Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

So, how close are we to release? It looks like there's still a few WIP/Betas. Or is it still 'When it's done'? :)

The first rule about the release: Don't talk about the release.

Because, there is no release. This project is a prank.

Two new ideas for the back have been uploaded, feedback please. ( http://www.espiox.net/current.html )

As for the track listing..., I'm not sure. There's an awful lot of information to list there and I'm having a hard time making it look good.

EDIT: I don't reallyhave time left to make adjustments before I leave in the morning, but please leave feedback in this thread, by PM or by commenting on my blog.

Two new ideas for the back have been uploaded, feedback please. ( http://www.espiox.net/current.html )

As for the track listing..., I'm not sure. There's an awful lot of information to list there and I'm having a hard time making it look good.

Please try to include them: it's important that the people who arranged the songs are properly credited on the artwork. Try shrinking the logo on the right, which would give you more room to work with as far as tracklisting.

I'm going to try that. I realize how much work went into these tracks and I intend to properly credit the mixers. Even if I don't get it onto the back, I'll be including all that kind of info on the insert.

also, since the tracks will be on 2 CDs, you don't need to write all of them on the same cover.

2-cd case?

I may end up creating a two-case option, but I'm making this one with a double case in mind.

Nice artwork, hobo. I really like the simple design.

I have a few suggestions though:

- I hope you're working in a higher resolution than the 450x450 previews you are showing.

- Unless you are designing your back label for a non-standard jewel case, keep in mind that the back is not square. I personally use 1284x1000 for most of my cd labels. That size includes the two tabs on the back label. With this larger size, you have more room for your tracklisting.

- You may also find these templates useful:

http://duplication.discmakers.com/action/DownloadsView

I just need to make sure you know about DPI settings.

Screen stuff displays at 72 dpi - dots per inch - whereas print stuff displays at a much higher, sharper 300dpi. When you set the canvas size in a program like photoshop, you have the option of setting it to 300dpi to start with. Do this. If you simply increase the size later, ps will go all shitty and do a bad, pixelated interpolation, because it has to create information about pixels that didn't exist before.

That's it in a nutshell... So yeah. 300dpi = the way to go.

Other than that, nice work. We'll link this from the project site when it's done :)

the album art is really good, i love how the s&k logo lights up like that...

my favorite of the back album cover is the logo with no eyes, if my input has any effect on your final decision...

also, i think in the bottom right hand corner u could put one of those compact disc logos, and make it look all official... or you could put the track names in the center, and have the faded logo in back of it

samplebw3.jpg

^^that's a half-assed 2 minute job of what i saw in my head. so maybe that for the back, idk whatever

and i'd also like to see what it looks like with project lit up red, and chaos lit up blue, for the contrast against the character above it, if u know what i mean...

but whatever, just adding my two cents, i think your doing a good job on it so far

1497. since TEN DAYS AGO.
YAY, GO 1498!

also, a few lines in the writeup are interesting, so djp is aware that there are some projects ready to be released.

now I'm getting more optimistic, I believe that Project Chaos can be released within August :D

SHHH, don't jinx it!!

And as a site icon idea, I've got the S&K logo taken off the S3&K Collection for the PC:

http://digamejh.melankolly.com/online_storage/sonicknuckles.ico

Edit: sorry bout the lack of preview. Apparently phpBB doesn't accept .ico or .bmp files

YAY, GO 1498!

also, a few lines in the writeup are interesting, so djp is aware that there are some projects ready to be released.

now I'm getting more optimistic, I believe that Project Chaos can be released within August :D

Dude, he's obviously talking about the Mascot Bio project.

YAY, GO 1498!

SHHH, don't jinx it!!

And as a site icon idea, I've got the S&K logo taken off the S3&K Collection for the PC:

http://digamejh.melankolly.com/online_storage/sonicknuckles.ico

Edit: sorry bout the lack of preview. Apparently phpBB doesn't accept .ico or .bmp files

Well, it dosent really scale well to 20x20 . we would have to clean it up. i have no idea how to pack that much detail into a tiny space like that.