OCR02293 - *YES* Mega Man 9 'The Skull Fortress'

DragonAvenger

Nice big opening, but a weird transition; it felt like it dropped a beat or something. Um, otherwise, this is kickass. Great solo, cool additional bridge section, and overall it rocks a lot. When I first heard the source I actually thought "This sounds like something Sixto should remix". Since apparently Sixto is reading my mind to take requests, do some FFMQ stuff next, please. ;-)

Yes

• 2 weeks later...

Andrew hit all I would have said. Definitely fits Sixto's style just right, and he did a great job with it. It does feel like there might be a lost beat in the intro, but nothing terrible. Just like his other mix, I think this one fits pretty cookie cutter, and I'm hoping you take a few risks in your next sub!

Since we're throwing requests at Juan, Legend of Mana please!

YES

• 1 month later...

Love the energy that Sixto always brings to his tracks. Guitar work is the highlight here - love the tone and fantastic performance. Drum work is also super solid here. Arrangement doesn't take a big detour from the original, but he's taken his own tack on the progression and brought regular (awesome) sixto performance flourishes.

A couple nitpicky issues: compression was a touch high here, mostly evident on the drums. Though they still sound great to me. Also, I wasn't totally sold on the counter-melody (violin?) lead. It was a little hard to hear and the attack was a bit slow to keep up with the fast pace and note changes. Again, nothing big to find fault with here, though.

Yes

EDIT: My apologies! I humbly request F-Zero, Sixto style.