Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

When this project was introduced way back in March of '05, I was ambitious and I was just learning how to do this type of thing. I finished and submitted something that really was pretty bad (well, it was the first song I'd ever made), and I'm really quite grateful that someone better than myself now has the track I had done then.

Now, to put it simply, I know what I'm doing - I've done many originals and I may attempt another remix at some point - maybe an OCR submission. But really it was this project that got me going and it helped me to learn a lot about the process. At any rate, I think it's great that this project has finally, finally been finished and will be released soon - and I want to extend a hearty congratulations to all the remixers in the album for providing what may look to be the best project yet.

P.S. - Excellent site - very slick and professional.

This is OCR, there's no benefit to a loss-less release. A high VBR mp3 is as good as it gets.

Such as using LAME 3.97b2 with the high-quality -V 1 --vbr-new setting? Or something similar?

I'm always dissapointed when I see a project releasing ~128Kbps MP3s and no lossless counterparts so I can encode them at a better setting. So it's nice to see you're thinking about the sound quality!

Oh, and the website rocks. Hope the project turns out to be just as rad. ^_^

A bit of an update. I've been on vacation for the past few days. Most of my time has been spent trying to get some kind of setup going on this slow ass PC.

As soon as I configure a decent workspace and figure out what I'll be able to actually use, I'll start putting the finishing touches on the project and we'll be able to launch.

A bit of an update. I've been on vacation for the past few days. Most of my time has been spent trying to get some kind of setup going on this slow ass PC.

As soon as I configure a decent workspace and figure out what I'll be able to actually use, I'll start putting the finishing touches on the project and we'll be able to launch.

Hell yes.

Man, even I am excited about the release. Hurry up snapple lol. :D

I usually hate my own remixes for a couple of months after they are done.. after that ill be able to listen to them and actually judge them for what they are.. luckily for this project, that period has already passed, so ill be able to enyoy my own remixes to! thats a plus.. hehe Its gonna be really interesting to hear the other remixes, i have barely heard anything from the project...

You hate the remixes you do during the first few months of its "life"? How does that work? Poor unwanted babies...

well, its because i listen to them to death while working on them... so i get sick of them... and its hard to not hear the things that didnt get as good as i wanted.. but after a while you learn to accept it as a finished piece of art...

I just had an idea about the release...

to save bandwidth during the first rush days, why don't we upload the project on rapidshare? it can stay there for a month, and then it can be deleted.

this will help to save bandwidth from the other mirrors.

to save bandwidth during the first rush days, why don't we upload the project on rapidshare? it can stay there for a month, and then it can be deleted.

Could also just torrent. Easier than radipshare (probably faster, too, if my past rapidshare experience is correct), IMO.

Could also just torrent. Easier than radipshare (probably faster, too, if my past rapidshare experience is correct), IMO.

Noble Idea, but I honestly think that rapidshare is shit. If we WERE to go the route of free hosting, file front or something along those lines would probably be better.

Noble Idea, but I honestly think that rapidshare is shit. If we WERE to go the route of free hosting, file front or something along those lines would probably be better.

There's also FileWire.com. Just putting my two cents in.

I have unlimited bandwidth on 3 mirrors... I've already released a video that generated more than 60 GB of bandwidth in less than 15 days. Besides, one of them will also act as a bittorrent seed...

The project's teaser site generated less traffic that I had originally planned, so I think we can handle it without free hosting websites.

My main mirror is a dedicated server, with a dedicated pipe at 100 Mbits... which means it can deliver up to 1 TB of data per day.

SnappleMan told me there was 4 mirrors, not counting the two more I set up in case the website would be down.

I seriously doubt bandwidth will be an issue.

Anyway, you can always test my bandwidth here : tell me what speed you get, what speed you usually get on other mirrors, but so far I've been getting around 9 MB/s to various servers around the world.