Move over Rebecca Black

Skrypnyk

The lyrics aren't laugh-out-loud retarded like Friday's, though ("gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal"), nor is the metric flow of the words as bad as in Friday, nor does the subject matter seem vaguely inappropriate to the genre as in Friday. They're Norwegian, too, so there's at least a possibility that they're just not that good with the English language. The people who wrote Friday have no such excuse.

... but, oh dear, key changes like that have no business existing.

At least Friday has an excuse, what the hell would you expect a 13 year old to sing about, sex, love, or her life experience? Not that I liked it, I only saw the first 10 seconds of Friday >_>

But this one... she... I mean the first words of this song just weirded me out. "I'm a little pretty girl trapped in a woman's body" >_<

How come I can make shitty songs and not be famous?

I heard in Black's interview her parents forked over some sum of money in order to produce and promote Friday. Regardless of everyone thinking it's crap, at least it's professionally produced crap. This Tonje lady... well I hope this wasn't too expensive for her to produce.

• 4 months later...

That was a rapper which makes this a real song!

Dear god, I can rap better in my sleep. With a pillow in my nose. Drowning in a vat of butter. with bacon.

I could go into all the reasons its bad (boring chords, god-awful singing, weak soundscape) but why bother? It sucks.

AND WHY DOES THIS GET A MILLION VIEWS AND I GET NONE :evil:

Internet... what to do with you.

Why are you bashing this girl again? Was the first round of extremely disturbing and genuinely concerning free-for-all abuse of a young teenage girl by hundreds of thousands of intelligent, seemingly emotionally mature, grown adults just because they could do it and get away with it not enough that you have to vent life's frustrations and sexual inadequacies towards the easiest recent target the internet has ever known again?

Listen up America - we have bigger problems to worry about than some girl who can't sing. Put your frustrations into politics and do something about the upcoming problem where we have to choose between a President who barely accomplished shit, if at all, or a rotating list of GOP genuine fuckin' crazy people EACH ONE CRAZIER THAN THE LAST.

Bash and vent towards problems that need REAL attention for once.

Listen up America - we have bigger problems to worry about than some girl who can't sing. Put your frustrations into politics and do something about the upcoming problem where we have to choose between a President who barely accomplished shit, if at all, or a rotating list of GOP genuine fuckin' crazy people EACH ONE CRAZIER THAN THE LAST.

Bash and vent towards problems that need REAL attention for once.

Strong opinions on music and politics are not mutually exclusive. I'm curious, what exactly do you expect "bashing and venting" on an internet forum to do to change our political landscape?

Strong opinions on music and politics are not mutually exclusive. I'm curious, what exactly do you expect "bashing and venting" on an internet forum to do to change our political landscape?

You sir, are a genius.

EDIT: Thank God for in-browser spell check