OCR00585 - Castlevania "Simon Belmont's Garage"

orkybash

Castlevania 'Simon Belmont's Garage'

This mix really isn't my style, but It's a well done mix nonetheless. Industrial drums combine with a garage-style guitar and bass combo here, as well as synths and, at one point, something that sounds for all the world like someone just 'cut the cheese'. Also, you gotta love the "another one bytes the dust" interlude, which fits in perfectly and is sure to bring a smile to those that know the song. Overall, its well worth checking out, though it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

• 5 months later...

I have been waiting to find a really rockin' remix of this Castlevania tune, and now I have found it thanks to Rosencrantz & guildensterN. I especially like the synth and the guitar, as they work together to make a great remix. Am I mistaken, or is there a brief, subtle reference to Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust" thrown in there? Very clever, and a very good song. I recommend it to all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hrm. This peice is definately different, if nothing else. But fortunetly thats not the case, as the song is pretty good. It changes style many times throughout the song. I found the small Queen section added in a nice touch, but as someone else already stated...the farting noises....arnt exactly the greatest thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Excellent guitarwork and drumwork. I honestly have nothing to complain about there; the execution and arrangement is great, and the listener is assaulted with a good amount of rockin' audio. But the farts/burps (or whatever the other noises were) were just plain stupid, ruining an otherwise amazing remix. Perhaps replace them with synths, even if the synths are weird sounding.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

One of my favorite mixes from way back when, part creepy, part experimental, part goofy, part fuckin metal. Honestly, some of the goofy aspects of this mix could turn people off to it, but I find the overall presentation quite cacophonous and joyful.

This is some crazy schizophrenic shit is what I'm trying to say. One of the mixes that inspired my own FFX-2 remix, this is a wall of intense crazy sound.

You'll either dig it or you wont, imo. I do.

• 1 year later...

The mix starts out pretty solid, getting right into things. The bass sounds pretty flat and flubs a ton, however. Should have re-recorded it. Great guitar tone though.

Actually as the mix progresses, it gets sloppier. By the halfway point it is pretty messy, though the breakdown is a nice change.

Fart noises need to go. :/

Pretty nice solo, the amount of wheedilies is staggeringly high.

The high point of this mix is the guitar tone, and it sounds like a messy WIP rather than a completed mix.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00585 - Castlevania "Simon Belmont's Garage"