ZONE OF THE ENDERS HD and mgs hd collection FOR 360 AND PS3!!

Brushfire

Saw this the other day. I was also curious why MGS1 was left out, I'd say maybe its because they didn't want to redo the MGS1 assets, but they already did for Twin Snakes so theres very little reason Twin Snakes couldn't of been in the bundle. Maybe some licensing thing? Oh well, still really cool bundles either way

Also adding: Mega64 = Awesome. I was going to post their video in this thread but it was already here

Because PS1 graphics would look too horrendous in HD? Maybe?

More likely Nintendo has some type of ownership interest in updated versions of it. Kojima said Twin Snakes was the definitive version of MGS 1, so that would be the version they'd want to use, but Nintendo might have a legal interest in it for a few more years.

Maybe something to do with Silicon Knights as well? Who knows, I'm really excited to play ZOE again. I've been thinking about picking up 2nd runner lately and this is a welcome surprise. I doubt I'll buy the HD versions of MGS unless they improve or add some features. I saw this on another forum, about how the HD MGS collection is basically making the 3DS port of MGS3 useless. Value wise too, because I'm sure MGS3 Naked sample or whatever, will be 40 bucks alone.

Considering there was no joint Konami/Silicon Knights/Nintendo remake of Silent Hill, I would say it's unlikely that MGS1 isn't included because Nintendo has the rights to Twin Snakes, thought they may indeed own portions of what Twin Snakes contains. Being PSX games is the big thing those two games have in common.

In any event, as great as it is that they're rereleasing these old games as HD ports, I would've loved to have seen 'GCN Resident Evil calibur' remakes of MGS (with MGS4 or greater graphics) and Silent Hill (SH5 graphics) but yeah, it's far easier to just port stuff with better textures. Then again, we kind of DID get MGS1 in MGS4 graphics already.

I forgot: They can still sell you the PS1 version of MGS1/Silent HIll on PSN, so thats probably why no effort to remake them for this collection. Still leaves 360 owners out though, but oh well. I'm sure there is also probably some PS2/PSP -> PS3/360 tools they developed and just didn't feel like making it fit for PS1 too

Because PS1 graphics would look too horrendous in HD? Maybe?

They look fine in an emulator in "HD". Better then the sub SD resolution originals at least

maybe they're planning something else for MGS1 for the 25th anniversary of the series next year? i remember seeing news stories pop up about kojima saying they had "something big planned" for next year.

Could be. I'm more hoping for a remake of Metal Gear 1/2 (MSX) though.

On the subject of this HD collection rendering the 3DS version of MGS3 unnecessary, I think it could go either way. People are going to be looking for titles to play on their 3DS, and I think MGS3 is a hell of a game to invest in, even if it's just to see the 3D effect add-ins. I know it's my favorite MGS game, so I'll probably be getting both the HD collection AND the 3DS one.