X-Men: First Class - nothing after the credits.

ambient

Just saw it, I really liked it. Magneto was totally awesome in this film. It was kind of cool to see an innocent and sweet Mystique who just wanted acceptance. I'm so used to her being a deceptive, self sure, gun toting, ninja-death-lady.

Darwin seemed to die surprisingly easy for someone with the power to survive and adapt to anything... Also how the FUCK did Magneto manage to crack Emma Frost's diamond form using only a metal bedpost!? Unless she only calls it diamond to sound cool and it is really just rhinestones or cubic zirconia she turns into.

Just saw it, I really liked it. Magneto was totally awesome in this film. It was kind of cool to see an innocent and sweet Mystique who just wanted acceptance. I'm so used to her being a deceptive, self sure, gun toting, ninja-death-lady.

Darwin seemed to die surprisingly easy for someone with the power to survive and adapt to anything... Also how the FUCK did Magneto manage to crack Emma Frost's diamond form using only a metal bedpost!? Unless she only calls it diamond to sound cool and it is really just rhinestones or cubic zirconia she turns into.

You can break a diamond with any object that is close in hardness. Metal has a much higher tensile strength (crystalline structures are usually hard to cut but easy to shatter), so technically this is feasible. I've seen a diamond chip just from hitting a counter too hard...

Then again we are watching a movie about people that can read minds, and shoot glowing plasma hula hoops. So anything is possible.

Great movie, one of the best comic book films I've seen yet. Two thumbs up from me. A nice amount of complexity and some emotional insight into how Magneto became, well, a comic book villain. One question my Dad had though when we were driving home... why didn't Eric try to kill Shaw earlier? Like during all the torture etc.? That is kind of a big plot hole. I have to admit, I was confused myself when he killed the other two guards at the beginning of the movie, but then just let Shaw hold his hand. Yes, I'm sure we could create some explanation for it, but overall I'd say that's a plot hole.

Great movie, one of the best comic book films I've seen yet. Two thumbs up from me. A nice amount of complexity and some emotional insight into how Magneto became, well, a comic book villain. One question my Dad had though when we were driving home... why didn't Eric try to kill Shaw earlier? Like during all the torture etc.? That is kind of a big plot hole. I have to admit, I was confused myself when he killed the other two guards at the beginning of the movie, but then just let Shaw hold his hand. Yes, I'm sure we could create some explanation for it, but overall I'd say that's a plot hole.

I assumed it was, in the opening bit, because he couldn't control his powers (I think crushing the guards' helmets was just a result of generally making every metal object in the room go berserk and not specific intent) and then, in the subsequent training that wasn't shown, because he recognized the value of the training, although that still wouldn't explain why he didn't go for the kill after he felt he had sufficient mastery of his powers. Maybe the war ended and training was interrupted before he reached that point.