

http://nespah.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/flippintwankieswip.mp3

i've already got vocals recorded fo it but i wanna keep em on the dl fo now. holla back.

I kind of like antipode's better. If only because it's creative, but still easily recognizable.

But perhaps also because I'm kind of against the idea of these songs having lyrics. (I have difficulty evenconcieving of the possibility that lyrics to any of these songs can be both relevant and good.)

Thanks Upthorn - I was curious about something though. What do you think of instruments I'm using and the level on the drums? The second theme at the end needs some work, I know, but I was curious if there's much of anything anyone wants majorly changed about the first part.

Personally, I liked your instruments alot. My only real issue is with the first 30 seconds, which sound vaguely like a gimmicky THX thing.

I think the drums are good where they are, it gives it a kind of ambient feel, which I think is really cool.

Alright, I'm probably not going to have time to work on this anymore before the deadline, so here goes:

"Sacrosanct Skyway(working title)"

Some of the synths are still placeholders, and the drums are probably going to end up sounding completely different, but this is what it sounds like right now.

For the most part I like this, however there is an issue of key. The piano in the background needs to chance key with the melody. The first real major instance of this problem is at 0:56. It just sounds like two different keys clashing together, and thats not good. The way this song is structured is in a way that the song changes to 4 different keys in a metter of 8 measures. So when the melody changes key, the piano needs to as well, to keep things together.

Kajinka's Sky Sanctuary is GREAT.

Maybe the best ReMix I've heard here in a long while. A complete song that give you whatever you want from the SS tune. Approved.

Tech quality (samples, EQ, echo, ...): 29/30

Interpretation, style, ideas: 29½/30

One word evaluation: "awesome"

Menu Molity: Wow!!! Quite a different ReMix! This project is coming out full of surprises hahaha!!

I don`t really know why, but it reminds me of a DK song... It has a nice groove to it, and a good ambience too. Keep it up.

Sacrosanct Skyway: Some minor EQing problems, but and OK song! I am not very fond of the source material so I can`t say much! But it is very good nonetheless!

Flippin Twankies: DAMN! You`ve got the groove man! :D Loved the fat bass you used, and this is just so good to listen to! It`s relaxing and grooving!!! :wink:

My only complaint go to that freaking voice... sample... ayei... stuff that you put there. I would encourage you not to put it (my ReMix also had voices like this, not very cool hahaha)... But overall this is definitely very good!!!

Overall: Im impressed with the range of styles this project is reaching, I mean, we don`t have any dominating style that`s very good.

I need help! The FTP I would upload my file to has been having trouble. Can anyone do it for me? E-mail me at hetcenus@yahoo.com.br and I'll send the file. Thank you.

EDIT: Got it. Problem solved. Here's the file

http://hetcenus.sitesled.com/IvoryGadgetWIP.mp3

As you see, the name of the song is Ivory Gadget. Guess why... Actually I thought of giving it a name like Hard-Yellowish-White-Substance-Used-In-Piano-Keys Gadget, but it would be too long. It's a piano-solo version of Chrome Gadget.

Bad points: Low quality (I'm trying to do a better recording), I couldn't make the melody sound more different from the original and I'm still looking for other arrangements for the left hand. This lack of creativity is killing me...

Good points: I leave it to the listeners.

Thank you again!

IvoryGadget:Huum... I think emotionally you found your way pretty nicely, but I have a few complaints. First of all, you are right, the recording is really bad, also I think your playing is a little bit static on the beguining (im no pianist, so I can't say for sure, im just telling how I feel :wink: ), the arregement pleases me a lot, but there's repetition in the middle... Nice WIP so far, but there are things to be fixed, I think.

Inner Sanctuary: Gosh, Sky Sanctuary must be the most popular song in this project hahaha :D . My heart still belongs to the orquestral version Kanjika did, but I don't deny this is some very good stuff! I was missing some good old happy technos tracks, and this just hits the right button on the right time! Great! :D I think the lead synth could be a little clearer tough, in fact, the whole thing could be louder (and more bass pleaseee), overall a very nice arregment. It flows very nicely!

Sorry but my Credits Theme tune will be a little late. I hadn't planned on Reason 3 being such a power hog, but it is. Bought a new computer and I'm almost done configuring it. I talked to sith (formerly sith) about it and its all good. So don't count me out of that song, I should have something ready by the middle of next week. As for Azure Lake, I continue to work on it..