ZONE OF THE ENDERS HD and mgs hd collection FOR 360 AND PS3!!

Brushfire

So I'm assuming, since it says Sons of Liberty and Snake eater, that the awesome extras from Substance and Subsistence won't be included? Alright, surely not the entire ports of the MSX games, but the Ape Escape minigame, the extra VR missions and Snake Tales would be nice.

Also, by "Takes advantage of the right analog stick", I'm very much hoping this means they've given MGS2 Subsistence's camera system.

As for ZOE, I've never touched it. Am I right in assuming it's good, then?

Ugh. "Take advantage of the right analog stick" does indeed sound like camera work but I for one hope it isn't that. Whenever you play ANY game with a free camera, the camera always spins to look in the direction you're going. I know that makes the most sense but the result is that you play an entire game with a nice environment without ever being able to see it clearly because the camera was spinning all around the whole time. The MGS3 and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow cameras are far superior in my opinion. You can play from more interesting angles if you let the programmers set it.

Anyway, I don't mean to sound like a rant. That's my opinion and the reason for it.

Also, "something big for next year" would have to be something new for me to get excited. I can't imagine any other remake after these 2 HD collections that I'd like to play. I haven't played Metal Gear 1 or 2 for the MSX though.

Is MGS5 the same as MGS Rising?

Is MGS5 the same as MGS Rising?

nah, unless they plan on changing their position on that in the future. so far it's always been stated to be separate from MGS5, like a spin-off from the main series. nothing's been announced about MGS5 yet.

I've only played the 2nd one and it was freaking awesome. Except the main theme song is annoying and the game is waaaaaaaaaaaay too short.

First one was also way too short. I recall being able to beat it in like an hour or two, but it was so long ago that I could be wrong. Regardless, they have generally been well received games.

Beyond The Bounds is a great song!

I think ZOE 2 didn't use the grab/throw mechanic enough, and the times it was used were really obvious and felt forced most of the time. I do think the usefulness of the other abilities was pretty good. ZOE 1 had all these sub-weapons that didn't really have a practical use. ZOE 2 made sure there were specific reasons you need all the sub-weapons.

Because PS1 graphics would look too horrendous in HD? Maybe?

Also, sad face at this thread for not mentioning the Silent Hill HD Collection. Silent Hill 2 and 3. No PSX Silent Hill. Hmm.

Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill are already released on the PSN as PSOne Classics. For PS3 owners, whom the ad is clearly marketed towards, having MGS on disc would be a redundancy. Choosing to go with Peace Walker was a smart decision in my book.

I'm assuming that complaints about the lack of MGS here are coming from those XBOX360 owners who didn't own a PSX/PS2 or didn't own the Metal Gear Solid Collection. I'd rather there be an omission of MGS in favor of having MGS3: Subsistence. (Please, Konami?)

HD Silent Hill 2 and 3, huh? I guess that's what this was all about then.

Whaaaat? You don't like Beyond the Bounds? It's so creative!

How long do you think it should be? I thought it had plenty of levels.

Well I thought beyond the bounds was a good song except for the verse singing is awful in my opinion. I should've been more specific.

As for length, it is too short. I don't really know how long I think it should be. I never owned the game, just rented it for a week. I finished it in just a few days of having it though. Thing about that is, despite my love of game music, I don't really play games a whole lot. So usually if I can finish a game in just a few days, that's a sign it's too short lol.