Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

Menu Molity: Wow!!! Quite a different ReMix! This project is coming out full of surprises hahaha!!

I don`t really know why, but it reminds me of a DK song... It has a nice groove to it, and a good ambience too. Keep it up.

Thanks, RTF. And good call, DKC is sort of an inspiration for this.

Sorry but my Credits Theme tune will be a little late. I hadn't planned on Reason 3 being such a power hog, but it is. Bought a new computer and I'm almost done configuring it. I talked to sith (formerly sith) about it and its all good. So don't count me out of that song, I should have something ready by the middle of next week. As for Azure Lake, I continue to work on it..

by all that is holy and sacred... how long must I wait to hear the WIP of the credits??? Oh well, guess the suspense will just build up untill I finally hear it... here's hoping its good, and dont rush it rayza! btw, Ill be glad to hear more of Azure Lake from you :D

Menu Molity: Wow!!! Quite a different ReMix! This project is coming out full of surprises hahaha!!

I don`t really know why, but it reminds me of a DK song... It has a nice groove to it, and a good ambience too. Keep it up.

Thanks, RTF. And good call, DKC is sort of an inspiration for this.

If I didn't know better, I would have thought it was a DKC mix until the lead picks up. Then again, I love DKC, so that's not a bad thing.

Sorry but my Credits Theme tune will be a little late. I hadn't planned on Reason 3 being such a power hog, but it is. Bought a new computer and I'm almost done configuring it. I talked to sith (formerly sith) about it and its all good. So don't count me out of that song, I should have something ready by the middle of next week. As for Azure Lake, I continue to work on it..

by all that is holy and sacred... how long must I wait to hear the WIP of the credits??? Oh well, guess the suspense will just build up untill I finally hear it... here's hoping its good, and dont rush it rayza! btw, Ill be glad to hear more of Azure Lake from you :D

Wait no longer! I just decided to work on the credits, and i have a very early WIP. it needs alot, and hopefully i can get more done before the deadline. Its also pretty short.

http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=3857

And the deadline is april 10th now? YES. That gives me time to work :D

I think I'll be the first to say that this is excellent. Very good work. I'm interested in seeing what the other credits WIP turns up with, as possibly a different style could also work well with this. My only major suggestion here is maybe speed it up a bit. Very good considering the amount of time since your last release.

Hey, yoshi_84 deserves some feedback here. I just love the way you and Gman are taking this. There isn't a better style to fit this song, I think. My one complaint is right at :15, the style abruptly changes - the intro is very different from the rest of it - possibly a more jazzy "spy" type of intro or at least something along the lines of the rest of the song could fit this well. Good work! Can't wait to hear more of it.

Well orchestral credits are way different than I'd be doing them. Very nicely done so far. I'd suggest getting more pan variation in there, a lot of it sounded centerish to me..

Anyway heres what I've been working on lately..

http://www.rayza.net/misc/azure21.mp3

Been fighting with that main lead from the start. I don't have the patience to keep tweaking it anymore, hope y'all don't hate (the lead) too much..

Hidden Palace is hard. -_-

yeah sadorf, you can laugh now.

Anyways, I might do a collab with another talented remixer for this one, so stay tuned :wink:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHA

HAH

Ok nuts it did....

I wasnt kidding when i said the song was being a pain in the ass....so i dunno. And you better find someone else to collab on that...u already know i refuse to have anything to do with that SHITTY SHITTY song...

yep thats all i got...

Well now, as for new WIPs from me...well...i am not ina rush anymore...i want to see what the next deadline is...and i will say ONE thing.. deadlines arent made to be moved, having a person or 2 say they are gonna be late is fine, no need ot move it... MOving it even this one day that you did, will result in it happening again, you can sa it wont happen all you want, and i will call bullshit... buut feel free to prove me wrong, would be rather nice to have thing work how they should.

people being a day late is fine....but why give everyone that extra time, will just make people work less..

sooo now that really is all i got..i gave Richter shit like 10 years ago on the Sonic 2 project about the constantly moving deadlines.... in the end everything worked out alright i think..but that was so long ago its hard to tell :) if this gets completed before summer is over..which is quite a long time for everyone, a lot of people and myself included will be impressed and happy that there will be all these kick ass mixes...that didnt take 10 years to make! heh

OMG BYE...

and as jealous as u all are, my sig will forever be the best there is :)

Hey, yoshi_84 deserves some feedback here. I just love the way you and Gman are taking this. There isn't a better style to fit this song, I think. My one complaint is right at :15, the style abruptly changes - the intro is very different from the rest of it - possibly a more jazzy "spy" type of intro or at least something along the lines of the rest of the song could fit this well. Good work! Can't wait to hear more of it.

Ah, feedback...and motivation! :) I'm glad you like it so far even though there isn't much. I'll see what I can do with the intro. That'll probably happen after we can come up with more of the arrangement, though.

Well, I decided to post a little WIP of what Gman and I have come up with. I arranged about 95% of this and most of the instruments were picked by me. Gman beefed it up with Reason's new super-cool mastering devices. Yeah, it's short, but oh well. :P

Some Hydrocity WIP - ftp://66.221.70.133/yoshi_84/SnKNikki%20[v0.5].mp3

It's pretty DAMN good!!!

I have some issues with it, but overall I loved it!! (hah, is tough saying that, but yeah, it's delicious!!! hahahaha)...

I need to go, I will make a better feedback when I come back, and also post a upgraded version of my hydrocity and a new WIP (Boss Act 2)

Keep up the great work!!!

OK, time for some more feedback:

Rayza - Azure Lake

The intro is nice, with the nature sounds, but a bit too long. I think it would sound better if one or two other instruments already joined in with the main instrument during the introduction.

I totally freaked out when the piano started playing! I thought I had some website with background music open, but then found out it was inside the song! It sounds pretty messed up, to be honest.

But it gets much better at around 2:13 and the following part is very cool.

DCT - Special Stage

Nice, but way too empty, especially before 0:22. Also, the drums seem too loud compared to the other instruments. But it's a nice idea to make this into a slow relaxing tune, because the original only reminds me of hectic running and turning on spherical levels... :)

yoshi_84, Gman - SnKNikki [v0.5]

Wow, this one has much improved since the last version I heard. But it's so short, it feels like you only got the intro so far. My vote goes to RTF's rendition of the theme, unless you make this much longer and more interesting.

antipode - Menu Molity

Hm... The composition is okay, but I don't like most of the samples/instruments used. Especially the one starting at 0:32, it really has to go. And the main instrument (Marimba? Xylophone?) sounds a bit weak. You should power it up a bit, maybe use a piano instead.

Anyway, good job guys, I'm looking forward to the day this project is completed!

P.S.: KungFuChicken!, only two more days until the deadline... Where's your WIP?

Wait no longer! I just decided to work on the credits, and i have a very early WIP. it needs alot, and hopefully i can get more done before the deadline. Its also pretty short.

wtf?!!It's like somehow you knew I was starting on this song as well :lol: but I'm probably not gonna post it, it's just for fun mostly.

All I could say is speed it up, cause this song was sort of an energetic song. I think the style would sound better for this song if it was different. :wink:

EDIT: I'll post another WIP of my song as soon as I finish fixing some stuff. Inspiration slapped me in the face so I'll try and make it more rave like and stuff. :wink:

And you better find someone else to collab on that...u already know i refuse to have anything to do with that SHITTY SHITTY song...

From what I heard from Nuts, he's got some big plans on his sleeve :)

Anyhow, might as well mark in my progress. I've finished the scopes of my own arrangement, and with a bit of hope I should master it down and send it in time for the deadline. Just to let you know that I'm not dead... yet ;)

I'm sorry to say, but I just do not like this at all, I really dont think the song can be worked out as an ochestrated piece... It reminds me more of the theme of Bastok in FFXI, than the credits... It's just not as ubeat and happy. It does have a bit of a soothing feel which I liked about the original, but it doesnt fit well. The song's speed really needs to be allot faster than your song. I personally think the song needs to be much more upbeat. The instruments used for the drums and the clapping was a nice choice though. Its okay in its own right... but I dont think it does the original piece justice.

Well orchestral credits are way different than I'd be doing them. Very nicely done so far. I'd suggest getting more pan variation in there, a lot of it sounded centerish to me..

Anyway heres what I've been working on lately..

http://www.rayza.net/misc/azure21.mp3

Been fighting with that main lead from the start. I don't have the patience to keep tweaking it anymore, hope y'all don't hate (the lead) too much..

Rayza, your new Azure Lake WIP is really great... its just fantastic. I love the sounds in the background, Ive noticed one, the spin dash, its just plain cool that you put it in there :D. The intro is really great! I love the length of it, and I dont get tired of it. I love the ambience in it and then how it leads into an ubeat happy tune.

The only problem i have with it is the piano comes in at 1:58. Like Dryrer Lint, I thought something had popped up in the background and started playing. Mostly because it was so abrubt and it just sounds akward and too bold from the rest of the song. maybey you could try to lead into it starting with a low volume and increasing it? The rest of the music is too loud when it first starts, and it just sounds bad :? .

After the piano leaves, (a little abrubtly like it came in lol) at 2:13 the song just amazes me again and I love the new tune you put in. At 2:42 however, this part feels very tranquil and I love it. But this came in a little abrubtly, but better than the piano did :lol: . I like the break from the upbeat feel, and the instruments you used fit well with the rest of the song. Make this part longer please? It's really great.

I do think you need to lead into the original at 2:56 "easier". It again.. kind of abruptly comes into the song. In the background underneath the original tune, I hear some kind of ambient noise that I like, maybe you could bring up the volume on that more? I can hear the song starting to slow down at around 3:10 and realize the song is starting to come to an end... :cry: Then it comes back with that upbeat beat again, and I like the bells you put into that, it sounds... pretty, if you're willing to accept that description, lol. I think the song ends on too much of an ubeat tempo, but it is nice.

All in all, I LOVE this song ^^. my only major concern is the introducing of new beats and instruments, ...but mostly that horrific piano. Take the piano out, and you've got yourself a great WIP :wink:. Id be willing to accept it as a final version it sounds so great. I hope you make the song longer, because the song is so great that I want it to keep going, makes me sad when it starts to fade out, lol. Keep up the good work. Now I cant wait anymore to hear the credits from you after hearing this!!

yoshi_84, Gman - SnKNikki [v0.5]

Wow, this one has much improved since the last version I heard. But it's so short, it feels like you only got the intro so far. My vote goes to RTF's rendition of the theme, unless you make this much longer and more interesting.

Yeah, it's short and it is just the intro. :) Therefore, there will be much more to it. I plan to utilize my jazz band knowledge and (hopefully) create some jazzed up, funky stuff. :P

Dear Tertial,

Thanks for all the comments. Glad you like it so far. I know I need to work on the ending more, I was mostly working on the lead for most of the time and it will be a lot smoother in all the transitions eventually.

Also the way you hear it now is not how it will end in the final version, I just haven't completed writing it yet. I'm probably just going to jam for a few bars with that lead and start bringing everything out for the end..

As for the piano part, thats just my sense of humor at work. I love making obviously horrible things and seeing what people will say. Like that way detuned song I posted a year or so ago and people were like "ehh, you should fix this and that.." I'm just waiting for someone to say, what the hell was that garbage? Don't be afraid to say it! Hah..

Anyhow, yes the piano will be gone in the final version. Hopefully I can get started on the credits mix soon, any suggestions for genre to write it in? Obviously something upbeat/dancey.. Again thanks for the comments.

EDIT: Also you mentioned you noticed the sonic spin sound effect, did you notice the "3 2 1 GO" sound effect at 2:52?