Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

Well, considering that Kyle made a Wikipedia article for the project (in haste, IMO), I'd recommend anyone else do what they can to contribute content regarding the project to prevent the article from being deleted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Project_Chaos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Chaos

In the future, I'd say wait until a project is wrapped up/about to be released before doing a page on it. Otherwise, people get the wrong idea that it's meant to be some sort of advertisement.

This initial screen is outdated anyways, the whole design changed quite dramtically since then.

Hmmm.... The main thing that's going to delay a public release of the site would be the background music... I need atleast three tracks before this thing goes online. I have snapps and kanjika helping out, but if anyone else wants to make some background music for the website, it's open to anyone on the project. Actually, if you're good, it's probably open to anyone.

What I need is short, background music-ish remixes. Quality here isn't quite as important as tracks on the project, but obviously we want stuff that still sounds nice. You can make it mostly original, but be sure to mix in bits and pieces from s3k tunes. It could be a medley.

A good length would be around about a minute. Longer or shorter is okay, but I don't want people to have to stream massive files so keep that in mind.

The songs will appear on the bonus tracks section of the site... this is sort of like the "unofficial" third disc, I suppose.

Any questions, just ask!

~Hadyn

One thing... If its in the planning to put up a donation button / banners or similar on the site, i think we all (artists) want a very clear guideline to how that $$ is being used before we agree that its appropriate/approved..

That is ridonkulous. No money can be involved or copy rights explode in the project's face.

One single commercial advertisement or donation button and Sega will be on your asses like Michael Moore on a cheeseburger.

Hah! You silly Swede. There's no money to be had here. The only payment you'll get will be the ego boost thanks to countless n00bs registering new accounts just to say how much one out of the 50000 tracks is great. :\

Im not looking for any $$... but i did notice that the remix project "the american album" something, had a donation button on it, so i was just bringin it up you silly.. I figured there may have been thoughts about putting one on.

It's gonna take me a while to think of another, if you put it that way. That's been the working title since I started the whole thing.

Maybe when I add the final bits I will more than likely ask someone else for a title, because you know in the past 2 months if not more, most of my titles plain out sucked :?

Hah! You silly Swede. There's no money to be had here. The only payment you'll get will be the ego boost thanks to countless n00bs registering new accounts just to say how much one out of the 50000 tracks is great. :\

Im not looking for any $$... but i did notice that the remix project "the american album" something, had a donation button on it, so i was just bringin it up you silly.. I figured there may have been thoughts about putting one on.

Well, I don't know for sure, but seeing as "the american album" was an effort by Mazedude alone, he probably just had a donation button because it was on his website. It most likely didnt have anything to do with his project.

Well, I don't know for sure, but seeing as "the american album" was an effort by Mazedude alone, he probably just had a donation button because it was on his website. It most likely didnt have anything to do with his project.

Just clearing things up, it was intended for the project. The American Album was originally intended for a OneUp Studios release, legalised and everything. Circumstances made Mazedude change that to a free release, instead putting a donation system to get some money back from all the work he put in. He could do that legally because it wasn't directly involved with the music, more a 'on the side, give money because he deserves it' thing.

Why isn't "Sonic" part of the thread title? Who actually associates "Project Chaos" with Sonic automatically? Anyone who likes Sonic probably won't even realize that this thread has anything to do with the game. Though I guess if you're trying to keep the project a secret, this could be a good idea. :?

Just clearing things up, it was intended for the project. The American Album was originally intended for a OneUp Studios release, legalised and everything. Circumstances made Mazedude change that to a free release, instead putting a donation system to get some money back from all the work he put in. He could do that legally because it wasn't directly involved with the music, more a 'on the side, give money because he deserves it' thing.

AHA!! Well, there we go. Mystery solved.

Hey, at least it's less cheesy than Hedgehog Heaven ;) Besides, Sonic gamers know that they go after the Chaos Emeralds, so it'll all fit. k?

Haha. I don't know, Headgehog Heaven seems ok to me. I don't mind the name Project Chaos, but was thinking a thread title like "Sonic: Project Chaos" would have made more sense and get more people aware; like they have for Doom, Kirby, Dragon Warrior, etc. I didn't know about Chaos Emeralds, I don't read magazines on games when I play them, but alot of games have chaos; so I'd still say it's not a very distinctive title. Most games are about shooting things and blowing things/people up (eg. chaos), so that would only narrow it down to like a million games... right? Sounds like a fun project anyway, can I expect to hear alot of people causing havoc and blowing instruments up in the tracklist? ;)

Nice name BTW Rexy. What happends when I run your program? Can I add it to the ascii menu in my batch file? :lol: