Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

I personally have to do stuff with the final release site, but I'm very busy right now and probably won't get onto it for another week or two. We also need to collect track bio's from each artist, find more mirrors if possible, and get some album cover art. There's probably more than just that, but yeah. I'd say there could very roughly be about a month worth of work.

On the bright side, new tracks will be added to the teaser site soon-ish... probably over the weekend ^^

I personally have to do stuff with the final release site, but I'm very busy right now and probably won't get onto it for another week or two. We also need to collect track bio's from each artist, find more mirrors if possible, and get some album cover art. There's probably more than just that, but yeah. I'd say there could very roughly be about a month worth of work.

On the bright side, new tracks will be added to the teaser site soon-ish... probably over the weekend ^^

More mirrors, huh?

Maybe I should ask the owner of the site I moderate at. Maybe we can help. Can't make any promises, but...

Hey all,

I was wondering, is this going to be an online-only release? Or are you going to do what OneUp Studios did and release it on a mastered CD set and all that good stuff?

We should have like, a special account, PayPal or otherwise, to do stuff like this. People donate, and then the guys running the show can use it to pay for mastering the CDs, getting the album art and all that good stuff, and then sell it to us OCers. I certainly wouldn't mind donating a bit here and there, and then buying the final product.

But great work on the site and the tracks that are there! Can't wait!

-Josh

Hey all,

I was wondering, is this going to be an online-only release? Or are you going to do what OneUp Studios did and release it on a mastered CD set and all that good stuff?

We should have like, a special account, PayPal or otherwise, to do stuff like this. People donate, and then the guys running the show can use it to pay for mastering the CDs, getting the album art and all that good stuff, and then sell it to us OCers. I certainly wouldn't mind donating a bit here and there, and then buying the final product.

But great work on the site and the tracks that are there! Can't wait!

-Josh

You can't.

All the songs are copyright to Sega, and you cannot sell remixed versions of these songs without permission from Sega. OneUpStudios had permission from Sega to sell the songs they remixed. I'm guessing that OCR gets away with this because all the songs are given away without profit.

The album is actually intended for an MP3 release only.

There are two parts to it. the main soundtrack (which is bigger than one CD) and the special soundtrack. So if you want to burn it properly, you'll need 3 CDs.

WHAT? NO LOSSLESS RELEASE?!?

Also: I'd rather have the boss themes on Disc 2 instead of a 3 disc set with loads of empty space. Maybe you could re-arrange the tracks?

I guess none of that matters to those who use MP3 players...

WHAT? NO LOSSLESS RELEASE?!?
you don't need that.
I'd rather have the boss themes on Disc 2 instead of a 3 disc set with loads of empty space. Maybe you could re-arrange the tracks?
maybe you can burn CDs REARRANGING THE TRACKS AS YOU WISH

you can even put Britney Spears between Hydrocity and Marble Garden if you want. it's not like that you download an 80 minutes long mp3. come on.

you don't need that.
True, but I want it. Especially since the remixers (or at least I did, for both my track and Hetcenus' Ivory Gadget) sent in full-quality wave files.

If there's going to be no lossless release (wave, flac, shn, ape, or otherwise), at least the mp3s will be encoded at a decent bitrate.

maybe you can burn CDs REARRANGING THE TRACKS AS YOU WISH
I know I could do that. But if there's going to be printable artwork... it's not as easy to re-arrange the tracklisting.

Meh, I'm just nitpicking. In the end, it doesn't really matter how it's released... just that it is. Soon.

Oh stop whining guys. If you want it on CD so badly instead, burn it as a mp3/file CD instead of audio. Problem solved, you'll have all the tracks on a single CD :) And if you don't have any way of listening to a mp3 CD and only audio, well... sucks to be you!

Geez, what's with people nowadays, being lazy and not using their common sense...

For the album art cover, has anything remotely specific been requested? Style, mood, required elements, etc.?

As for the tracklisting, it doesn't have to appear on the backcover, if there's more than a front side made.

Well, talked to the top admin Thrawn, he says it sounds like a good idea.

So, how about it? Would you guys care to have the album mirrored courtesy of DigitalPandemic? The server is very powerful...

thrawn147@gmail.com is his email. Talk to him, he'll hook you up. We have two servers. One is in California, that has a terabyte of monthly transfer. We also have one in the UK, which is unlimited. :)