is auto-quantizing an option?

Is there a plugin or feature that exists for auto-quantizing? I'm hoping for plugins that could do so, cus I'm using a really basic DAW that definitely does not have that option. Can you auto-quantize while recording and does it quantize to the time signature pre-set for the project?

My first thought was: If your DAW doesn't support anything like that, look for a real one :D

I don't think you can accomplish that with a VST plugin, because afaik VSTs can't change MIDI data on your host tracks, it only could take the incoming MIDI and delay notes you played too early - but this wouldn't really work with notes that come too late and it would of course be non-destructive.

Host plugins however could do that, but I don't know if these exist for your DAW.

Look into upgrading to Reaper, it's free [essentially - for private use] and it's downright great.

That is assuming that you mean quantizing midi notes and values automatically. If you are talking about audio itself then the only DAW that I know of to be capable to do this is Cubase [i'm sure there is some others that can do it but I haven't looked for this functionality in any other daws so I can't confirm this].