Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

(...)

There's no reason for you to concern yourself with these matters, nor is your opinion welcome.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must return to searching for pictures of a young Wilford Brimley.

LOL You do have a big inflated ego, don't you? I was just trying to make a point here, or maybe getting some answer to something I didn't know. As the head member of an announced project, you should know that people look forward to what you're doing, have ideas and expect response - I bet you will expect response when this is finished! So try to be more fair and less superstar.

Oh, by the way... if you don't like opinions, why do you use a public forum to discuss your project? There is nothing in the guidelines that would preclude me from enjoying my right to free speech =p

(...)

There's no reason for you to concern yourself with these matters, nor is your opinion welcome.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must return to searching for pictures of a young Wilford Brimley.

LOL You do have a big inflated ego, don't you? I was just trying to make a point here, or maybe getting some answer to something I didn't know. As the head member of an announced project, you should know that people look forward to what you're doing, have ideas and expect response - I bet you will expect response when this is finished! So try to be more fair and less superstar.

Oh, by the way... if you don't like opinions, why do you use a public forum to discuss your project? There is nothing in the guidelines that would preclude me from enjoying my right to free speech =p

Whoah, dude! This is Teh Internetz and such humour (as was clearly being employed there) is commonplace.

Now these people are very busy and have a project to work on; there is no set deadline as it were as quality is the key.

It ain't gonna be finished till it's finished, as a browse through this thread would reveal to you.

So did you guys make the Sonic 3 Act 1 Boss music as a hip-hop track?

Oh... we, could have...

YES, we maybe did... We definately maybe made it a hip-hop track. It's a fo sho possibility.

Don't like to give hints about the songs, eh? :wink:

Oh... we, could have...

YES, we maybe did... We definately maybe made it a hip-hop track. It's a fo sho possibility.

You'll just have to hear for yourself. OR WILL YOU?

It's a possibility that he will definately maybe hear the song for himself.

Well, I was really willing to do another song for the project when SnappleMan asked if I could. We talked about it and decided I'd PM kfc to confirm with him which track to do.

So, a few days ago I PM'd him to confirm, asking him to reply me before thursday so I could have some free time to arrange and record the song, but I got no response, so i'm here to say I will not be able to record the track anymore. Unfortunately I will have very little free time to invest on the song in the near future and the last free day I'll have is 06/15, but I didn't receive kfc's confirmation.

I must confess I was not too much excited about talking to kcf these days because I don't agree too much about the way he's dealing with people on this project, including myself. Clearly it comes from both sides since he read my message but didn't reply.

Well, I was really willing to do another song for the project when SnappleMan asked if I could. We talked about it and decided I'd PM kfc to confirm with him which track to do.

So, a few days ago I PM'd him to confirm, asking him to reply me before thursday so I could have some free time to arrange and record the song, but I got no response, so i'm here to say I will not be able to record the track anymore. Unfortunately I will have very little free time to invest on the song in the near future and the last free day I'll have is 06/15, but I didn't receive kfc's confirmation.

I must confess I was not too much excited about talking to kcf these days because I don't agree too much about the way he's dealing with people on this project, including myself. Clearly it comes from both sides since he read my message but didn't reply.

I dunno, I haven't seen KFC AT ALL these days. He disappears sometimes.

Oh... we, could have...

DUH DUH DUUUUUUUHHHHHH!!!

Of course I will. I'll be listening to this project in my sleep while I dream of playing Sonic 3 and knuckles

Oh... we, could have...

DUH DUH DUUUUUUUHHHHHH!!!

Of course I will. I'll be listening to this project in my sleep while I dream of playing Sonic 3 and knuckles

I'm only asking because I brought it up before and you guys liked the idea. :|

Hey guys,

KFC just called me and confirmed that he has not yet died, but is just insanely busy. He said something about moving to cali, and having to get all that together on top of work and shit, and that he is almost done with all his tracks.

So, basically, he's almost done and he's still dedicated to the project, albiet a little busy.

I'm just the messanger. :lol:

Hellow sonic 3 remixers/arrangers.I've read through a lot of your pages of music and stuf, and it got me thinking of what I as a fan of sonic music would want to hear. So I'me hoping you wont mind me giving you a few thouts on how to approach a few songs.

Firstly, while remixing the flying battery theme did you closely listen to the s&k version of the song? If you did you would notice that every single note of music played in this song is also replayed in the background.The replayed notes are faster than the the song thats easilly displayed up frnot,but its part is delayed to the point that it never catches upto the foregoung music. This is what distingueshes flying battery's music from all other sonic songs.PERIOD. And I think it would be awsome if it was a product of project chaos.

Nextly, with regards to the s&k remix, you could extend the ling of the song by adding different core instrumanst to each replayed aspect of the song i.e make a guitar the laed up first, then when replaying the same notes extend the play of the song adding a sax i.e xennon odysy, adding an orchestral -children voices in the backgrond for flare. I really like children voices in songs in an orchestrated style and

I've not heard this done in a remix yet.

Next,I think the sonic 3 1st boss song should be done in a rap/R&B style and if you pay attention to the notes, Knuckles theme is in there.The problem is that the song has no course to it(which is what I call the best part of a song that is replayed) However it should be done in a radio style or theatrical fashion so as not to include names of the characters i.e knuckles or sonic but should be done in a way that brings people unfamiliar to the series to sing its lyrics.It should be a song of courage,fear,love,and hate.For effect I think the rap aspect of the song should be done by a male artist and the course should be done by a female and in a sort of street fashion.

I had a course in mind for the female vocalist, but no idea for the words to the rapper. It may sound wierd on paper but you might be able to use it. Here it is:

I knooow that you can see iiiit. The darrrkness thaaaat has -come. But when the darkness comes then the time to run is done.....We knooow.. that you- can feellit,the fear insiiide is strong. but if you try- and- run than the darrkness coooomes aloong.Weee know thatchu- can- make iiit!-Just be strong. The strong will survive the wiiicked you-can-do-no-wroong.(followed by the male rapper who says) come-on huh!And the rapping segment would continue.You might also add some sirens into the rapping give it a sort of streets of rage movie feel.

I also imagined sort of a blues sax play in the course background and, again some children voices to really bring out the mellody of the song. I invisiond three variations of the course, the final variation would include the rapper as well as the sax and children orchestra,and the final words after the lady singer would be come-on huh! and a shotgun or something would sound to end the song. Sure the course may deviate from the original and this may be a very long message but I heard some of the music clips in this album and I think it has radio quality to some of the tunes.

Lastly, as for lava reef.I see it has a done marking on it but maybe it's not too late for xennon odysee(I think he wonted a sax in the lava reef melody)I love sax in music and i think it gives songs a bit more reallism. Maybe you should hook up with kanjika and red tailed fox to make an arrangement that has a jazz orchetra feel that could hopefully last 4 minutes or so- I like 4 minute songs because they enable the listener to get the full effect of the music enstead of having it end just when you start to feel it.Maybe start the melody of lava reef with a jazz guitar then a sax a soft melody of orchestra imbetween and a third-final course including both instruments into a piano and/or sax solo ending. Also you may consider starting the song slow at its beggining with only a few instruments and develope the lava reef opening smoothly-as in a smooth jazz- orchestra i.e bryan culbertson and kanjika style.

Any way-and i know this is a lot to write for a project that maybe nearly complete,but as a fan of music,sonic smooth jazz and orchestras I felt the need to offer some advice and see what you musicions think

By the way, as for the 1st paragraph of my message, i was referring to the sonic and knuckles act1 boss theme. It does'nt have to be a short song if you apply the right variations and a lead instrumant or three to it. Anyway, I havent heard your take on the song, but if this site is for the fans to make suggestions to the album a lead instrument such as guitars, sax, and some orchestrated voices into a fast then calm then fast melody would be my advice to the song.

wow you guys reply fast. Hi rexy. You did the angel island remix right..er arrangement right? Will the angel island arrangement and the lava reef arrangement be piano solos.