Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

Wow. Those are impressive.

I'd have to agree with Mr. Bottle Rocket though. The tails does seem odd. Perhaps his flying stance would turn out better. You said you already had other stanced made for him though, so at least you saw that ahead of time. haha

Either way, I'd buy one of those CDs just because the art looks so nice (and of course because I know the remixes are going to kick ass). Good work!

Wow, well in that case, I guess I'll keep working on these :)

Heres the other images I came up with for Tails,

tailschoiceshs1.th.jpg

I could also go back and try other stances for Tails (or redo one of these) as well if I need to.

I like the first one the most out of those three. Still though, I'm not really feeling it. :/

Maybe the stance Tails makes when turning into Super Tails would look better.

I'm throwing things out there though. They all look badass nonetheless. :D

Heres some new ones, and I also tried adding in some eyes to the original ones as well.

tailschoices2uv3.th.jpg

I wanted to get the balancing stance on there too but I just couldn't get it to look good. I may try that one again later.

Heres some new ones, and I also tried adding in some eyes to the original ones as well.

tailschoices2hs8.th.jpg

I wanted to get the balancing stance on there too but I just couldn't get it to look good. I may try that one again later.

Your link is broken, remove the ".th" to fix it.

As for the poses, I like the flying tails, and the leftmost two on the bottom best, but I'm still not really feeling any of them. I think the balancing stance may really be the best choice.

Oh yeah, I also wanted to post this:

knuxqc9.th.jpg

Its supposed to be sort of a chrome bevel around the character, and each one would have a different type of background overlay taken from the game (I used mushroom hill for this one).

And I'll keep trying with that balancing stance, but I can't promise anything.

Oh yeah, I also wanted to post this:

knuxqc9.th.jpg

Its supposed to be sort of a chrome bevel around the character, and each one would have a different type of background overlay taken from the game (I used mushroom hill for this one).

I prefer a solid color.

also, for Tails' poses, I like the flying one and you already knew that, but also the yawning and the winning one are very nice.

For me, it's between either flying Tails or balancing Tails. I really like the yawning Tails, to be honest, but I don't think that really fits with the project; "this music is so dull it makes me sleepy" etc.

Also, I really like the chrome effect you put on Knuckles. Not so sure about the background though. How does it look as solid color, but with the chrome bevel?

Actually, I've been working on a much more detailed chrome effect. It takes a lot longer to do, and its kinda tedious, but I think you'll like the results.

Sonic|Knuckles|Tails|Mecha-Sonic

And also, heres one final attempt at making a Tails drawing that fits in with the rest of them. If no one likes it, then I'll just go with the flying Tails.. I've gone through 15 different poses for him and I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point. I just get the distinct impression from all of your comments that something just isn't right about it (and I can see that myself as well) but I can't really see what else I could do.

tailsnewplainjq8.jpg

That pose is PERFECT! I love that one. I also like the chrome effect as well.

If I was Snappleman, I would greatly consider that pose of Tails. I think it fits in perfectly with the whole style of the album.

As always, excellent work on these! :D

Well, I was going to actually try applying the chrome to the S&K Emblem (afterall, the original emblem from the game had similar effect on it) as well, so the inside would match the front.. but I just tried it and it looks terrible on the front cover. I guess I should have realized before hand that the styles would just contrast eachother way too much.

So, yeah, I'm not so sure I wan't to leave it on those inside pieces anymore.. we'll see though.

ATTENTION!

I am now starting to evaluate all the songs for volume. I will use a reasonably leveled song as a referance. Since I will not alter the songs in any way except for a simple volume boost/cut, I will most likely be lowering the volume of a few songs to match that of the rest (instead of compressing other songs to make them match).