Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

I offered him many options. In the end, he wanted to be the only person on that track. I then asked Master Hatchet if he wanted to quit and give the song to Beatdrop, but he was very enthusiastic about the song and just seemed more confident. So I told Beatdrop that MH was staying, and I never got a response.

If beatdrop's intentions are to simply be an elitist prick, then I say the album is better off without him. It's already been established that if you want on the album, you have to earn it.

It's a shame because beatdrop's track really rocked.

I offered him many options. In the end, he wanted to be the only person on that track. I then asked Master Hatchet if he wanted to quit and give the song to Beatdrop, but he was very enthusiastic about the song and just seemed more confident. So I told Beatdrop that MH was staying, and I never got a response.

If beatdrop's intentions are to simply be an elitist prick, then I say the album is better off without him. It's already been established that if you want on the album, you have to earn it.

It's a shame because beatdrop's track really rocked.

Very true. He has too good of a track for him to get all elite on us. But no matter, Hatchet is awesome too.

Awesome, all this makes me even more excited about the final results. And BrainCells is onboard now? 8) Cool. All the collabs are very very very interesting too.

edit: Akumajo isn't doing Hydrocity anymore? Aaaw, i loved his song :cry:

Sandopolis - { (two part collab) 1.DarkeSword+SnappleMan, 2.Zyko+BrainCells }

..... :(

Just listened to yours, it's quite good!

But I must warn you, I'm pulling out all the stops on this one! LET THE BEST MAN WIN! :D

YAY COMPETITION!!!

LOL! im sure you guys will be able to do something great too.

And KFC...the intro wasnt even close to what i planned to do. It sort of came out crappy :( I have a very different idea for that violin solo, a MUCH better one.........

And is it just me or is the guitar crappy sounding?

Okay I'm gonna go ahead & post an updated version of Death Egg.

http://joker.paletteswap.com/Other%20Crap/S3&K%20Remix%20Project%20-%20Destiny%20Awaits%20(Emerald%20Mix).mp3

The emerald mix in paranthesis is just to make it stand apart from the original file, since I'm not sure I wanna continue this version. Tell me what you think. Should I keep refining this version, or should I expand upon the old original?

http://joker.paletteswap.com/Remixes/S3&K%20-%20Joker%20-%20Destiny%20Awaits.mp3

Well, like I said, alot of people wont like it, but it's the best way. With past projects, some of the more experianced musicians, and OCR Judges, felt that a song or two might be better for the album, but, since the popular vote was in favor of the other song, the album had to suffer.

There's no way I'm gonna let someones popularity govern how the music for this project will end up.

One of the ideas was making the voting "blind", but that would mean that:

A) Only me and KFC could get the songs. Killing the teamwork factor.

B) No guarantee that people wont send their songs to friends, killing the annonymity.

There's no way to have a 100% fair vote.

That was a very bad turn i think. Without a vote, it wont be fair... Well, since i dont got any competition i wont be cryin to much about it, but i think it totally suxx... Very bad idea....

yes it sucks! Let the people decide what remixes are on the project...i think it would be cool if anyone (any legitimate forum member)could vote for any number of songs. If the people dont decide what mixes are on the project whats the point of releasing this? i dont see how not voting would help quality either.

EDIT....ok now that i rethink this...its a good idea LOL. i just thought how much this could go downhill if we just used what people wanted.

Id not ENTIRELY in favor of the idea still, but it seems like the way thats best

That was a very bad turn i think. Without a vote, it wont be fair... Well, since i dont got any competition i wont be cryin to much about it, but i think it totally suxx... Very bad idea....

yes it sucks! Let the people decide what remixes are on the project...i think it would be cool if anyone (any legitimate forum member)could vote for any number of songs. If the people dont decide what mixes are on the project whats the point of releasing this? i dont see how not voting would help quality either.

Not voting will help quality cuz I'm a stricter judge of music than almost anyone here at OCR, and even VGmix.

As for the people deciding, the people don't know shit. They vote on the most wrong reasons for a song.

They'll see Kanjika has 4 mixes on the album, SomeAsshole49 has only one. They'll more likely vote for SomeAsshole49 because of pity, not quality. This has happened in the past, and is prone to happen again.

I mean, the decisions by KFC and I wont be 100% final, if there's a strong enough demand for it, we'll hold a vote for a song we've already decided on. But for now, it's all on a non-voting basis.

I think it makes sense to do it by the coordinators choosing instead of a voting process. Remember, Snapple didn't say that the voting process will be done away with altogether; if some songs are very close to each other in terms of quality, they would be voted on. It's a great way to ensure quality control, and it's a good idea on the part of Snapple and KFC to make sure the project is consistant and well-rounded when it is complete. A very good idea, I think.

I might have to "borrow" it once I can get my own project off the ground. :P

Also, I'm thinking of something else we might want to consider.

I personally would not mind having two of the same song back to back. Meaning, if two competing songs are both REALLY great, why not just use both?

There are professional arrangement albums out there which have 2 or 3 versions of the more popular songs on the OST. Why can't we do the same?

i always thought that it was only we in the project that was supposed to vote.. as it previously said in the main post of this projects thread, this is *our* project, and we work as a *team*.

Yes, and that's why it took me so long to change the compilation system like that. Voting and teamwork are not the same. We don't want teamwork in voting, that's how the wrong songs get voted on. Friends vote for friends, vote for friends vote for friends blah blah blah.

It's more fair to everyone this way.