(e3) Super Secret Remake, or "How I Learned To Shut Up And Swallow Complete Rubbish, Again"

They should have been able to make 2 games in that time. But oh wait, there's also FF13 Kingdom Hearts Mode, and FF13 Handheld Mode as well as FF13-2. So essentially Square took like 4 dumps instead of making two truly good games. :tomatoface:

I laffed.

You're right, they said it would take them a long time to make it, but they've been wasting their time making something people don't want. They should just cancel FFXIII-2 and just give people what they want if they're going to take so long making it.

Then again, I'd only want a remake of such a beloved game if the original team members were all assembled for it, which I don't think that's ever going to happen.

Whateva.

They had plans for a FF13 Sequel since before FF13 came out.

Just an FYI.

I think it's more along the lines of the FF13 dev team had no idea wtf they were doing at any point and made almost 2 games worth of crud, now they're deciding to package that other bit as a second game... <_<

@OCRE: They could hire Nobuo (like they did for FF14), get permission from Hironobu Sakaguchi to reuse his story and stuff, as for Tetsuya, he's probably on board... Apart from that I don't know but it probably wouldn't be too hard to get decent modern representations of things made while keeping these primary team members intact.

Also I'd like to call this thread the "I'm disappointed that E3 was crap and nobody cares about the Halo 1 remake" thread

@OCRE: They could hire Nobuo (like they did for FF14), get permission from Hironobu Sakaguchi to reuse his story and stuff, as for Tetsuya, he's probably on board... Apart from that I don't know but it probably wouldn't be too hard to get decent modern representations of things made while keeping these primary team members intact.

Also I'd like to call this thread the "I'm disappointed that E3 was crap and nobody cares about the Halo 1 remake" thread

They don't need Sakaguchi's permission for the story, as it's company owned -- you'll notice that his name doesn't even appear in the opening credits of FFV/FFVI GBA.