Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos - History

k u n g f u c h i c k e n

This bashing of this project is getting fucking ridiculous :evil:. It's not doing anything but aggravating people and wasting pages. If you're going to bitch at KFC, do it in PM or instant messenges. If you want to motivate the mixers, motivate them by encouraging them to do their best or give constructive critism, dont shit in the topic. I doubt anyone will give this more than a glance after looking at my post count, but I hope someone will. I may not be mixing or really doing much of anything, but i am commenting on a few mixes that I feel like I should, and I consider that helping a bit. To those flaming, you're NOT helping this project.
postcount doesn't really matter, but I quoted this for you if this can make you glad. holy words.

I love S3&K soundtrack and I want this project to grew up, even if I don't like KFC at all.

This bashing of this project is getting fucking ridiculous :evil:. It's not doing anything but aggravating people and wasting pages. If you're going to bitch at KFC, do it in PM or instant messenges. If you want to motivate the mixers, motivate them by encouraging them to do their best or give constructive critism, dont shit in the topic. I doubt anyone will give this more than a glance after looking at my post count, but I hope someone will. I may not be mixing or really doing much of anything, but i am commenting on a few mixes that I feel like I should, and I consider that helping a bit. To those flaming, you're NOT helping this project.
postcount doesn't really matter, but I quoted this for you if this can make you glad. holy words.

I love S3&K soundtrack and I want this project to grew up, even if I don't like KFC at all.

thanks for the quoting :lol: . I made this account because of this project, it's gotten me more involved in OCR. And S3&K is probably my absolute favorite game and I adore every part of it. So I really hope no one doubts my seriousness towards this project.

I don't want to make links avalible like that. I want the remixes to be low profile.

:whatevaa:

I'd really like to know where that quote comes from. That's pretty inexplicable, not wanting people to listen to how the project is progressing. If you are going to make your project public, then you can't expect to keep remixes "low profile" by making people wade through 60+ pages to find them.

Again, if you are going to run a public project, you can't expect to hide WIP's. And I still do not understand why you would even want to do that in the first place...

my experience with the management on this project hasn't really been much different from say...

my experiences on kong, sonic2, doom, kirby, or even smetroid.

i only speak for myself... but i can't say he's been doing anything 'wrong' or 'terrible' from my perspective.

though if you're so vehement that you want to try and convince me otherwise, contact me on aim and not pollute this thread. thanks.

cheers.

Ah, I was waiting for someone to say something like that. Although I wasn't involved in the other projects, I did follow them quite strongly, and it really seems that, if anything, KFC is trying to be more involved than other project leaders.

No one bitched this hard about, say Darkeswords Kirby project, and he only posted in it about once a month at times. The point is, we all knew he was working on it in the background... So why not trust KFC about the same thing?

I guess people doubt KFC's ability simply because he's not a well-known mixer or a judge... which is dumb.

Everything's okay right now. If it gets bad, we'll worry about it then.

Hah, people who weren't involved with KiC don't know shit about how it went down. Binnie was a hardass when he needed to be, and for the most part, alot of the quality tracks were the first ones to be completed. This forced the rest of the team to work their asses off to try and compete with the quality of the more experianced arrangers.

Not only that, but the people who finished hassled the people who weren't done. And Binnie's involvement went much deeper than most of you think.

Once again, could the whole discussion about whether or not the project is doing good, and if yes or not KFC is doing enough for his project to give results, be put aside? Geez guys...

Gimme WIPs to comment on, not a silly debate of opinions like this one >:0

Rexy, the small changes you did to your remix make it sound better. And the only points i'd comment on have already been mentioned before, and in a better way that i'd have been able to tell. I hope you'll be able to work as much on your remix as you've planned to.

I got an update on my Hydro city WIP...

http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=3874

Added some rough vocoder vocals in to the mix...

I'm still working on the last half of the song, so nothing new on that front...

Otherwise, there's more percussion, more instruments, more bass and better mixing.

Read up on all the changes i've done in the WIP section.

Hope u's like it so far:)

Robbie

I don't want to make links avalible like that. I want the remixes to be low profile.

:whatevaa:

I'd really like to know where that quote comes from. That's pretty inexplicable, not wanting people to listen to how the project is progressing. If you are going to make your project public, then you can't expect to keep remixes "low profile" by making people wade through 60+ pages to find them.

Again, if you are going to run a public project, you can't expect to hide WIP's. And I still do not understand why you would even want to do that in the first place...

In other words, like Darke's project, I'm not just going to make a WIP list.

No wait, actually... I will do that. Expect WIP links soon. It would help if all the remixers involved post their WIP links again. Not including analoq, since he wants to directly send me his remix. (If I'm not mistaken)

But once the song is done, the link will be taken down. I am thinking of having people who think their songs are done send the link directly to me for it to be approved.

Hah, people who weren't involved with KiC don't know shit about how it went down.

And people who aren't involved in this project - ie. you - probably don't know shit about it either. Stop being an ass.

Ichi - What did you change from the last version? I can't put my finger on it specifically, and I don't have the old mp3 handy, but there was something about it I think I prefered in the older one ^^;

I agree in that the WIPs must be kept down until the final version. First, offering a crapload of WIPs with pretty much almost no difference between each version will onl pollute the thread. Second, whats the fun of making a project if everybody grabbed the songs before it was finished? this happened with a lot of the tracks for the S2 project. And its the reason I'm not giving away WIPs.

People know what to expect from people like Darkesword, Gecko Yamori, analoq or even me, they don't need WIPs to know if the project will be good or bad.

I agree in that the WIPs must be kept down until the final version. First, offering a crapload of WIPs with pretty much almost no difference between each version will onl pollute the thread. Second, whats the fun of making a project if everybody grabbed the songs before it was finished? this happened with a lot of the tracks for the S2 project. And its the reason I'm not giving away WIPs.

People know what to expect from people like Darkesword, Gecko Yamori, analoq or even me, they don't need WIPs to know if the project will be good or bad.

WIPS aren't finished songs, though. Grabbing them means nothing, as the final product might be completely different. Also, WIP's allow people to comment, offer suggestions, etc. While I can understand wanting to hide finished songs, hiding WIP's doesn't make much sense.

I'm sitting somewhere in the middle on this.

It would be nice if there were a place with all the WIP links.

But it would be nice if it were in a place where only people on the project could access it.

Didn't someone make a forum for the project somewhere else? It could be there =P

If some people want to hear THAT bad what the remixes sound like, just browse around. A few clicks never killed anyone from what i know.

btw i gave some comments about the few last WIPs that have been posted here (just in case somone would accuse me of only procrastinating too), except Helium Stairways... I just don't know what to say about it ^^;;;

WIPS aren't finished songs, though. Grabbing them means nothing, as the final product might be completely different. Also, WIP's allow people to comment, offer suggestions, etc. While I can understand wanting to hide finished songs, hiding WIP's doesn't make much sense.

are you deliberately trying to not understand this?

no one said anything about 'hiding' wips except for you.

there's nothing stopping anyone from getting the wips or commenting on them.

"low profile" just means he doesn't (or at least didn't) want to advertise them by keeping an updated list on the front page.

not really any different from most other projects.

are you deliberately trying to not understand this?

no one said anything about 'hiding' wips except for you.

there's nothing stopping anyone from getting the wips or commenting on them.

"low profile" just means he doesn't (or at least didn't) want to advertise them by keeping an updated list on the front page.

not really any different from most other projects.

Um, no I am not deliberately trying to not understand this. I just think keeping WIP's on a low profile goes against the ideology of posting WIPs in the first place, that being review, suggestion, etc. I suppose you'll say that those concerned enough can wade through the topic looking for them, but going through 60+ pages is limited to the insanely dedicated or those following the project ardently.

So everybody needs to go to page 66 to get mine.

Ivory Gadget, WIP #2: http://hetcenus.sitesled.com/IvoryGadgetWIP2.mp3

Still really low quality, sorry for that. I hope you all don't kick me out... although there were some problems I could've fixed, which I didn't because I had little time to record it (if anybody cares, calculus test coming up). Probably I'll make a better recording by the end of the week.

OK, back to the discussion...