Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

More album art...

projectchaosfrontyd7.th.jpgprojectchaosbackup7.th.jpgprojectchaoscdsty3.th.jpg

And Hello, by the way, I'm am indeed new here (long-time lurker, but never posted untill now etc etc..) but I've been anticipating this project for a long time and one day I just had a sudden urge to load up Illustrator and make blue-sphere-special-stage-themed album art for it (I did it a while ago actually, but never got around to posting it untill now). So here it is. I think it turned out pretty decent.. but really it's my first true attempt at album art so it could just be the newbie in me calling out and telling me it looks good when it really doesn't. :)

If anyone really is interested in this Album art, though, please let me know and I'll take it to the next step and clean it up, finalize it, and set it up in the proper dimensions/resolution (I realize it's way off the way it is right now). It's all been created from scratch through Illustrator so doing that should be a breeze. I'd also, of course, be willing to impliment any suggestions or criticism anyone might have. Of course, if no one likes it at all then I could also just quietly back away and return to my reclusive watch over the happenings of this forum and probably never be seen or heard from again :wink:

The sphere discs are a GREAT idea. I may actually use that for the official project art. On the other hand, I don't like the font, and I think you've used too many effects on the front cover. Keep it clean, get rid of all the bevels and drop shadows, and get rid of the weird directional blur on the tile background, it makes it look too messy.

Keep it clean, and I'll have no problem at all linking this cover from the project site - and as I said, I may actually use that speher idea for the real projhect. Great idea, really. Nicely done.

And as a site icon idea, I've got the S&K logo taken off the S3&K Collection for the PC:

http://digamejh.melankolly.com/online_storage/sonicknuckles.ico

I've already tried to put the S&K logo as favicon, but it looks really bad @ 16x16. Currently, we have the Extra life monitor:

http://www.projectchaos.info/favicon.ico

thats *way* better. i prefer that.

Also giant sphere on the cover = teh sex. Looks really good.

I don't like the font
That's actually the "Andes" font, that is the font used in Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

That's cool and all, but I still don't like it.

This project isn't all about using old stuff. It's about taking old stuff, and making it cool, and an outline and drop shadow do not make that font cool.

On the other hands, there are other ways you could probably use the font in a cool way, but as it stands I just don't like it's use on that cover.

Sorry, but...

NO

God I've always wanted to say that...

11232585363267myod7.jpg

NO (refine/resubmit)

oh, and Hadyn, it's not that I like that font, I was just pointing out a possible reason for Spire to have used it. it makes sense, after all. and it's not bad on the front cover.

I don't like the font
That's actually the "Andes" font, that is the font used in Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

That's cool and all, but I still don't like it.

This project isn't all about using old stuff. It's about taking old stuff, and making it cool, and an outline and drop shadow do not make that font cool.

On the other hands, there are other ways you could probably use the font in a cool way, but as it stands I just don't like it's use on that cover.

I always thought the "Andes" font didn't fit well with the game at all. Very 1920s-looking in a game all about speed and '90s-ish things like snowboarding, Michael Jackson (?), and vocal samples.

("Da-da, da-da-da, da-da! kkkkkkkkk, COME ON!")

More album art...

projectchaosfrontyd7.th.jpgprojectchaosbackup7.th.jpgprojectchaoscdsty3.th.jpg

And Hello, by the way, I'm am indeed new here (long-time lurker, but never posted untill now etc etc..) but I've been anticipating this project for a long time and one day I just had a sudden urge to load up Illustrator and make blue-sphere-special-stage-themed album art for it (I did it a while ago actually, but never got around to posting it untill now). So here it is. I think it turned out pretty decent.. but really it's my first true attempt at album art so it could just be the newbie in me calling out and telling me it looks good when it really doesn't. :)

If anyone really is interested in this Album art, though, please let me know and I'll take it to the next step and clean it up, finalize it, and set it up in the proper dimensions/resolution (I realize it's way off the way it is right now). It's all been created from scratch through Illustrator so doing that should be a breeze. I'd also, of course, be willing to impliment any suggestions or criticism anyone might have. Of course, if no one likes it at all then I could also just quietly back away and return to my reclusive watch over the happenings of this forum and probably never be seen or heard from again :wink:

Danny B didn't do Ending Credits.