Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

Lastly, as for lava reef.I see it has a done marking on it but maybe it's not too late for xennon odysee(I think he wonted a sax in the lava reef melody)I love sax in music and i think it gives songs a bit more reallism. Maybe you should hook up with kanjika and red tailed fox to make an arrangement that has a jazz orchetra feel that could hopefully last 4 minutes or so- I like 4 minute songs because they enable the listener to get the full effect of the music enstead of having it end just when you start to feel it.Maybe start the melody of lava reef with a jazz guitar then a sax a soft melody of orchestra imbetween and a third-final course including both instruments into a piano and/or sax solo ending. Also you may consider starting the song slow at its beggining with only a few instruments and develope the lava reef opening smoothly-as in a smooth jazz- orchestra i.e bryan culbertson and kanjika style.

I wanted sax on the album period. We've got piano and guitars all over the place; why not some other instruments to share the fun on one of the best soundtracks of video game music?

Well, as of right now, they have a Lava Reef bonus track with me on sax. But the playing is very out of tune (it got the reject at the judges' panel), so I had to re-work it for a submission that sadly does not have me playing sax :( (if you read the judges' comments, they didn't like the mixture of synthenic instruments and real ones). But Snapple still has the one with me playing sax, and he's never responded to my PMs about whether or not he wants the new one. So he still has that one.

However, my re-sub to the judges is in the next batch of mixes, so hopefully it'll pass there. And hopefully someday I'll re-do the mix so that most of the instruments are actually live ;)

And I'm sure RTF would love a collab doing jazz orchestra...I'll have to chat with him on that one...

Lastly, as for lava reef.I see it has a done marking on it but maybe it's not too late for xennon odysee(I think he wonted a sax in the lava reef melody)I love sax in music and i think it gives songs a bit more reallism. Maybe you should hook up with kanjika and red tailed fox to make an arrangement that has a jazz orchetra feel that could hopefully last 4 minutes or so- I like 4 minute songs because they enable the listener to get the full effect of the music enstead of having it end just when you start to feel it.Maybe start the melody of lava reef with a jazz guitar then a sax a soft melody of orchestra imbetween and a third-final course including both instruments into a piano and/or sax solo ending. Also you may consider starting the song slow at its beggining with only a few instruments and develope the lava reef opening smoothly-as in a smooth jazz- orchestra i.e bryan culbertson and kanjika style.

Working with Kanjika is one of my Remixing ambitions, maybe one day.

As for your feedback, I think the remixers definitely apreciate the interest, and most of your ideas are good, however the project is almost done and 95% of the soundtrack is completed... So you came in a little late. I am taking that Lava Reef idea into acount for an OCR submission tough.

OK. So I get the idea that I'm too late for posting ideas for the project, but is it still ok to post ideas for future remixes and ask question about some of your project work? If it is I'd like to ask you something.

Why was there not a remix of the s&k gamble special stage area? I think it would have sounded great as a sort of parade-ish arrangement.Perhaps some cheering in the background a tuba solo to start things off followed into some trumpets,a sax solo into a drum solo, voices cheering, that sort of thing. But it looks as though the song wont be in the album at all.Was there a reson?

I wanted sax on the album period. We've got piano and guitars all over the place; why not some other instruments to share the fun on one of the best soundtracks of video game music?

Well, as of right now, they have a Lava Reef bonus track with me on sax. But the playing is very out of tune (it got the reject at the judges' panel), so I had to re-work it for a submission that sadly does not have me playing sax :( (if you read the judges' comments, they didn't like the mixture of synthenic instruments and real ones). But Snapple still has the one with me playing sax, and he's never responded to my PMs about whether or not he wants the new one. So he still has that one.

However, my re-sub to the judges is in the next batch of mixes, so hopefully it'll pass there. And hopefully someday I'll re-do the mix so that most of the instruments are actually live ;)

And I'm sure RTF would love a collab doing jazz orchestra...I'll have to chat with him on that one...

Have you tryed mirrorring the styles of well knonw artists such as Herb Albert,Gerald Albright,Peter White,Brian Culbertson, Grover Washington etc. Mirror the best musicions,and work with the best remixers,and you eventually become one of the best. And one more suggestion, aim for making a long radio-style arrangement not just a remix. I just don't like good songs that just cut off at around 3 min. thats all. :)

Why was there not a remix of the s&k gamble special stage area? I think it would have sounded great as a sort of parade-ish arrangement.Perhaps some cheering in the background a tuba solo to start things off followed into some trumpets,a sax solo into a drum solo, voices cheering, that sort of thing.

Generally speaking, mixers chose to mix stuff because they have their own idea of what to do with it - because they want to be creative in their own way. If you really want to request something specific, or anything in general, really, I think the requests forum would be a better place for you.

As far as this specific project goes, it's a little late to really change anything with the tracklist, which was chosen for good reasons (it's all in this forum somewhere), so yeah. I know you're just trying to give advice, but the mixers and project directors are all reasonably competent and all the choices we make are generally for the best. Rest assured, the finished thing will be awesome.

~Hadyn

Ok Hayden,and hi to you as well. I appreciate you guys kind replys to my questions. I'm new here and don't quite know how this oc stuff works or this enternet chat stuff for that matter.

I will look forward to you guys soundtrack.If Hayden sais it will be awsome I'll take his word for it.Bye Rexy,bye Xennon,and red tailed(I hope you do really consider that lava reef orchestra thing I'd look forward to it).And again thanks for your kind replys :D

Ok Hayden,and hi to you as well. I appreciate you guys kind replys to my questions. I'm new here and don't quite know how this oc stuff works or this enternet chat stuff for that matter.

I will look forward to you guys soundtrack.If Hayden sais it will be awsome I'll take his word for it.Bye Rexy,bye Xennon,and red tailed(I hope you do really consider that lava reef orchestra thing I'd look forward to it).And again thanks for your kind replys :D

Why was there not a remix of the s&k gamble special stage area? I think it would have sounded great as a sort of parade-ish arrangement.Perhaps some cheering in the background a tuba solo to start things off followed into some trumpets,a sax solo into a drum solo, voices cheering, that sort of thing.

Generally speaking, mixers chose to mix stuff because they have their own idea of what to do with it - because they want to be creative in their own way. If you really want to request something specific, or anything in general, really, I think the requests forum would be a better place for you.

As far as this specific project goes, it's a little late to really change anything with the tracklist, which was chosen for good reasons (it's all in this forum somewhere), so yeah. I know you're just trying to give advice, but the mixers and project directors are all reasonably competent and all the choices we make are generally for the best. Rest assured, the finished thing will be awesome.

~Hadyn

Ok, Hayden and Hi to you as well.I appreciate you guys kind replys to my questions.I'm new here to the oc and this enternet chat stuff but you guys have made it easy for me to talk to you. Thanks.

Well, if mr.Hayden sais the s&k album will be awsome,I'll take his word for it.Bye Rexy,bye hayden bye Xennon,bye red tailed(and I hope you do considder that lava reef orchestra thing I would look forward to it).And again thanks.

Thanks Hayden, rexy, xennon and red tailed for your kind replys. I am new here,but you guys were really nice.I'll look forword to your album( If hayden sais it'll be good it must be).And again thanks.Bye :D

Wow, a quintuple post. That's got to be a first! Lol, just messin with you.

Cool to see people excited about the project...it seems like we'll never get it done.

Don't say that Kanjika.Besides I'm here speeking to some of the best remixers around.Like you,Xennon,Rexy,Red Tailed Fox,and even Hayden. I almost don't even care about the album now!...Almost.

By the way.Rexy and Hayden. You guys became managers over the project like snapple and kfc right.Does this mean you guys also had the pleasure of hereing all the tracks as well just like they do...I gotta know.

By the way.Rexy and Hayden. You guys became managers over the project like snapple and kfc right.Does this mean you guys also had the pleasure of hereing all the tracks as well just like they do...I gotta know.

It's Hadyn (lots of people make that mistake, don't worry about it), and I'm not really a project manager. I'm just handling website stuff, snapps and KFC are doing all the managing.

Whilst I have access to bonus tracks that'll appear on the site, I'm actually trying to refrain from listening to other tracks until it's released. I want it to be a surpirse :)

Whilst I have access to bonus tracks that'll appear on the site, I'm actually trying to refrain from listening to other tracks until it's released. I want it to be a surpirse :)

Of course, with my track, you will probably won't have to refrain from listening; you just won't be able to :P

And David, it's Xenon. Only one n in there.

You guys mentioned that you sometimes do some of your instruments live.Does this mean you all have access to a studio of some sort.

Oh Hadyn. I know you're keeping the contents of your site for s&k under wraps, but if the project takes another year or so would you ever release anything like an s&k coming soon site?I think chrono symphonic did even before its music was released.Also is it safe to say whether or not the site for s&k is done other than the actuall music?

my computer keeps acting funny so I hope it didint send my replys multiple times again like before.If it did thats the reson why.Oh and keep up the good work guys were all excited about this project of yours,and hope it comes out soon(within the year with any luck) :D

Also,kanjikas little pster or link..howevwer you call it,looks pretty nifty.Is it sort of a prequell to the actuall s&k project site desighn?

And, as I am A curios newbee to this oc site,who's looking forward to what songs.For example,my all time favorite song is lava reef, but I also look forward to the launch base theme( which I feel sounds a lot like mikel jacksons stranger in moscow song) the ending credits theme,and sandopolis.