OceansAndrew

Remixer name : Bluelighter

Mail: guillaume.saumande@wanadoo.fr

ID forum : 30998

Game & Songs: Astérix (Game Boy) Helvétie

Composer: Alberto Jose Gonzalez

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4S2vXj5quc&feature=watch_response

Comment :

This is a track based a very good melody from Asterix, the Helvétie’s Theme. I tried to make a mix very sunny, with a rhythm of fanfare. I worked almost to get a mix exotic, with a kind of progression in the instrumentation. I hope you’ll like this arrangement J

• 2 weeks later...

This is very fun and pleasant, but beyond the new instrumentation, it follows the riginal incredibly closely. I can tell a lot of care was put in to give it a distinct feel, and the percussion feels especially authentic, but melodically and harmonically, it sounds exactly the same. I really enjoy this, but I don't think it is quite interpretive enough for the site. I think adding to or expanding on the material more would give it a better chance.:-(

No, please resubmit

What I noticed right away is that the song feels a little washed out at times, like it's got a little too much reverb. It kind of adds a dreamy texture, but at times it's just too much. Secondly was that this is very close to the source, and while everything is treated nicely, there's just not enough interpretation. Hope you hit this one again.

NO (resubmit)

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely agree with this being too far on the conservative side. The structure & progression basically match the original. You'd have to bring more personalization in structure, melodies and/or progression to meet the arrangement standards.

In addition to what's already been mentioned, there are some spacial issues here that you'll need to address. As DA said, many parts are pretty heavily reverbed, however, parts like the drums are pretty dry in comparison. This makes things sound pasted on, rather than working cohesively.

I can appreciate what you're doing here, though - I imagine this being a sort of Swiss folk rendition of the theme (disclaimer - I don't know what Swiss folk music really sounds like). You've also brought some nice, intricate orchestration behind this, which defintely shows very good potential in that regard.

No, resubmit please