Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

Ichi - What did you change from the last version? I can't put my finger on it specifically, and I don't have the old mp3 handy, but there was something about it I think I prefered in the older one ^^;

I put more high end EQ on the hi hats and cymbals, I changed one of the organ sounds, lowered the volume of the entire to reduce clipping, and added a couple new sections. I changed up the drums significantly, though they still sound pretty similar. I also lowered the volume of the supporting synths during the organ part because I thought they were blocking the main instrument out.

I'd guess the most audible changes I made are the EQed hi-hats and the new organ sample. Though if you had your speakers at the same level both listens, the first one probably would have sounded better because of the higher volume.

Projekt Chaos...so simple, yet so awesome...

Anywho. May 22nd?? Sweet. Though I still need to figure out how to record and insert myself in the song, I'm sure I could get my song done before the end of the month.

Oh, and KFC, I'm going to send you a cleaner version of my current WIP (so I don't get label in the RED, which will surely happen with the one I sent you.)

It's just the second deadline, not the final.

Yeah, but that sounds like my final considering that I won't be using a music tech lab over the summer :?

I think we should aim to make it the final. A month is EASILY enough tome to produce a remix -and considering we've all already started, it's not going to take a month to finish...

Yeah, but that sounds like my final considering that I won't be using a music tech lab over the summer :?

I think we should aim to make it the final. A month is EASILY enough tome to produce a remix -and considering we've all already started, it's not going to take a month to finish...

I completely agree

I completely agree

Only I should have said time, not tome... whoops.

Anyways. I'm not saying that, you know, if people aren't done in a month then screw them and launch the project anyway - that would be stupid. I'm just saying it so that most people have a near-completed version within a month, and any touch-ups or anything can be done after... Just forces people to get their shit together, really.

I'm not making sense. need sleep.

boobies.

Hey, Rexy, could you give me two hands, please? I listened these days to your S&K piano solo remix, Tomorrow`s Wake, and it`s so wonderful!! Could you comment on mine, please? And also, how did you record it?

BTW, KFC, it`s so generous of you to put my mix on the middle line. I know something like that would never enter a serious project...

Hey, Rexy, could you give me two hands, please?

two_hands.jpg

I listened these days to your S&K piano solo remix, Tomorrow`s Wake, and it`s so wonderful!!

Thanks very much ^_^ Glad to see there's someone else out there that likes my crap, mwaha.

Could you comment on mine, please?

Sure, I'll take a look into it - we can do with more Sonic piano.

Mind, in terms of general arrangement, I felt that much of the compositional foundations have done well to add a more reflective side to the Chrome Gadget status (which in turn got more frantic as time managed to go on). I can still sense the theme there - a very thoughtful variation on the source by that aspect. It may be argued that it seemed to go against the frantic nature of the racing stage, however given the basic landscapes of the level itself I can easily imagine one of those reflective moments while residing within that zone itself. :)

But I have to agree with Sithlord that the quality seemed to be rather ridden with noise. I think the problem with that might have been that you ended up recording the track, then normalising it to its peak straight afterwards - big mistake, and that's what I learnt with my initial variation on Tomorrow's Wake. I suggest that before recording you test the mic input - make sure that the input levels are as high as they can go without clipping or peaking, and once that's done you're ready to be able to record.

I hope that helps you. If not, let me know.

And also, how did you record it?

Me? I just wired a soundfont through a MIDI keyboard, then I played my freakin' heart out. 8O That's ok, I would really hope to hold my own equipment to mic up a real piano one of these days.

Because I think it needs more attention, I added a link to the Kazorum forum in my sig...just to remind people that its there and could really help make critting and project ideas/news easier to keep up with.

First time i look through it. That's nice to see there are more developpements outside the OCR thread.

[After looking at the artwork section]

So you ARE the Hadyn i saw on DA. I almost asked if it was really you when i saw your zombie pic on the site, but i felt dumb if it wouldn't have been the case. Dude, i love your art style.

... Sorry if this is an unwanted topic in this thread :lol:

Because I think it needs more attention, I added a link to the Kazorum forum in my sig...just to remind people that its there and could really help make critting and project ideas/news easier to keep up with.

First time i look through it. That's nice to see there are more developpements outside the OCR thread.

[After looking at the artwork section]

So you ARE the Hadyn i saw on DA. I almost asked if it was really you when i saw your zombie pic on the site, but i felt dumb if it wouldn't have been the case. Dude, i love your art style.

... Sorry if this is an unwanted topic in this thread :lol:

Hehe, thanks man. Yeah, I have some stupid nikname on DA - one of those things that sounded cool 5 years ago but sucks now and I can't change it ^^;

But yeah. That's me. I'm gald you like my stuff! :)