Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

While we've not posted a single mix for what I believe is the longest period in the site's history
lol:

07-19 Eternal Champions 'Perpetual Motion' by zircon

07-30 Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo 'I Don't Fight Boys' by Malcos, Red Tailed Fox

08-15 Tetris 'Thirty-Plus Mix' by R3FORGED

one month between OCR1497 and 1499... this wait is killing me

Btw, what happened to Metal Sonic? I thought the 1st pose shown/used for the album was pretty cool. Is there a reason why it changed? Had to? Was too detailed compared to the others? Or just because? I'm just curious to know why.

I just changed that because I thought it looked/fit in better, and I also thought it was kinda difficult to make him out in that other pose. But in light of your comment, maybe I was wrong about all of that?

Also, after hearing Hadyn's mix, I've decided to revise my vote, if thats ok. I just edited my original post to avoid confusion.

Maybe i was expecting to see the 1st one, but it took me a few seconds to get what the picture with the 2nd pose was supposed to be. Personnaly i didn't have any trouble seeing what the 1st was, i recognized it right away. Well, for either one, you can easily recognize them if you played the game (or Sonic 2 i guess?). I just thought the 1st one was spiffy and all that 8)

And I have a better mouthpiece now

Oh, what kind?

I bought an Otto Link Super Tone Master - New York; however, with a Vandorean 3 reed, I can't even produce a sound out of it :(. My music teacher is letting borrow his Meyer with toothguard on it until I get good enough to use the Otto Link.

And to make this post nothing short of a PM, I'll cast me vote!

1. Icecap 4 Life

2. Frozen Lavareef

3. Azure Lake

4. Hydrochill

5. Heads up for Tails

My top 5 from the teaser site:

1)Azure Lake[wip]

2)Credits(demo)

3)New beginnings(demo)

4)Lava Passion(Final)

5)unseen beta(demo)

Good luck on the release guys, I've been following it all the way.

Howdy gents!

This is my first post on OCR, but I've been a follower since 2003-ish or so. But I HAD to register to place my vote for Hydrochill (I hope it wasn't already included like that awesome Doomsday mix). I want that song BAD, son!

So, here goes:

1. Hydrochill!!!! For God's Sake!

2. Azure Lake [wip]

3. Heads Up for Tails

4. Water on the Dancefloor

5. New Beginnings (demo)

Love the work OCR and this project's group have been doing, especially! Keep up the good work, guys! :D

-Big OCR Fan

Due to Hadyn's additional WIP, I have revised my vote.

My original vote has been removed from its post to avoid confusion.

1. Sir Nuts - Run for your life knuckles

2. DarkeSword - Sand Cap

3. Hadyn - Heads up for Tails

4. Ichitootah - S3k Sessions

5. Rayza - Azure Lake (wip)

(Previously my number 5 vote was for Joker + Krispy - Unseenbeta)

Well, since OCR 1500 is taking longer than expected, it looks like the project release will have to wait for a bit longer. This gives me time to get back home to NYC and listen to all the songs in peace and quiet, make sure everything is cool.

With the lack of vacation-type activities I'll be able to revise all the release data and all that and syncronize with everyone involved so the release can be as smooth as possible.

I still haven't gotten word from DJP about the 3 songs I'm asking to have posted on OCR, so I'm guessing he'd be too busy to worry about a project release at this time anyway.

Woah, neon-ish, cool stuff. But if there's only 1 design to choose and no multiple possibilities, i'm afraid Spire already won my heart.

The blurred Sonic & Knuckles back side doesn't work so well, it makes parts of the text unreadable. 1st back design is better, and a more sober style seems to suit your design well. Oh, and maybe fix the logo on the front so there's no blue in Knuckles' forehead anymore? Imo it'd look better/more uniform with the rest of the logo.

Yeah, I didn't think the second one worked too well either, I just wanted to see if anyone else liked it. I'll see what I can do with the front logo.

Does anything need to be done to that first back design, or would you say that's ok?

EDIT: It suddenly occured to me that three discs wont fit inside a two-disc case properly, so I'm going to work on another second case design.

Not necessarly, but i'm curious to see how the back would look like if the logo was less blurred. I don't know how much less, and if it'd look cleaner and/or better. Other than that, my half-awake brain can't think of much to add, delete or change at the moment.

Vandorean 3 reed
Vandorans are weird to play.

You should try Rico Royal.

Or a Van 2 1/2 instead of a 3. They're generally a bit thicker/harder (by about 1/2) than Rico, or at least that's what it does for clarinets. Rico Royal is about as good, you're not about to play in an orchestra anyway. If you're familiar with the technique, you could always use a very fine rugged paper to make the Van 3 reed thinner, until you can play with more ease. Or just keep the Van 3 reeds until weaker ones don't make the job anymore.

I've played Rico regular and Vandoran since elementary school, and I play Vandoran 3 now on a Meyer mouthpiece. I'll consider alternate reeds and such, but right now I'm busy getting ready for my last year of high school, so my jazz band arrangement I'm doing is more important than what my solo sound is.

so, the release is going to be after OCR1500, but is there anything else after that? Or is it going to be OCR1500 *BOOM* Project Chaos release? That doesn't seem likely...

so, the release is going to be after OCR1500, but is there anything else after that? Or is it going to be OCR1500 *BOOM* Project Chaos release? That doesn't seem likely...

I just figured OCR1500 would get a week or two of solid exposure in that spotlight box, and then we'd slowly just kinda... slide in. But in a BIG BANG sorta way. :lol: