Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

Snappleman is now 100% project director for the better of the project. I completely stand by this and ask that no one questions me about it. Snap is who should have been running this ALONE in the first place, because without him, we wouldn't have shit because of my practice of irresponsibility. I'm just happy that this shit is close to finished. So welcome your new Head Project Director, who I can assure you can handle the task WAY better than I can.

An unfortunate update...

KFC is no longer on this project. For a very long time now, he's done nothing but derail this thing, made a fool of himself over and over, and has forced me to defend him and the project to the OCR staff when quite frankly, I agreed with them.

I've had to answer the question "Why don't you kick him off already?" for almost a year now. Since he's the one who started this, it didn't seem right to me to kick him off. Thankfully, KFC has accepted what he's been doing and has stepped down (although he's pulling the "It's what I wanted all along!" act...)

It really is a shame for this to happen just a few days before the project is to be released.

There are more things that have forced us to this, but that's all a private matter and this is all anyone else needs to know. Rexy and I will be releasing this project soon. It should be ready for release by this weekend... I thank KFC for the work he did do... it saddens me to have to make this post.

Anyway, the project will be done soon. Thank fucking God. Hopefully now the endless drama and torrent of bullshit will leave with the one who brought it.

...just a few days before the project is to be released. ...

It should be ready for release by this weekend...

THAT'S FUCKING AWESOME.

I just hope that we don't have another Hedgehog Heaven... all kinds of delays and complaints, etc.

I'm saddened to see KFC go. I know that he's been, uh, slowing down the project, but he was extremely helpful with me getting my mix done to the point where it was satisfactory. And from my conversations with him, he's generally an alright guy. I wish him nothing but the best.

10. Endless Mine Competition - jeffreymroberts *DONE* Eternal Excavation

Also, if it's not to late to change this, I'd like to be credited as jmr, not jeffreymroberts.

Ready by the weekend? What the hell? Has anybody been listening to me? How are we possibly going to get all the info together by then? It'll take time to put it all in the site and get it online, and there's testing and stuff that needs to be done first! Anything could happen, you shouldn't make promises like that...

I work a 9 to 5, I don't exactly have time to worry about the site right now, atleast until the weekend - and even then I'm in a pretty hectic period right about now.

I guess that's my bad luck and I'll have to deal with it, but even then the weekend is going to be a very freaking difficult goal to meet.

Is the weekend a realistic goal, Snap? I guess we're hearing 2 different opinions. Maybe you guys shouldn't set any dates yet because all that gets is the annoying "OMG" posts that we just dont need, And then more "I CANT WAIT!2!11!!" posts if you don't meet that deadline.

Everyone needs to have some patience now, and understand that this isn't the only thing in peoples lives right now. I know how it feels to be pushed to get stuff done, and nobody wants that.

Ofcourse it's gonna be on there. He did a damn fine job on it. KFC will still get the credit that's due to him, it's not like I'm erased the fact that he ever had any involvement with this.

Right now I'm gathering all the songs and info together, tagging and naming everything. And then Hadyn and I have to decide how much of the artist profiles will be on there (if at all), and how we're gonna lay things out.

Hadyn has been EXTREMELY patient with us and it's time he got a word in as to how we're gonna finish this thing up. So as soon as he and I can talk, we'll lay out a plan on how to release the project.

I've just finished the PHP/MySQL conversion of Hadyn's coldfusion pages.

He'll have a nice surprise when he wakes up.

Now, I'd like to know if you plan on using my dedicated server for HTTP mirroring, Bittorrent seeding, Website hosting, if not everything, as I have yet to prepare it.

If you want website hosting, tell me soon so I can arrange database & dns (CNAME) handling with my friend who's managing that part.

Else, I'll just need the album archive when it's ready.

Thank you Blueberry, as I said in the PM I sent you, I will accept your kind offer.

Also, anyone who is offering file mirroring, let me know soon, I will (most likely refer you to Hadyn... :lol: ) give you the details so everything can be ready for a universal release.

ALSO I NEED THE FOLLOWING SONGS FROM THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE! PLEASE SEND TO ME EITHER IN WAV FORMAT OR MAXIMUM BITRATE MP3

Daniel Baranowsky - Marble Garden(Song), Boss 1(song and Title)

Kanjika - Hidden Palace(Song and Title) Sky Sanctuary(Song and Title)

chthonic - Special Stage(Song)

Ichitootah -Balloon Park Competition(Song)

EVERYONE ELSE MAKE SURE THAT I HAVE YOU SONG WRITEUPS! ALL I NEED IS A SHORT PARAGRAPH ABOUT EACH ONE OF YOUR SONGS, NO PHOTOS OR BIOS! THANK YOU!

Okay, I now have all the songs in my possesion, minus 2 that are mine. One is Doomsday which I had to restart a while ago because the project was corrupted, and the other is the collaboration with Braincells who is waiting for my drum tracks.

Both are pretty much done, all that's left is some finishing touches and then the process of getting the site ready for launch. This is the time to be paitent. We might release a teaser site to keep you busy and interested while we get finish the full site.

Oh, Kanjika, there's something in your Sky Sanctuary track that I'm not sure about. At the beginning there is a cymbal trail that decays right before the song starts. Did you intentionally put that in there?

I opened the file in Cool Edit and you have a couple markers there, one is marked Noise Floor, maybe you meant to use that as a referance and accidentally left it in? I can take this out no problem, and put a digital silence in its place so the track starts at the same time that you intended it, let me know.