Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

Now that I read the Doomsday thing, I realized that DJ Nova's song is mistitled, since it's actually a remix of Final Boss. Oh, and now that I'm talking about this song I'll tell you 2 things Nova:

- I prefer it without congas ;)

- I like ot overall, but I find the transition from about 1:30 to 2:00 too slow.

And that cover looks quite nice.

Whats up everyone,

I'm sorry if I'm extremely late on this, but do you guys have room for one more on this project?

I made a jazzy remix of the Lava Reef/ Hidden Palace Zone and release it over on VG Mix.

http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=4154

(Its actually doing quite well over there. Teir 1 :D )

Since I don't plan on submitting it here at OC, I figure it would be nice if it was included on your project for recongnition purposes.

If you guys don't want it, or if its too late, I understand.

Thanks

I managed to listen to it Blue; sounds neat, I can tell you that, and I feel it's one of your better efforts IMO. I'll have a review done soon, I can assure you.

But in terms of getting it on the project, I think you're a little late. The tracks that are done for the project aren't meant to be released until it's finished. I think you've gone as far as devising music for it the wrong way round. :P

Mind you, if you want to join the project and have a stab at another source (and we desperately need someone for Boss 1!) I hope you'll be able to follow what the project coordinators are expecting.

Thanks for taking interest! ;)

Well thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

I wish I could help out and do "Boss 1" for you guys, but I'm starting a new job and don't think I'll be able to dedicate the amount of time needed to produce a good mix. But, since I will probably be starting sometime next week, I'll have a few days left to mess around. (If I'm in the zone, I sould finish it an about two to three days.)

If you guys can direct me to the original tune in MIDI format, I'll see what I can do, but like I said, I can't guarantee that it will be done in time unless I can come up with some ideas really quick.

They want the final WIPs in for July 1st, although knowing you you'd come up with solid stuff rather quickly :)

LOL...thanks Rexy.

Ok here we go:

I have been working on the "Boss 1" mix for about an hour now. And I realized that it had this James Bond feel to it (so I called "Sneak Attack"). I don't know if you guys will like it or not because of that, but anyway...

There is nothing too complex about it yet. I just want to know how you guys feel about it before I continue.

I am not able to make a direct link to the song, so you'll have to go to my page to check it out.

The link is in my sig.

I find it extremely unfair that Mr.Norman makes one bloody song with a simple chromatic pattern ascending and descending and now it's like the "James Bond" thing.

No fair! I say, "Nevermind James Bond! Just enjoy the music!"

My favorite part is from 0:20 - 0:40 when the new string part and the piano comes in.

(I'm a huge connoisseur of the Bond movies from the 60's to 90's, don't get me wrong. XD)

I find it extremely unfair that Mr.Norman makes one bloody song with a simple chromatic pattern ascending and descending and now it's like the "James Bond" thing.

I know what you mean. I had a couple of my friends say the same thing. It's kinda aggrevating.

Hey people! Tis been a long time since I've replied to this thread!

I've been busy workin on my songs!

Anyway, I've been getting work from everyone, and it's starting to sound better and better! I'm very impressed by how many of you have stepped up and are delivering the goods

Eon, that cover looks fantastic! A suggestion though, you should soften the lines on Sonic and Knuckles, blend em into the background a bit, have them in there, but be more subtle. And shit, project Chaos is sounding pretty damn cool. Who knows, we might keep it as the title.

Anyway, I've been getting work from everyone, and it's starting to sound better and better! I'm very impressed by how many of you have stepped up and are delivering the goods

And shit, project Chaos is sounding pretty damn cool. Who knows, we might keep it as the title.

I haven't been getting work from too much anyone, and Project Chaos would be a great choice lol. I thought it would fit the theme of the game, so that is why I thought of it.

EDIT - on the subject of Snapple, people are getting the misunderstanding that Snap took over the project. You couldn't be more wrong. Me and Snap are working as a duo. I'm no better than he is and vice versa. So before you go running to JUST snappleman about project issues, remember who started this and remember that you should talk to us BOTH, even if it means PMing us. I had 6 people ask me if Snapple too over the project, and that is just not true.