Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

In case anyone missed it, there has been a mini-forum set up for this project at http://ocrp.kazorum.com

This should allow more orderly discussion about the various & sundry aspects of this project.

It would work better if everyone who's related to this project signed up over there.

Especially KFC (formerly known as Sith), who could then be allowed to moderate that forum.

Good to see everyone's mixes are going well. I haven't posted an updated version of my mixes (by the way, I deleted the original WIP from my site). The reason being... crap, that was in parentsthesis... oh well, the reason being, I scraped those versions in favor of newer better ones. I got the Hidden Palace theme more akin to Christopher Heral's BG&E soundtrack. And I'm goign for a more soundtrack-ish symphonica for Doomsday. I should have updates soon enough. So... p00t!

OK, EVERYONE PLEASE SHUT UP

The track that will be used is the track that Rayza and Sora are doing right now. Which is the Sonic 3 credits. NO the sonic and knuckles ending will NOT be included. There should be NO MORE disscusion about it.

I for one would like to thank you for making this decision. Since the S&K credits music is just a combination of S&K songs that are already being remixed, it is a very good idea to go out with something else. :-)

Thank you, and good luck on your project.

Yes, I'm still alive.

However, my activity (or lack thereof) over the past two weeks may lead you guys to think otherwise. I have a perfectly reasonable explanation (read: not "I'm lazy") as to why I was absent: computer problems. My motherboard thought it would be amusing to die on me, so, short of using "school" computers (I only recently discovered that OCR and some other places I visit aren't blocked), I've been without a computer since April 5th. If all goes well, I should be back by next Saturday (the 23rd).

Just thought I'd pop in and let you guys (mainly sith; you have no idea how glad I am that I got my WIP off to him a day or two before my comp died) know that I'll be back in action soon. Hopefully. :)

other than the fact it's a pc, my computer is fine.

i've just been busy with school, starting a new job, and my free time has been competing with doom3 (me play games? how rare!)

so my progress has been very slow.

but i should be able to pick up the pace on icecap soon enough.

i haven't recorded a single note yet, but i've been playing around with several ideas on my guitar and keyboards.

once i've got the ideas in place, the rest should come naturally.

cheers.

We get told to shut up about the discussion of the credits, yet all of you keep going on talking about how your opinion is better. Look, I still want you guys to work on the Sonic 3 credits, but can you please try the real credits? I can garuntee that some of the hardcore fans that like these remixes will be sorely disappointed. Do you guys care? Probably not. I'm just saying if you are doing this for a little posterity, just take a wack at the S3&K ending (I'm sure KFC will allow that).

BTW: Listen to it instead of assume what the ending is. There are some cool original parts within it.

lol you guys are arguing alot

Well, im just letting you guys know that i'll definitley be updating Sky Sanctuary and the Credits theme (and they'll sound ALOT better). I may not do anything for icecap though....we;ll see. I've bought a new HDD for all my sample libraries and i have to re load just about all the samples into these songs, and i've been busy re-arranging stuff.

Whichever happens, I hope his contributions come around; if not, we may need to throw that to the PRC dogs, like he said :?

Don't know if I said it before but, screw you lot to try and throw a song in PRC direction, it's a good competition dont take fucking advantage of it.

You should calm down.

We not taking advantage of it, we are just suggesting a song for the competition (actually a very GOOD song) and an oportunity for the winner of this good competition to put the song in the project. I don't see anything wrong with it...

Whichever happens, I hope his contributions come around; if not, we may need to throw that to the PRC dogs, like he said :?

Don't know if I said it before but, screw you lot to try and throw a song in PRC direction, it's a good competition dont take fucking advantage of it.

You should calm down.

We not taking advantage of it, we are just suggesting a song for the competition (actually a very GOOD song) and an oportunity for the winner of this good competition to put the song in the project. I don't see anything wrong with it...

For one it'd most likely have been mixed on OC anyways, then there is no suprise in the competition but to find "This week our royal asses have been hijacked by the S3+K project to do a song for them, looks like this week you won't be having any fun then, your work is already claimed" its dumb.

You should calm down.

For one it'd most likely have been mixed on OC anyways, then there is no suprise in the competition but to find "This week our royal asses have been hijacked by the S3+K project to do a song for them, looks like this week you won't be having any fun then, your work is already claimed" its dumb.

I agree with Alex. I participate in just about every PRC for the fun and community of it, but if the other two projects who tried that have seen, each time they tried it, they only got about 3 songs, and with limited quality. Every other week we get about an average of 6 to 9. PRC isnt there to make songs for projects who cant recruit remixers for itself. Personally, I have no fun those weeks, and I dont think many people would even participate.

For some of use Regulars to PRC, we look forward to each week having another song to practice our skill in, and have fun, not to have pressure of making a song for a project.

You know, I'll probably get slapped for asking this...

Is there any chance that we can post links to the remixs in the first post? I'll even go hunt down all the links. :wink:

This somehow got lost in the current debate, but I'll second it.

Links please!