OCR @ Otakon 2011! (July 29, 6PM, Panel 6 + July 30, FF: Distant Worlds!)

Liontamer

No, actually, I can't afford the hotel. I have the money specifically for the hotel as of my paycheck on the 22nd, but that basically wipes me out for buying anything at Otakon, getting food, parking, etc.

I still have my reservation at the hotel, but at this rate, I'm probably going to cancel it anyway. And I tried planning on an alternate trip to the beach, and it's just as prohibitive as trying to go to Otakon for four days. Either way, I'm in a losing situation. The only thing that salvages this entire debacle for me is that I WILL have the money for MAGFest.

I will be attending as both a nerd *and* a chick in skimpy outfit. How's that?

Well I was on the fence before, now it's certain.

Seriously though, I'll definitely be there. Jenner will also be driving down for that weekend, so it's all settled then. It's gonna be awesome! Or, more awesome than last year, I'm sure.

Any get-togethers being planned on that same weekend? There's always something. Come to think of it, Otakon's where I first met a lot of you guys: Jill, Deia, Stevo, Amy, Vinnie, Jarel, Jose... ...ok basically everyone who I didn't first meet at MAGFest. KF

BTW:

OCR Panel is Friday @6PM in panel room 6

(located in the Hilton)

Damn. There's no way in hell I can make that this year. :(

I got work until like 4, and there's no way I can make it through the Beltway from NoVA to Baltimore and make it in time during Friday Rush Hour.

I'll be around in Otakon on Saturday, though, and I'll be wearing my OCR shirt. So if any of you see me, come up and say hi!

Had a lot of fun at the panel. It was nice meeting some of you, and it was awesome even with the technical difficulties.

Feedbacks:

- You should probably check the levels on your live stuff in the audience in advance (violin was loud as all fuck) but still had a blast.

- Needs more Liontamer. Perhaps try cloning him.

Had a lot of fun at the panel. It was nice meeting some of you, and it was awesome even with the technical difficulties.

Feedbacks:

- You should probably check the levels on your live stuff in the audience in advance (violin was loud as all fuck) but still had a blast.

- Needs more Liontamer. Perhaps try cloning him.

Ha! I do, in fact, need a clone.

Sorry about the levels. For some reason, we weren't able to get a proper audio check before the panel, and the audio was only able to be connected 8 minutes after the panel was already supposed to have started. So whoever was on Otakon staff that was managing the levels didn't have much time to refine things before we had to get moving with the performance. :-)

That said, we're really glad you were feeling it overall! To next year and beyond!

Had a great time at the panel. Was the guy with the Saiyan beard in the contest that didn't get the last song this year/the Chozo from last year that faired much better. Post up some video or pics if you got them. (Or any video from last year! I haven't been able to find any.)

I was too tired to post earlier, but I want to say I really enjoyed the panel this year, plenty of great news and exciting announcements. I'd also like to add that I'm the guy who had all of you sign my PS2, I really appreciate it! And yes the signatures are still visible in the right light :D

I was too tired to post earlier, but I want to say I really enjoyed the panel this year, plenty of great news and exciting announcements. I'd also like to add that I'm the guy who had all of you sign my PS2, I really appreciate it! And yes the signatures are still visible in the right light :D

This reminds me... one of y'all still has my silver sharpie!

Oh well, I got a Sonic: Sound of Speed album and the Touhou one, so we'll call it square.

Awesome panel, by the way. Awesome OCRWTFBBQ. Awesome everything. I always love seeing you guys and look forward to the next time! KF

[iNITIATING CORNY SENTIMENT PROTOCOL]

Besides leaving behind a copious amount of recycling, some earbuds, a capo, and a random sweatshirt, the people who shared my homestead for Otakon 2011 left some of the most fantastic memories. BBQ was absolutely off the hook, Distant Worlds was awesome, the Nobuo interview was pretty unreal, the panel absolutely rocked (despite some sound issues), I had $44 dollars shoved down my shirt by the audience, hibachi was hilarious, and just playing games and hanging out in-general made the weekend a complete success.

Looking forward to having the same experience next year. Only better. Times 10.

And to those who were at the panel, thanks for being an amazing audience!

[iNITIATING CORNY SENTIMENT PROTOCOL]

Besides leaving behind a copious amount of recycling, some earbuds, a capo, and a random sweatshirt, the people who shared my homestead for Otakon 2011 left some of the most fantastic memories. BBQ was absolutely off the hook, Distant Worlds was awesome, the Nobuo interview was pretty unreal, the panel absolutely rocked (despite some sound issues), I had $44 dollars shoved down my shirt by the audience, hibachi was hilarious, and just playing games and hanging out in-general made the weekend a complete success.

Looking forward to having the same experience next year. Only better. Times 10.

And to those who were at the panel, thanks for being an amazing audience!

What a joke!