Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

Wooooah!

My net died on me for almost all last week, and i'm surprized how much work and WIPs appeared in that time. It'll probably be hard to choose between remixers once the songs will all be finished, the remixes all sound so great, even though they're still in progress.

Great job as always guys! Don't give up <3!!

True, Hydrocity and Sky Sanctuary are crowded, and Ice Cap is freezing alone in the corner. That surprizes me in a way, i doubt the song has been too over remixed yet for people to not be able to innovate on it. It's usually a very popular song, and i thought there'd be as much people giving it a try as for Hydro and Sky Sanc :roll:

Ice Cap is freezing alone in the corner

:lol: Interesting punch line, man. Although it makes me wonder why so many people are aiming for Sky Sanc...*

Mind, I'd love to give a shot at Ice Cap, however I've got a lot of other projects on my hand as well as the WIP that I currently have here. Whichever happens, I hope it'll work in fitting the legacy that coverage has left behind already.

*Anyone who opted for it for the pure purpose of my take on the theme being utter crap will get a kick in the teeth :P

True, Hydrocity and Sky Sanctuary are crowded, and Ice Cap is freezing alone in the corner. That surprizes me in a way, i doubt the song has been too over remixed yet for people to not be able to innovate on it. It's usually a very popular song, and i thought there'd be as much people giving it a try as for Hydro and Sky Sanc :roll:

No, it has.

-Jive

I think another light thing we may need to look into is how we're going to structure the project. I think the Sonic 2 set ended up feeling a bit broken by having the first half dedicated to the individual zones and the second half set for all the short BGMs. So I think when the time comes, the tracks could be given a more thoughtful order to better fit the scopes of the target game, adding in a bit of balance.

I hope you understood what I meant o.O

I think another light thing we may need to look into is how we're going to structure the project. I think the Sonic 2 set ended up feeling a bit broken by having the first half dedicated to the individual zones and the second half set for all the short BGMs. So I think when the time comes, the tracks could be given a more thoughtful order to better fit the scopes of the target game, adding in a bit of balance.

I hope you understood what I meant o.O

I agree.

Man gamebox, I LOVE this. With the instruments you're using, I think you need to speed up the melody a little bit, it seems like your trying to go for an ubeat tune, but it comes off as a little... slow. It's a bit akward but I like it :D . This is awesome, I cant wait to hear more of it.

I wish Jivemaster would give us a pleasant song for this project... he's certianly well qualified from his mixes. (Symphonic Ruin being my absolute favorite mix on the site).

UPDATE: http://www.ic-musicmedia.com/artist_pages/artistpage.php?id=102334

nothing really new. And the quality will still sound bad cause the hosting service but me on lo fi. :roll:

The MP3 I downloaded is 112kbps, but it actually sounds slightly more lo-fi than the bitrate would suggest.

Some of the samples aren't too great. Especially the smash-clap-combo is pretty cheap and also quite repetetive.

It's not bad though. But you're competing with Rayza... Good luck! :wink:

Also, as of now, no more new people.(unless you are going for ICECAP)

I have an idea. It may be a bit of a long shot, but we could make a deal with the people who run the Peoples' Remix Competition and get people to make a remix for that track; the winner gets put on the project. It can be possible - "Rise of a Star" and "Dark Side of Phobos" also did that ^_^

Also, as of now, no more new people.(unless you are going for ICECAP)

I have an idea. It may be a bit of a long shot, but we could make a deal with the people who run the Peoples' Remix Competition and get people to make a remix for that track; the winner gets put on the project. It can be possible - "Rise of a Star" and "Dark Side of Phobos" also did that ^_^

now tahts a great idea. I'm in for an Ice cap PRC.

Its a good way to fairly decide which mix is better too.