Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

For Snapps

... the Flash website could still go online sooner, as a sort of "coming soon" promo site. I have two very cool background tracks for it which will be enough for starters.

All I need now is whatever info the project directors want to appear on it.

This includes info for the "news" and "about" pages, and perhaps some stuff for the "thanks" and "links" pages, though that can wait until the project release. It's just that, for the site to be made public, I definitely need info for the news and about pages. I think Snapps said he was going to handle this a while ago, so yeah, if you could, now would be a decent time to write up some stuff.

This page is mainly for promotion purposes, more in-depth info will be displayed on the php site later, once I get around to transcoding it. So yeah. Just a paragraph or two about how awesome the project is will be enough :)

~Hadyn

Incase you missed it. All you have to do is spend five minutes writing something, and the website should be good to go online. Well, almost, anyways.

Thanks. The flash website's basically been finished for a few months now, though... I've just been waiting on background music tracks ^^;

Now that I have some decent tracks, all I need is the info from you, snapps, and it can go online for all to see!

The other site though - the coldfusion one... I'm still not sure when I'll be able to switch it over to PHP. I'll aim to get it in time for the project release obviously, but it could be hard. We'll see.

I thought I'd clarify now, incase anyone was confused:

Flash site = Small info site, with animation and background music and stuff. Has basic info about the project and is designed to be releaesed before the project comes out. Basically finished, just need some info from Snapps.

ColdFusion/PHP site = Much more detailed information about the project, contains track list and download locations - is set up so that the project directors can log in and alter/add/delete information such as the track listings, guestbook entries, news posts, links and thankyous, etc. I coded it in a language called ColdFusion, which is what I was being taught at college at the time. The problem is that CF is pretty rare, and servers for it are costly. PHP, however, can do similar things whilst remaining cheap/free to put online. For this reason, I'll probably have to convert the site from CF to PHP, a process that will take a while considering I don't actually know any PHP code yet.

So yeah, that's where I'm at...

~Hadyn

The problem is that CF is pretty rare, and servers for it are costly. PHP, however, can do similar things whilst remaining cheap/free to put online. For this reason, I'll probably have to convert the site from CF to PHP, a process that will take a while considering I don't actually know any PHP code yet.

~Hadyn

Hady-poo:

If you want, get in contact with me, I've a light bit of experience with php and persistent databases (MySQL).

If you can explain to me what your current site does I can figure out which parts of it I know how to emulate and which I can go about learning.

No, I'm not a code-in-my-sleep PHP mastah, but some willingness and knowledge are better than nothing, perhaps? I'm just operating on the assumption you'd like some help.

<3 - phase cactus

DISC I - Main Soundtrack

1. Data Select - KungFuChicken! *CLOSED* - Starting Line

17. Ending Credits(S3 version) - Kanjika+KungFuChicken! *CLOSED*

DISC II - Special Themes

1. Boss 1 (S3 version) - KungFuChicken! and Mythril Nazgul *pending*

3. Boss 2 - KungFuChicken! *CLOSED* - Egg Sequel

9. Desert Palace Competition - Joker *CLOSED* - Heat Blur

Most of what's listed as not done is KFC's stuff. It's no suprise, given what he's been through recently (and the number of songs he has claimed). It would be nice to get a little more info on where these songs stand in terms of completion.

If it helps I spoke to him the other day about it.

Rexy: KFC, when are you going to finish your songs for project chaos O.o

KungFuChicken: when my life gets back in order, aint no rushing anyway

Rexy: seems like it according to snappleman

KungFuChicken: you should know him

Rexy: I'm sure, yeah

Rexy: but

Rexy: then again of the few songs that are left to be finished, you're covering most of them

KungFuChicken: as far as my songs, don't think they aren't close to completion

KungFuChicken: snap's heard em

KungFuChicken: but I'm not about to add EXTRA stress on my self from a project I started, ya know?

KungFuChicken: when it's done

I don't know who to speak for in this case, but I hope his side of the story kind of aids the situation at hand. Concerning Joker though, I'll be able to PM him about that when I give him his feedback for his CoE track update. :)

ColdFusion/PHP site = Much more detailed information about the project, contains track list and download locations - is set up so that the project directors can log in and alter/add/delete information such as the track listings, guestbook entries, news posts, links and thankyous, etc. I coded it in a language called ColdFusion, which is what I was being taught at college at the time. The problem is that CF is pretty rare, and servers for it are costly. PHP, however, can do similar things whilst remaining cheap/free to put online. For this reason, I'll probably have to convert the site from CF to PHP, a process that will take a while considering I don't actually know any PHP code yet.

~Hadyn

Coldfusion.. bad choice. While it makes your life easier to some extent(if you have the right tools) coldfusion servers are rare, and expensive as fuck, even more expensive than asp.net servers in most cases. Should have gone the php route, cheap, easy and gets the job done.(I'm more of an asp-.net person but I like Php more for non corporative stuff)

If you need help with Php, you can contact me via msn, and maybe can give you a hand.

~Hadyn

Coldfusion.. bad choice. While it makes your life easier to some extent(if you have the right tools) coldfusion servers are rare, and expensive as fuck, even more expensive than asp.net servers in most cases. Should have gone the php route, cheap, easy and gets the job done.(I'm more of an asp-.net person but I like Php more for non corporative stuff)

If you need help with Php, you can contact me via msn, and maybe can give you a hand.

Hey, thanks for the offer.

I had a ColdFusion assignment at the time, so I was killing two birds with one stone. I'm a little annoyed they taught us CF and not PHP too... I mean, when are we ever going to use CF in the real world!? But ohwell...

Phase Cactus is currently helping me out... I think. Actually, I need to check the status with him on that - but yeah, at this stage I think we'll be alright. On the other hand, if things change I'll yet you know, I'm definitely grateful for your offer :)

Probably depends on how the people percept the themes. I don't think the actual melody lines in the two zone stages change too drasticalaly from one another.

If anything there's Angel Island's acts having different keys for their zones, but I've tackled that by focusing on both equally.

Still, I just kinda wish KFC would come through with his tracks soon. The longer we have to wait, the longer my AI contribution would age (was done for nearly a year) and so would some other peoples' songs. O_o()

Probably depends on how the people percept the themes. I don't think the actual melody lines in the two zone stages change too drasticalaly from one another.

If anything there's Angel Island's acts having different keys for their zones, but I've tackled that by focusing on both equally.

Still, I just kinda wish KFC would come through with his tracks soon. The longer we have to wait, the longer my AI contribution would age (was done for nearly a year) and so would some other peoples' songs. O_o()

I just talked to KFC today. He said that he should be settling in in a few days tops, and after that he should easily be able to record his guitar parts and get his songs done.

He's coming through, he's just had shit happening as of late. Be patient.