Sony 2011 E3 Conference: Move it out!

The Damned

This is so boring.

"And now we're bringing back another ip you don't remember/care about!"

*no applause*

(really nervous fat guy gives a speech and makes bad jokes that arent even ironically funny)

ad nauseum,

Uhm, holy shit. Vita is $249 Wifi and $299 3G.

That means for something that has a better, bigger screen, better wireless, and some damn good looking stuff coming up for it... fuck.

Now, I'm a long-time Nintendo handheld buyer. I have owned and still own pretty much every GameBoy and DS model so far. So this isn't some random observation.

The only way Nintendo can recover from that is the Cafe to be waaaaaaaaaay more than what anyone was expecting.

The only way Nintendo can recover from that is the Cafe to be waaaaaaaaaay more than what anyone was expecting.

nintendo still has the nintendo advantage, which is to say that all of their first party games are top tier

don't know about you guys but 90% of my PSP use has been doing things non-game related, and of the 10% that is games, 9% of that was emulating games from the NES and SNES

nintendo still has the nintendo advantage, which is to say that all of their first party games are top tier

don't know about you guys but 90% of my PSP use has been doing things non-game related, and of the 10% that is games, 9% of that was emulating games from the NES and SNES

Conversely it's nothing BUT gaming on my PSP, what games do you currently have on it as of now aside from the emulators and roms?

Currently my PSP library consists of

Prinny Can I really be the Hero 1 & 2

(mainly because I lost my original disc and said fuck it get the portable version)

(Can't seem to find the PSP version where the fight is much harder compared to the PS2 version shown)

namely, peace walker and ghosts and goblins

castlevania almost but it is a remake and a poor one at that but it's worth it for symphony of the night (which is less good because they changed the voice acting)

I will slowly slowly convince everyone that shitty japanese anime grindathons don't fucking count as goddamn videogames worth playing

especially goddamn disgaea

namely, peace walker and ghosts and goblins

castlevania almost but it is a remake and a poor one at that but it's worth it for symphony of the night (which is less good because they changed the voice acting)

I will slowly slowly convince everyone that shitty japanese anime grindathons don't fucking count as goddamn videogames worth playing

especially goddamn disgaea

If that was believable I wouldn't have continued with Disgaea. :lol:

I'm quite surprised you left out Metal Slug and Valkyrie Profile though. Also I too prefer the original cheese of SotN's voice acting.

I'm curious as to the battery life of Vita. It looks a bit more interesting than the 3DS at the moment. Is it going to be straight downloads or actual UMDs again?

Didn't finish watching the press conference, saw about three shooters in a row and lost interest....

What was the one anime-style cel-shaded game on Vita? Tehy only showed a few seconds of it when I caught it, but maybe tehy showed more when I was getting dinner?

It was something about a girl fighting monsters (holy shit, innovative, right?).

My only real complaint about the Vita is it's being shackled with AT&T...

Farewell PS-Vita for now.

Why do you need 3G on your gaming handheld? PSP, DS and 3DS don't have 3G, but all of a sudden you can't even get the normal wifi version of the Vita because the 3G version is on AT&T? That's... stupid. You don't need to be connected to the internet at all times. If you're away from a wifi hotspot long enough that you need internet access, you don't have enough games on your handheld. (Or you don't have a phone capable of creating a mobile hotspot.)

The ball is in Nintendo's court now. I have a DS and PSP, and while I prefer the latter marginally more, I was expecting the 3DS to kill the NGP. But the Vita being lower priced and having way more interesting features across the board has me leaning the other way.

way more interesting features

I'm not trying to be inflammatory here, but which in particular are you referring to?

I mean the touch screen is a shared dynamic with the 3DS, you just said the 3G was a negligible feature and the only other thing I can think of is a second joystick. Was there something interesting that I missed during the Sony snoozefest?

Better processor, more memory, dual analogs, bigger/better screen, more storage (afaik), more powerful graphics processor, reverse touchpad, multitouch screen (again, afaik 3DS is not multitouch), cross-connect with PS3 for cloud saving and multiplayer and so forth. Not to mention PSN, all jokes aside, is a much better unified platform for online play than whatever was in the DS. Even with 3DS, Nintendo still misses the mark with online play.

so where's that stupid who was predicting ff7 remake at sony show?

someone forgot to tell him that people have been predicting ff7 remake at sony e3 shows for like 5 years now

Lol, a few people were predicting that. I kinda wished it was true. There was a rumor that Square Enix had some big A-list remake in the works or something, based on their financial decline recently and the fact that remakes are all the rage nowadays.