Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

I have holidays in a week, and will desperately try to get my shit together and finish my stuff then...

I've been trying to contact Ellywu2 for a while now - he added the cool drums to the piece, but hasn't sent the .flp back my way yet. It's been about a month now, hopefully he can send it my way soon ^^;

As for the other collabs, I'll have to see what happens... I should be able to work on them, but I don't really have any rock-solid ideas, and i'm not sure how the quality will turn out in the end. We'll have to see when I work on them next ^^

Oh, and Final Boss is still being a bitch - I've tried to optimize the way i'm mastering it as much as possible, but it still runs as slow as ever... It was a reasonable length anyways, maybe I can just throw an ending on and leave it at that... it's just a shame it's taking so much power just to edit it...

~Hadyn

I know this might be somewhat off-topic, but I remember long ago that Snappleman made a WIP of a Doomsday Zone remix, but then never released that. Is that similar to what track he will be putting for Doomsday in this version.

Also sorry if non-project people aren't allowed in the topic. Just curious, since I've been wanting to see a Doomsday remix for a very long time.

If nothing else, I can say to keep up the good work. A shame I lack music remixing abilities, because my Soundblaster 2 NS Laptop would come quite in handy for that...

Anyway, just curious. I loved that WIP Snappleman made of Doomsday zone eons ago. As my name might suggest, I like heavy-metal esque stuff.

I started a wip on first boss. Its not official that Im doing it for the project yet, just letting everyone know. I may or may not go someplace with it.

edit: some days later: Turns out it's going quite well and I will continue to work on this and death egg both for the project.

Yeah, that's the thing. The Doomsday Zone is confused with the Final Boss theme a lot.

The difference is that the Doomsday Zone only appears in Knuckles's last fight and/or the 'Doomsday Zone', both of which are far less remembered than the Final Boss areas. Oh well.

Yeah, that's the thing. The Doomsday Zone is confused with the Final Boss theme a lot.

The difference is that the Doomsday Zone only appears in Knuckles's last fight and/or the 'Doomsday Zone', both of which are far less remembered than the Final Boss areas. Oh well.

I thought only Hyper Sonic went to Doomsday. If I remember correct, the game ends for Knuckles after he fights Robotnik on the surface of the death egg.

I thought only Hyper Sonic went to Doomsday. If I remember correct, the game ends for Knuckles after he fights Robotnik on the surface of the death egg.

For clarification:

Normal Sonic (and any form of Tails): Final battle is against the giant walking Egg Robot on the Death Egg. Final Boss is the song.

Super Sonic/Hyper Sonic: Final battle is Doomsday Zone, after the Death Egg battle mentioned above. Doomsday is the song.

Knuckles: Final battle against Super Metal Sonic in Sky Sanctuary (Knuckles never goes to Death Egg). Final Boss is the song.

Knuckles: Final battle against Super Metal Sonic in Sky Sanctuary (Knuckles never goes to Death Egg). Final Boss is the song.

For your information that's a 2-part battle (and an awesome one nonetheless). First part has you fighting against normal Metal Sonic, just like you did at the end of Sky Sanc with Sonic/Tails/S&T, and that's where the Final Boss music is played. The second part has MS using the Master Emerald to charge into Super Metal Sonic, and you fight him with the Doomsday music running in the background.

Kyle, whatever happened to your Sonic knowledge these days? :)

For your information that's a 2-part battle (and an awesome one nonetheless). First part has you fighting against normal Metal Sonic, just like you did at the end of Sky Sanc with Sonic/Tails/S&T, and that's where the Final Boss music is played. The second part has MS using the Master Emerald to charge into Super Metal Sonic, and you fight him with the Doomsday music running in the background.

...Dang it! Doomsday DOES play in Knuckles' battle (I remembered the fact that it was a two-parter, but didn't think it was necessary to mention :P). Something kept telling me it didn't. Y'know, for someone with the goal to play and completely beat Sonic 3 & Knuckles every time I get another version of it somewhere (my cartridge, Sonic Mega Collection, and PC versions of the game are cleared with all 3 characters, and all with all 14 emeralds), you'd think I'd remember these things.

...Dang it! Doomsday DOES play in Knuckles' battle (I remembered the fact that it was a two-parter, but didn't think it was necessary to mention :P). Something kept telling me it didn't. Y'know, for someone with the goal to play and completely beat Sonic 3 & Knuckles every time I get another version of it somewhere (my cartridge, Sonic Mega Collection, and PC versions of the game are cleared with all 3 characters, and all with all 14 emeralds), you'd think I'd remember these things.

Oh wow, you're right...wowzers, I need to play it again, just because I havent for over 8 years....yes, must play it again. I remember about 10 years or so ago, I used to play it day in and day out...beat the game several times and replayed it several times just because to me it never got boring...ah yes those were the days.