Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

No, it's a waterfall .wav file I found on the 'net. I suppose I'll I have to fiddle with it somehow to make it sound better.

You know, I've never really thought about the dynamics. What a complete ass I am. Thank you ellywu2 for bringing that to my attention. And I agree, the drums do need more variation. The thing at the end was the result of me randomly clicking on the buttons on the Step Sequencer :lol: .

My synths are always weird, because I use instruments that clash and aren't heard together often. That, and I don't know how to work with soundfonts too well (if it doesn't make a sound when I test it in FL, I've no idea what to do). I do agree, less reverb. And I should work more with the melody and such; I do it on my keyboard when I'm not at the comp to get ideas. I just need to get something solid and transfer it to the computer.

Thank you two for your feedback; I shall adjust the song accordingly.

http://66.221.70.133/hadyn/hadyn_carnivalGood2.mp3

I'm rather happy with how this is turning out, apart from two things:

1) the trombone stab section comes out of nowhere (although the lead-out is fine)

Just a recommendation of what I would do in the immediate measure before the trumpet stabs/xylo come in (hey, you wanted goofy, right): halfway through the measure, do a hard volume cutoff and insert a giggling clown laugh. Cut the volume back right at the next measure with the stabs and calliope and whatnot.

Just a thought.

lol, that would just be scary... I don't wanna give listeners nightmares here, Myth. I have another idea I might try out with adding a short build... I'll see how that works out. Otherwise, I could always do the glass shatter then silence like in the original ^^

http://66.221.70.133/hadyn/hadyn_carnivalGood2.mp3

Incase anyone else would like to give some advice - it'd be very appreciated :)

just adding my half-cent, since i don't really have the requirements to add a full one.

i'm really liking the remix. speaking as a breakbeat enthusiast, the drumline is superb. everything gives me a "bloated-but-broken" feel, if that means anything. it feels inspired, considering you had to jump all over balloons in the level.

the only thing i would change now would be the xylophone. i don't know if it fits the mood entirely and i'm almost certain you could probably find something just a little more in-place.

what that would be, i have no clue. that's just my half-cent.

Heh, it's been awhile since I've posted in this thread. :lol:

You got some tight stuff in your Carnival Night WIP, Hadyn. I agree with whoever said it needed to be more goofy. Whenever I hear the source tune I can't help but picture someone beatboxing. *lol* That's probably just me, though, and I'm not saying do something like that in this. :lol:

The thing I'm noticing here is that alot of people are going out of their way to change the chord progressions and structures of the original music.

I think it's better to try and keep the same feel of the original song, and arrange it to just enough to make it an interesting 3-5 minutes.

The way I see it, we're making an arrangement album, not a "music inspired by" album, and definetly not a remix ;) (since technically, remix is a very improper word to use for what we here at OCR and VGmix actually do.)

Gah, I rant on too damn much.

I think it's better to try and keep the same feel of the original song, and arrange it to just enough to make it an interesting 3-5 minutes.

I agree, that's probably what we should be shooting for as a group that's arranging the entire soundtrack.

Ahem, on an unrelated note...

Here is WIP 4 of my remix which has absolutely none of the feel of the original song :(

Helium Stairways

It's just that... The feel of the original sucks shit, imho. I'm just trying to improve it, by adding some, you know, beauty to the track(hopefully)?

It shouldn't be a big deal, though... I mean, how many people's favorite track is Balloon Park Competition anyway?

In addition, to do my part, I will write some more reviews soon... 3 is more than some have done, though :)

I just read the last 2 pages since I was last on... & with all the names being mentioned by Snapple... I'm hoping this won;t turn out to be the "rock'n'Roll(get it) remix of S3&K."

Anyway, I've sent my FLP to Hadyn, so go ahead a put it down as a collab for right now. And I'm dropping Doomsday. Dang song just didn;t inspire me anymore. The End.

Anyway, I've sent my FLP to Hadyn, so go ahead a put it down as a collab for right now.

Heyyyyy, you don't need to put it down as a collab ^^;

All i'm doing really is trying to give you ideas, or show you ideas I had in mind - you're still doing all the hard work :P

If anything, you can add a "mastered by Hadyn" note in the tags, but no need to call it a full collab. You deserve the credit for this!

~Hadyn

I will admit that I most certainly biased towards rock music, and while I would love guitars in just about everything, I dont think it will be the case here. This one looks like it will get balanced between the two more so than Hedgehog Heaven seeing as how many disliked all the "techno" on that one.

I still wish somebody would do a rock version of sky sanctuary. I would have but I dont own an eletric guitar, and a acoustic version just wouldnt have the same effect. :wink:

I really didn't think that there were a lot of trance songs on H.H.. maybe cause I like trance but that's just my opinion. (forgot to respond to Haydn's C.N. mix)

I really like the way it's heading. I'd like the drums to be a little more distingushied though. :wink: edit: (little too much distortion I mean)

I was talking with my collab partner on our hidden palace mix. So far I've offered WIPs on my part, but since the piano sections will be played by my partner most of the stuff you heard maybe its gonna be changed or modified. We should start working together soon(as soon as I get off my lazy ass)

Expect some cool dream trance out of this :wink: