Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

Hmm, I made a post but my system must have fucked up cuz it's not here.

Anyway, my friend MaJiN GeoDooD is offering his services to aid the project. He's a great guitarist, plays clean guitar very well, distorted very well, and has great tone.

If you need some guitar work done (maybe some little riff to make your song sound cooler, or a nice clean section to add dynamics and style) don't hesitate to ask him! You can contact him on AIM at MaJiN GeoDooD, or by the same name on the OCR IRC channel (#ocremix).

So this is where I'm at:

Final Boss: No major changes since last update, but it shouldn't take long to finsih it as my computer's a little faster now I've learnt how to properly use edirol :P

I might have this one finished this weekend.

Carnival Night with ellywu2: He's going to send the flp back my way, and i'll probably get most of my work done this weekend, then it'll be upto him to finsish the drum work and we'll both add our finishing touches.

Probably be done within a fortnight from now.

Death Egg with Joker: I've done a few things very quickly with this one, but much more work needs to be done, particularly to make the the piano part sound smoother and, well, better than FL Keys is making it sound. I haven't talked with Joker about this yet, but it might be an idea to get a third-party involved to help out with the piano, and I would love to get some female vocals down for the background, but yeah. That's all up to Joker, it's his song :)

This one could take a while, maybe a month.

Credits with Sora: Sora recently asked me to help him with the EQ work on his mix, but there are a few other changes i'd like to help him with too, if he agrees to it. I wont start this one for another week or two, but it's definitely something i would like to help him with :)

If I end up doing as much work as I think on this one, it could be a month to a month and a half away.

80 pages in so little time, goddamn it's almost reminiscient of unmod, when the heck is thing being moved to the project forum?

Actually, this is not gonna remain the project topic. We'll start a new topic in the project section when the project is ready. This topic is like, 70+ pages of bullshit at 10 pages of usefull stuff, so we'll just bring it into the project forum and lock it for referance.

80 pages in so little time, goddamn it's almost reminiscient of unmod, when the heck is thing being moved to the project forum?

Actually, this is not gonna remain the project topic. We'll start a new topic in the project section when the project is ready. This topic is like, 70+ pages of bullshit at 10 pages of usefull stuff, so we'll just bring it into the project forum and lock it for referance.

Exactly, I was thinking about just that - this stuff isn't exactly the sort of thing we'd want to represent the project, in my opinion.

Greetings!

This is the official thread of the Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles Arrangement Project, "Project Chaos".

DJPretzel has recommended that I hold the release off until this weekend so he can get some things done right. I've taken his advice and we will be releasing the project most likely on Sunday. Just a while longer, people!

Project Is Ready For Release

I've been waiting on track info and other small things, but it looks like some people have just forgotten or whatever else. I'm releasing the project without track info, and without album art. These will be added with time after the release. I don't think it's fair to hold the project as long as I have just because certain people don't respond.

Regardless, the project is set for release this Thursday, November 16th. Thanks for waiting so far!

Our teaser site is up! Here we will post demos, unused tracks and other bonus songs that wont be on the album! ENJOY!

------------------------------------------------------

Final Preperations:

This is the last update till project release. All tracks are now to be considered finished. I will be contacting whoever has yet to give me a title for their song, or information on their song.

Format Change:

For the website, I've changed my mind. Hadyn informed me that it would be better to simply have a writeup for each song, not full artist bios. Those who gave me all the stuff I previously asked for, thank you, I will only use what I feel is necessary. To the others who haven't yet given me anything, I will now be asking only for a writeup of your song.

Tracklisting:

Main Soundtrack

Disc 1

1. Title Screen - SnappleMan - Sonic the Hedgehog and Knuckles

2. Data Select - KungFuChicken! - The Wait is Over!

3. Angel Island Zone - Rexy - Divided from Grace

4. Boss 1 (S3 version) - Daniel Baranowsky - Caution: Echidnas May Eat Your Brain

5. Hydrocity - housethegrate - Walk on Water

6. Marble Garden - Daniel Baranowsky - Knuckleduster

7. Carnival Night - Hadyn - Three Ring Nightfall

8. IceCap - Hetcenus - That Freezing Feeling

9. Launch Base - Gecko Yamori - Elevator Music

10. Boss 1 (S&K version) - GaMeBoX - Robotnik Radio

Disc 2

1. Mushroom Hill - GaMeBoX - iMushroom

2. Flying Battery - SnappleMan - Dead Batteries

3. Sandopolis - BrainCells - Live at the Sandopolis

4. Lava Reef - Rexy, Hetcenus - Beneath the Ashes

5. Hidden Palace - Kanjika

6. Sky Santuary - Kanjika

7. Boss 2 - BrainCells, SnappleMan - Scrambled Eggman

8. Death Egg - The Joker - Before the Storm

9. Final Boss - SnappleMan - Malicious Fingers

10. Doomsday - SnappleMan, Ashane, norg - The Doomsday

11. Ending Credits (S3 version) - Red Tailed Fox - So Long, and Thanks for All the...

Special Disc

1. Special Stage - chthonic - Red Sphere, Blue Sphere

2. Competition Menu - Rexy - Schumacher Bar

3. Azure Lake Competition - Ross Kmet - Momentary Standstill

4. Balloon Park Competition - Ichitootah - Helium Stairways

5. Chrome Gadget Competition - Hetcenus - Ivory Gadget

6. Desert Palace Competition - The Joker - Heat Blur

7. Endless Mine Competition - jmr - Eternal Excavation

8. Rayza - Azure Lake (bonus)

9. AkumajoBelmont - Water on the Dancefloor (bonus)

10. Hadyn - Heads Up for Tails (bonus)

11. Kanjika - Credits (bonus)

12. Gamebox - Ice Cap 4 Life (bonus)

13. Kanjika - Hydrochill (bonus)

14. Xenon Odyssey - Lava Passion (bonus)

Beatdrop left... that is like the most crippling blow to this project yet... I was sure his mix was gonna be great... ah well, I dropped Sky Sanctuary. It was useless for me to try and keep going. Unless I get some major motivation on it after I finish Staff Roll. Speaking of Staff Roll, put me down as "colab" with Haydn, since he has some major plans to fix the whole song :lol: there's a lot of collabs going down on this project. It's good because 2 heads are better than one. :wink: