Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

I only see five for Snapple, one of which is already done. ;)

*checks*

WH-WH-WHAT? HE'S NOT WORKING ON SANDOPOLIS ANYMORE?!?

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN???

*re-reads last couple pages*

ahh... Apparently he and DarkeSword dropped the track... damn... that 2-part, 4-way collaboration would have been awesome! Oh well, I'm sure zyko and BrainCells' version will be great as well.

Hey everyone.

So here's the latest news from my end:

Due to working on some pretty massive college assignments (such as http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/21805984/ )I haven't yet been able to swork on my Carnival Night track. I should have some time in the near future to work on it though, so everything should be fine.

My second piece of news is that, though I'm still confused by last month's events (with me being dropped then brought back and all), I've decided I will make the website for this project.

I have an assignment to make a Flash website, and so I thought I'd take this oppertunity to help you guys out at the same time as doing my work. Two birds, one stone.

So what I need to know is what kinda stuff the website is going to have on it. I think we should keep it rather low on content - maybe five pages, similar to Kong in Concert and Rise of the Star. Hell, the new Doom project has a pretty good layout. But yeah. I'll come up with my own ideas, but input from the people and especially KFC or Snapps is definitely welcome :)

This is going to be the best project website OCR has ever seen. I promise that.

So I've given it some thought and decided that we should have the following pages:

• An animated Flash intro sequence
    A home/news page
    An info page
    A media page
    A credits page
    And a links page

These pages will all be made as a Flash website, though there will also be an HTML version of each page incase some people are still living ten years behind the rest of us.

The intro sequence will essentially be my own modernised version of the S3&K intro.

The news page will be updated with news about the project once or twice before the project is released, then it'll likely become redundant.

The info page will contain information about the project, the game, and all that interesting stuff we care so much about.

The media page will be where the downloads go when the project's released.

The credits page is just what it sounds like,

And the links page will link to OCR and various other sites that relate to sonic or the project.

I may combine the credits and links pages together.

What I need to know now is what the project's going to be titled. Did we decide to go with Project Chaos?

I think it works, considering the chaos that's gone into putting this thing together... but, you know, that's just me. So yeah. What's the go?

~Hadyn

Glad to see we've got someone working on a site.

The only thing I'd like to see that you haven't covered is a 'review/song info' page for each track, kinda like what Kong In Concert had.

I really like this idea of having a small info box for each track, like Kong in Concert. You could have the artists themselves write them, too, so that we could give a bit of background info on our tracks. Or whatever.

Glad to see we've got someone working on a site.

The only thing I'd like to see that you haven't covered is a 'review/song info' page for each track, kinda like what Kong In Concert had.

I really like this idea of having a small info box for each track, like Kong in Concert. You could have the artists themselves write them, too, so that we could give a bit of background info on our tracks. Or whatever.

I think this is a great idea. I thought it was really great when Kong in Concert did this. Also, I love the title Project Chaos. :)

Yeop, I'm planning on having a small pop-up page thing for each track.

Here's the first test design:

mockup3copy.jpg

I need your feedback! What parts are good? Does anything need to be changed? Is it crap? Should I start again? Does god really exist? WHAT IS THE MEANING!?

Uh, yeah. Speak, peoples, I need your opinions!

~Hadyn

edit - oh, yeah, keep in mind that the page background will be BLACK. It really doesn't look as good with the OCR grey behind it, so yeah. If you set it as your wallpaper with a black background or something you'll get the idea ^^;

If you're going to use Sonic Team's artwork, I would suggest only using images created for S3&K. The Sonic Adventure images certainly look cool, but personally I think they're inappropriate for a project based on a game where Sonic's look was significantly different.

Otherwise, looks like a good start.

WIth a title like Project Chaos, it's got to look somewhat badass. I wouldn't like it pixely. :(

That's my philosophy exactly :)

Whilst Sonic's appearance is more extreme these days, it's still the same old hedgehog we all know and love.

So yeah, unless god (or KFC) tells me otherwise, I'm gonna use modern pics. Might even draw some of my own if I have the time.

Thanks for all the other feedback so far. I'll wait for word from one of the leaders and then I'll get a move on with making it all flashy and stuff.

Looks a bit gloomy... But that might just be me, as prefer overly colourful things.

If you're looking to keep that "badass" philosophy while keeping this wing of envorinment, may I suggest using neon green auras or electric blue? You know, so it would look like the glow of the master emerald or chaos emerald ^^ (Best thing to me is are electric red and blues). Although I could see that, if not applied well, it would turn out to be like a generic page...

Anyway, from what I see, you seem to have nice design talents. May to keep in mind my suggestion or not, I'm looking forward to the final product. =P