Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

I have question real fast that's kind of off-topic.

What's the difference between the music in Sonic and Knuckles and Sonic 3 and Knuckles? Aren't they the same game, but for the fact that you can play the Sonic and Knuckles levels with Tails? Please enlighten me.

I have question real fast that's kind of off-topic.

What's the difference between the music in Sonic and Knuckles and Sonic 3 and Knuckles? Aren't they the same game, but for the fact that you can play the Sonic and Knuckles levels with Tails? Please enlighten me.

Well, for one, a couple of the songs are a bit different.

Also, if this were just a Sonic and Knuckles project, then some songs from Sonic 3 would not be included. Same thing if it was just Sonic 3, except it would miss out on the songs on Sonic & Knuckles.

Basically, the difference is there's more levels in Sonic 3 & Knuckles than in just plain ol' Sonic & Knuckles.

Cool stuff ffmusicdj!

And no, you can still publicly release wIPs -for now-

And of course,I have a few people who are holding back on that and keeping it top secret.

Now just nesper and rayza's other songs (they are up for two) and EVERYONE will be in the clear (Xerol got a small break since I know he working and he let me hear something.

hey sithlord, after you get in all the WIPs that have been publicly released, i think it would be a good idea to make links to them on the first post of the topic. That would make it easier for people to hear the most recent version of someone's WIP. just an idea that might be usefull

Azure Lake - Rayza

WOO! Rayza, the song is AWESOME! :D And with that piano out of the song I finally have a song to put on my PSP. I like that new part you put in at 2:00, well I guess its new, maybe it was under that piano in your previous WIP :wink: . this is definetly my favorite song on the project so far... but Kanjika's Sky Sanctuary WIP is getting quite a bit of my attention too. BTW, that 3,2,1 GO! sound effect at 2:54 is really cool, but its kind of hard to notice untill you start to listen for it, I wouldnt have heard that spin dash if I hadnt sat there as a kid and wasted half of my childhood playing sonic XD. Maybey you could incoporate some more of those sounds into your song, then again if you put too many in there, it could get annoying. Keep up the great work!

Sonik Bakley and the Jazz Hedgehogs - Red Tailed Fox

I didnt really like this jazz tune... I just dont think it gets the "serious" emotion that the player would feel when trying to beat the crap out of Robotnik. The original tune is easy to hear, but some of the other instruments take my attention away from it. In some parts of the song, the piano that plays the original melody are just a tad too weak. Sorry to say, I just dont like it =/.

Aquatic Pressure (Feel the music!!!) - Red Tailed Fox

I love this!! :D I love everything about this WIP except the intro. All of the other things about the song are great! The different parts in the song are pretty different, but still keep in the same feeling. I never really liked Hydrocity Zone as much as the other zones' tunes, but you've made an excellent song out of it. I think the ending needs more work to slow down to a close, because it feels like it ends just a little too soon, but otherwise, this song is awesome!

WIP

Not a great WIP...

Not even... a good WIP.

But a WIP nonetheless.

It means I'm thinking about this project still. Yay.

I don't like the organ part. Tell me to get rid of it, and I will. I'm having problems with this song, and I'm not sure why, I just don't like how it's coming together.

Advise me, people!

Edit: One of the reasons I'm having trouble on this song is I can't seem to evade the clipping with it.

Second reason: The source material is lackluster at best, so I'm completely "re-imagining" it. It's not easy.

WIP

Not a great WIP...

Not even... a good WIP.

But a WIP nonetheless.

It means I'm thinking about this project still. Yay.

I don't like the organ part. Tell me to get rid of it, and I will. I'm having problems with this song, and I'm not sure why, I just don't like how it's coming together.

Advise me, people!

Edit: One of the reasons I'm having trouble on this song is I can't seem to evade the clipping with it.

Second reason: The source material is lackluster at best, so I'm completely "re-imagining" it. It's not easy.

This whole song sounds very right heavy.. Is everything panned to the right by accident? Other wise it sounds really good.. The beatwork is well done and the sounds come together pretty good.. Maybe a little more EQ work for the final but I like it so far..

Say, shouldn't this project be moved to that official projects section yet?
no, because first we must finish the first wip stage to point out actual ReMixers and decide which songs accept when there are two or more from the same tune.

THEN we can start the second wip stage (in the project section) by working on the approved tracks that would make the final version. however, as prot said in that section, if the project isn't interesting it must be moved to GenDisc again. I think S3&K is amazing and I really want to see it as a project, but waiting a bit more is surely a good thing.

(I think)